Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 7

ERIN'S POV

When I woke up, the bus was in motion. I've been on tour with the guys for four days now. Today we were headed to the airport, but it was like, a two hour drive.

I heard the guys all goofing around in the front lounge with Matt. Because of me, the rest of the crew had to squeeze into their other tour bus. I kinda felt bad but Evan and Coloussy told me not to worry about it, so I kept my worries to myself. As the bus hit a pothole, my stomach did back-flips and suddenly I felt queasy. I jumped right out of the bunk, and ran to the small bathroom to puke my guts up. I think the guys heard me, because next thing I knew, someone was holding my hair back from my face and there was no noise, just concerned muttering. When I'd finished, I felt so weak I just fell back into whoever it was who was holding me. Looking up, I saw it was Alex, and he smiled weakly. We'd become really close lately, so when we sat like that for a few minutes, it didn't really bother me. We really were becoming best friends, and luckily Jack didn't mind. In his opinion, I may have taken his best friend, but I have not stolen his husband. And plus, it was okay because he was his guy best friend, so he reasoned that he would have a different best friend job to me. Don't ask me to explain that, I barely understood it myself!

"Are you okay?" Alex asked, concern forming in his brow.

"I'm fine," I answered. I actually was. I felt hungry. It was almost as if I hadn't thrown up. "I guess I just got a little travel sick when we hit that pothole."

"Right..." Alex was really hesitant. Okay? Not a side I'd seen to him these past few days.

"I'm hungry. Do we have any lettuce and chocolate spread?" I really liked that now. It was something my granddad did for me once, when I was a kid. I hated it. He was pretty preoccupied at the time, just like the time I'd asked him if vampires existed and he'd said yes. I wasn't able to close my door or turn the light off for years, just so I would no if the alleged vampire would enter my room at night. You could never be too careful when you were a kid. But yeah, now I had been eating lettuce and chocolate spread rolled up, and it was REALLY good.

I flushed the toilet, quickly brushed my teeth and saw all the guys on the bus stare at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked them as I got the lettuce and stuff I needed out on the counter.

They all looked at each other, and Alex decided to take one for the team, as the other guys subtly disappeared into the back lounge, leaving us alone. I finished making my sort of breakfast and Alex pulled me into the front lounge as I was munching.

"Erin...you've been eating that horrendous combination for the past four days-"

"It's really good! You should give it a chance!" Yeah, I spoke with my mouth full. It didn't bother Alex.

"Let me finish, kay?" He looked at me to make sure I wouldn't speak again. I nodded, slumped back onto the couch and let him continue. "Right, you've been eating that...thing...for days now, and you just threw up but felt perfectly fine. Don't you think it's time you thought about taking a test?"

I spluttered my food out and nearly choked. Alex patted my back. Once I was calm and collected, I looked him straight in the eye. "No, Alex. I said we'd wait until I'm supposed to get my period and THAT is when I will take a test."

"But that's two whole weeks!!! Of not knowing!!! PLEASE? You're supposed to be my new, crazy, fangirl, best friend! Pretty please?" Man, he was really working it with the whole pouting and batting his eye lids and just generally trying to look cute...and I gotta admit, he did look cute. Just like a newborn puppy!

I looked at carefully, and prepared myself. "Alex, be honest with me, okay?"

He nodded and forgot all the bravado. Wow, serious Alex. "Okay, do...Alex do you...want me to be pregnant?" There. I'd asked him.

ALEX'S POV

I thought about lying, saying I didn't really mind, but I couldn't. Not to my best friend. That was how close we were, in all of four days. I was surprised, but happy. The sooner we became like this, the sooner I could try and make her mine, really mine.

I took a breath, stared into those gorgeous green eyes, awaiting my answer. "Yes. Yes I do...I think it would be nice to have a kid..." I hung my head, waiting for her to slap me or run out on me or something. But she didn't. She just sat there. I finally looked up at her and a huge smile slowly spread across her face.

Then she attacked me with a hug, almost making me fall backwards onto the couch, which I wouldn't have minded, but she most certainly would have gotten flustered. "Oh Alex, I'm so glad you said that!"

I had a confused look on my face, but she wouldn't see because she was too busy hugging me half to death. "You are? But I thought you didn't want to be...I thought that was why you wouldn't get a test?"

I heard her laugh and then she pulled back, arms still around my neck. She was sat on top of me, my hands around her waist. "I didn't want to take the test because I thought YOU didn't want me to be pregnant, stupid!"

I chuckled and pulled her back in for a hug. God, she smelled good. "So will you take the test now?"

Once more, she pulled back, a kind of sad little look on her face. "No. I'd still rather wait, because now if I took a test and I wasn't...then I'd just be sad because all along you and I would have actually wanted a baby. At least this way we have just over a week left of a little hope."

"I guess I can see where you're coming from...I won't bother you about getting a test done again then," I gave in, admitting defeat.

"Thank you," she said sweetly and kissed me on my cheek. I savored those kisses. "But don't you think it's weird...like us two friends having a baby? I think it's weird. Not many people I know do it..."

"I don't care. As long as the parents love the kids, right?" Erin smiled and nodded. I took in another deep breath, as I prepared to ask the question I'd been waiting to ask. "So, I need to ask you something, and before you turn me down, I want you to think about it, okay?"

Erin nodded, cocking her head to one side.

"Well...when we get off the Canadian tour, if you are pregnant, I don't want you going round South America with us, okay?" She nodded. Good, part one done. "Well, during that time, I would be thinking it would be best if you stayed at my house. Rian is moving out soon to live with Cassadee, and I just thought it would be more ideal...and then...maybe you could stay...for good." Okay. Got if off my chest, hopefully she'd say yes.

I could see Erin had her thinking face on and she was chewing her lip. Damn this girl is driving me crazy! Finally she looked back at me. "So, you're asking me to stay, in America, in your house, with you?"

"Yeah. I mean, if you are pregnant I don't want us to have to keep flying out to see the kid..."

She thought about it another minute. "So we'd be like, roomies? Best friend roomies with a baby?"

"Exactly."

"Okay then."

My eyes almost popped outta my head. "Seriously? Really? You're saying yes?"

"Of course I'm saying yes!" she laughed. "I've only known you a short while, but honestly you're the best friend I've ever had! And I agree with you, the kid shouldn't be split up from it's parents, and planes cost too much and are too tiring. Plus, I've always wanted to live in America, and it's not like anything is keeping me here." She finished her speech and smiled at me. I pulled her up and we did our celebratory little dance. We ended up in fits of laughter and just as I caught her, we were both breathless, and so CLOSE. I was just about to close the gap between our faces and kiss her when Matt interrupted us and announced we were at the airport. Erin happily skipped over to him, gave him a little hug and kiss on the cheek and turned back to me. motioning me to follow her. She didn't even realise I was going to kiss her. Fuck. I was going to have to work a hell of a lot harder to get her all to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I hope this one was better than the last....anyway, let me know what you think, what you wanna see, what you don't, if there's some pairing you wanna see or what POVs you wanna see...just any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated! I do not own any of ATL band/crew