Status: New story. Should be out soon. :)

Sugar Rush

11

Allison hustled and bustled around the shop. It was closing time once again and people were still hoping to get a treat to take home around nine pm. She loved it and hated it at the same time. She hadn’t had a break all day. Starting at six am and still going a little after nine pm, she was exhausted.

“We’re officially closed!” Someone announced. It meant no one was left in the shop and all employees were looking to go home.

“Get out!” Allison laughed playfully. The group of closers cheered and wished her a good night as they left out the front door.

Closing and locking it behind them all she moved back through the shop. She still had things to do. Grabbing a few papers off the counter and began sorting through them. Pushing open her office door she looked at the papers in her hands. Her gaze shifted up and everything in her froze at the sight of who was sitting behind her desk.

He gave a lazy wave.

“When did you… how did you…” She pointed over her shoulder confused.

“We had a lunch date remember?” He asked softly. Her shoulders slumped as she tried to remember. “I tried to get your attention at first then I realized I’d just wait till you took a break.” He added. “You never did.” He hushed playfully.

“Wait.” She stated. Placing one hand on her forehead she sighed. “Our lunch dates on the sixth.” She pointed.

“It is the sixth.” Sidney picked the little calendar up showing it to her. Her mouth began to flounder. “It’s okay.” He stated quickly before she could begin apologizing. “You were busy, you had more import things to do. I know.” He smiled. Crossing his arms over his chest he leaned back in her chair as he watched her.

“It’s no excuse and we both know it.” Allison huffed at him. “I made a promise and I broke.” She stated honestly.

“Oh no. I’m so upset.” Sidney rolled his eyes with a smile. He stood up and even shook his hands at her to mock her further.

“Don’t get sarcastic and snarky with me.” She pointed the mail in her hand at him.

“What are you gonna do? Give me a cupcake?” He teased. Walking around the desk towards her he smirked.

“What is with you?” She laughed softly. She’d never seen him to playful and sarcastic.

“Well you know,” He scratched the side of his head. “I had this date with this really hot girl…and, uh,” He brought his gaze to her. “She kinda stood me up.” He smirked.

“I’m sorry!” She gasped at him. “I didn’t mean to.” She pouted sadly. “I really didn’t.” She felt horrible for missing their date. She even had been looking forward to it and been excited for it.

Sidney stood directly in front of her with a smirk as she watched him sadly. Chuckling he just leaned down kissing her quickly.

“I’m sure I’ll survive. I mean…” He shrugged. Allison eyed him surprised. “I’ve got you now.” Her fist collided with his solid chest at that comment irritated. He only grunted and rubbed the spot as she turned shaking her hand out. “Ow.” He laughed. “I didn’t think you’d hit me.” He laughed loudly.

“Jerk! I feel bad enough that I forgot our date you don’t have to make me feel worse.” She groaned. Shaking her hand she looked at the slightly red knuckles of her hand. It felt like she’d punched a brick wall.

“Here.” Sidney took her hand looking it over. “I didn’t mean to make you feel worse. I mean you were playing along in the beginning.” He added. She pouted at her.

“Cause it was funny. I didn’t think it’d go the way it did!” She huffed. Sidney laughed softly.

“Well how about you make it up to me?” He pressed. She eyed him closely. “Let me treat you to dinner?” He asked casually.

“Um no.” Allison stated bluntly.

Sidney recoiled stunned. That hadn’t been the answer he was expecting.

“How about, I treat you to dinner?” She responded by naturally. Placing her hands on her hips she eyed him carefully, daring him to deny her. He crossed his arms over his broad chest and smiled at her.

“No.” He shot back. “I’m not letting you pay for anything.” He snorted. Quickly turning her he took the papers in her hand, tossed them on the desk, and pushed her out the office door. “Let’s go.” He chirped.

“Fine but I’m paying.” Allison shot strutting from the office. Sidney laughed a loud girlyish laugh and followed. “Laugh now hockey player, but I will win this face off.” Glancing over her shoulder she smiled as he stopped stunned.

His mouth twitched into a smile and she popped her hip exiting the shop as she gloated a bit.

“You’ve been studying.” Sidney finally managed. “That’s so hot.” He growled.

Allison only glanced back over her shoulder at him with a smile and a wink before she rushed to his SUV. His smirk grew as he rushed towards her proudly.

“Maybe.” Was her only response.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait guys. Been really busy.
I promise the next one will be longer!