The Girl Named Bambi

Chapter 4

Ch 4

Jacob's eyes bore into mine. He smiled gently and rose from his seat. His crisp, black tux crinkled slightly as he walked toward me. He reached out his hand to help me up, and I reached out my bare arm. I looked down and saw a beautiful strapless wedding gown. It was as white as a dove and very lacy. Perched on my left hand was a large diamond ring. He grinned. 

"What do you want to do now," he smiled and pulled me closer. My heart began to beat faster as I gently pulled away. 

"Let's go back to the reception. He's waiting for me." I innocently suggested. Jacob frowned. 

"You married the wrong man, Bambi. He doesn't love you!" Jacob exclaimed and I frowned. 

"You're ruining my wedding day! Stop it, Jake. I never should've invited you. Everyone here knows it's only because I feel bad for you. You need to get over her. Bella is just a girl. A taken one, at that," I complained and looked at my feet. 

"It's not her I'm worried about," he declared and ran off. I tried to chase after him, but I felt dizzy and fell to the ground. Blood came pouring out through my lips as though I were foaming at the mouth, and the world faded away, one white ribbon-decorated column at a time. Eventually it all blacked out. 

~~~~~~~~~~
"Bambi, get up." Embry shook me once more. My eyes shot open. I found myself on the floor in his sleeping bag with him. 

"Why am I down here?" I asked, and shot a worried glance his way. 

"You were screaming. In your sleep. I had to keep you quiet. And for the past hour, you've been crying." I felt my cheeks. They were sticky with nearly dry tears. 

"I was having dreams all night. Strange ones." I stood up and sat down on the bed. Embry nodded. 

"I could tell," he said solemnly and I made him promise not to tell anyone. 

"You're going to need some clothes. Mom told me to take you shopping today for everything you need. She said honestly anything and everything you could possibly want," he announced and rolled his eyes jokingly when I bounded up and squealed. 

"That's awesome! But what should I wear today?" I asked, and he opened his closet door. Soon he produced a pair of grey sweatpants and a baseball sweatshirt. Both were five times too big and six times too long. I took the sweatshirt and acquired some black leggings from Tiffany. 

"I'm ready!" I yelled down the stairs at Embry, who was making eggs for us. I had one egg. 

"Aren't you hungry?" he inquired. 

"Of course. I was starving! But not anymore." I began to wash my plate. 

"One egg?" 

"Yeah. That's more breakfast than I've eaten since I was eight. I'm full," I explained and he looked a little suspicious. 

"I'm serious," I insisted and we headed out. I sat in the passenger's seat of the small Toyota Prius. We hadn't taken the Escalade, so I assumed this was Embry's car. 

"Do you know how to drive?" he asked as he situated his mirror. I shook my head. Over my foster parents' dead bodies. 

"I'll teach you sometime," he offered. 

"I'd like that," I responded. It was a long car trip to Port Angeles, and I had been sleeping most of the way. Embry shook me awake when we got there. 

"Wake up, sleeping beauty. We're here."

Port Angeles was beautiful. I loved it. Bright store window displays, colorful flowers and trees, and the beige pavement that curved into every store. I wanted to go everywhere. We ran all across town. I picked out skirts, jeans, and tank tops from Abercrombie, and some sweatshirts from Abercrombie and Fitch. I got shirts, shorts, accessories, purses, and shoes from Forever 2. I picked out every makeup product a girl could ask for and a blow dryer, flat iron, and curler from Sephora, and every pair of shoes I liked at DSW. We then stopped at HotTopic and I purchased Converse and Vans. Lastly, Embry waited outside while I stepped into Pink by Victoria's Secret. I purchased hoodies, sweatpants, tshirts, yoga pants, bras, sports bras, and panties. It was all I could ever want. Then I got all my school supplies and my school uniform, which was a white button down tucked into a short plaid skirt. We also wore white knee socks with two navy stripes at the top, and shoes of your choice. I wanted to wear Sperry Top Siders. 

We also stopped at Target on our way home to get everything I didn't already have and groceries, too. 

"Get whatever food you'd like and let me know if you're allergic to anything I put in the cart."

I had an absolute field day. Ice cream, cookies, chips, peanut butter, candy, chocolate milk, frozen chicken nuggets and French fries, everything I had ever enjoyed. Embry looked surprised. 

"So you'll eat all of that, but not two eggs in the morning?" he grinned and smacked me with a box of crackers jokingly. I smiled and laughed. 

"Let's check out," I proposed and rode the cart like a scooter up to the lines. We spent so much money that day. But I had so much fun with my brother. I told him so in the car. 

"You're the best sister ever. And I didn't know you existed until yesterday. Why don't we go home, you can clean up and unload your stuff in your room. Mom set it up for you today."

"Thanks. And okay." I tapped my freshly painted nails on the dashboard. Embry had taken me to get that done too. I loved him. 

"We are going to go meet some of my friends later," Embry announced. I agreed and ran all my new things into the house. 

"Your room is the one across from Embry's," Tiffany called as I ran up the stairs. I hung all my clothes up in the closet and arranged my shoes. I put up all the accessories and makeup and hair stuff in my bathroom. Now it was time to fix myself up. I got into the shower and turned on the hot water. I got goosebumps from how warm it was. I hadn't had a shower in a few days since the escape. This felt good. I just thought in there. I didn't have to worry. Just feel the warm water massaging my back and dripping down to my feet. I finally got out before I turned into a prune. 

I pulled out my new blowdryer and used it along with my flat iron on my hair. The result was a smooth, straight look. I went into my closet and pulled out a navy blue tank top and a baby blue flowered miniskirt from Abercrombie and put those on. I finished it off with a pair of navy blue Toms and headed into the bathroom. I put on a silver charm bracelet that was in a box on my bed from my mom. 

I flounced downstairs to see a girl and a guy I'd never met. They were both the Quileute tan and dark haired kind, but the guy was very tall like Embry and the girl was shorter like my mom. But taller than me. They were holding hands. She wore a pink Hollister tshirt and a pair of cute jeans with some Sperrys. The boy wore a blue polo and khaki shorts. He was cute. 

"There she is!" the girl squealed as soon as she spotted me, and rushed up to me. She squashed me in a suffocating hug. 

"It's so nice to meet you, Bambi! I'm Kim. We're going to be great friends!" she announced and looked me over. The guy also gave me a hug. 

"Hi, I'm Jared, Kim's boyfriend. Nice to meet you," he said. I smiled back. 

"You too," I replied and looked him over once more. 

"Wow, you look so cute! I should've dressed up more," Kim said, a worried look on her face. 