Status: New story. Should be out soon. :)

Sugar Rush

18

Allison enjoyed Trina and Taylor’s company. Trina was having fun with irritating her son by ignoring him and talking about him as if he wasn’t sitting at the kitchen table with them and when he went to leave or had been out of the room for only a few moments she would call for him to ask the simplest of questions, making it impossible for Sidney to actually leave the room.

Thus why he lay across the kitchen table, his arms stretched out in front of him and his head down. Rubbing his back she smiled weakly at him, not sure what to say or do. Telling Trina to leave him alone encouraged Taylor to start yelling for him in her place. It didn’t help his situation.

One thing that had Allison worried about what meeting Troy, Sidney’s father. He wasn’t home and Trina wasn’t sure when he would be. She wasn’t sure if he was working overtime and that meant he could be home in five minutes or five hours.

It had been two hours since her and Sidney had arrived at the house and Trina suggested they go outside. Sidney tried to protest but only got a string of questions that forced him to follow his mother out the door as she talked to him. His shoulders were slumped, his head tipped back, and irritation oozed off him. He really was sixteen again.

“We like making him mad.” Taylor whispered. Allison looked at her surprised. “You know make sure he remembers he’s a normal guy and not a super hero like Pittsburg make’s him out to be.” She added as they stepped out onto the large porch.

Allison couldn’t help but grin at her words. It made sense. They were keeping him humble, but at the same time it was a bit embarrassing at the same time. Sidney looked ready to blow is own brains out and several of the questions flying out of his mother’s mouth had her blushing as he groaned out a horrified ‘mom!’ at her.

Sitting on the porch swing next to Sidney she gave him a tight lipped smile. He rolled his eyes as he slid his arm on the back of the bench and around her shoulders. The action got two coos of blissful delight of his mother and sister.

“Seriously?” He demanded in a huff. He sounded sixteen and it was cute in a way. “Can I bring a woman home and have you to be normal, please?” He wondered.

“You never bring women home!” His mom gasped.

“Expect that crazy one once.” Taylor tacked on. His mother pointed at the truth in his sister’s words. “So we’re making sure she’s not crazy.” She grinned. Allison could feel the heat growing in his face as Sidney smacked himself in the face with his free hand.

“I’m going to end up single after this trip.” He mumbled into his hand. “Fucking fantastic.” He huffed as his hand slid down his face. “I hate you two in advance.”

“If you hate up now wait till dad gets here.” Taylor stated easily as she scanned her brother from over his nails idly.

Sidney stiffed and groaned at the idea. Allison was terrified enough as it was to meet Troy, Sidney’s reaction wasn’t helping any.

“What’s going to happen when I get home?” The back down squeaked open as Troy Crosby wandered out onto the patio with a beer in his hands. “Uh…who are you?” he asked looking dead set at Allison.

She stood hand out stretch as her knees felt ready to give under her own weight.

“I’m Allison Gully.” She introduced herself as professionally as she could.

“Okay…” Troy muttered as he took her hand and shook it. “Troy Crosby. Why are you on my porch?” He sounded genuinely confused.

Allison blinked as he sat next to Trina. She sank back down next to Sid who’d sat up right and was watching him father intently.

“She’s Sid’s girlfriend, remember?” Trina smacked him lightly as she rolled her eyes. Troy paused, beer halfway to his lips and squinted one eyes.

“Nope, but it’s also been a long day, so…I hardly remember my own name.” Troy shrugged as he took a swing from his beer. “Wait, this is your girlfriend? I was expecting another anorexic twit.” He stated usure of himself. Trina hit him again earing a glare in her direction.

“Could you be nice for once?” Sidney demanded. Allison wasn’t sure if Troy was actually confused or if that was his round-about way of calling her fat and mildly retarded.

“I’m being honest!” Troy snapped. “I didn’t expect you to ever bring home a real woman!”

Allison flushed. Was he complementing her or hiding an insult in plain sight? She wasn’t sure what was happening. With the way Sidney talked about his father, and what the internet had on him she expected an over powering, protective, and hostile father towards anything distracting his son from hockey.

Glancing at Sidney she was relieved to find she wasn’t the only one unsure of Troy’s intentions. Sidney’s brows at narrowed and his mouth hung half open with pursed lips of utter confusion. Sidney pointed and let out a low hum of questioning to his father.

“So, what do you do?” Troy demanded.

Allison snapped back to attention.

“I own a bakery.” She squeaked out. Troy hummed as if he didn’t approve. “It’s called Sugar Rush.” She tacked on in hopes, despite the fact they didn’t live in Pittsburg, they would know it. Trina lit up and squealed slightly.

“I loved that place! We went last time we saw Sid play remember? The line was out the door!” She gushed. Troy paused as he took a drink of his beer. “You remember don’t you?” Trina demanded.

“Yeah, I remember. Stood in line for damn near a half hour.”

“That’s a slow day.” Allison whispered honestly. Troy choked on his beer.

“What the hells a long day then?”

“Two hours or more.” She whimpered out.

“On the upside you now no longer have to wait.” Taylor pointed out. It was true they didn’t.

“You’re not feeding him any of that fattening stuff are you?” Troy narrowed his gaze at her.

“He wishes.” Allison snorted. She’d chased him out enough times since they’d started hang out. Sidney glared at her.

“Do not.” Sidney shot at her quickly. “I don’t.” he added to his father. Allison raised a brow at him. He and the others had come in plenty of times. “You’re thinking of Jordan.” He pointed at her.

“I couldn’t chase him off with a baseball bat, and I’ve tried.” She admitted. Sidney frowned at her. “He looked at him and said, there’s no way you can hit me hard that Eric ever has and then picked up a tray of cupcakes and went and hid in my office with Loraine.”

Sidney covered his face and hung his head to hide the smile across his plum lips. All she could do was shrug. Jordan was a giant monster that didn’t give a crap about a single thing as long as it made him happy at the moment.

“I like her, she’s a bit of an asshole.” Troy mused, breaking the silence.

“Dad!” Sidney gasped as Taylor clapped with a roar and laughter. Trina covered her face and swore silently to herself.

“Thanks?” Allison questioned. Troy lifted his beer at her and nodded.

“Jesus. I’m really going to end up single after this trip.” Sidney grumbled into his hands and he hid his face.

“Hey, if that happens it won’t be my fault.” Troy mused.

“It’s be all there of you to blame!” Sidney accused.

“Rein it in there drama queen.” Taylor teased. Sidney glared and pointed her in a threatening minor. “That’s a good look on you, I think the mascaras a bit thick for the scene but, hey, who am I to judge.” She teased.

“I sweat I’ll hurt you.” Sidney threated like a true older brother under his breath.

“Sidney!” Trina gasped startled.

“She started it!” Sidney defend himself.

“Did not.” Taylor gasped back in mock surprise. Trina threw her hands up and turned to Troy for help. All he did was look out over the lake in the distance and put his beer to his lips as he tried to act like he hadn’t seen or hear a thing.

“I swear…” He growled at her.

Allison covered her smile as she laughed. Sidney glared at her as Taylor grinned.

“This isn’t funny.” He hissed at her. She could only nod. “No it’s not! This is …ugh…” He hung his head.

“Aw, are you crying?” Taylor teased in a baby voice. Sidney glared at her.

The weight of meeting his family had lifted. They were nothing more than a regular family. Sure Troy had a protective nature to him, but what father wouldn’t defend and want to protect their overly successful son? It made sense. Trina was a kind sweet woman who only wanted to see her family happy and healthy, and Taylor, well Taylor was the overly annoying little sister whose sole purpose was to annoy Sidney. It was nice to see that they weren’t a bunch of uptight jerks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, and/or who ever still reads this, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been supper busy and haven't had a whole lot of time to write or update. I don't know when the next update will be, hopefully sooner than later, but know that I haven't forgotten I just have little to zero time. Still working on it when I do have time and I'll hopefully have more time to update again soon.

Thanks for reading and all that jazz. :)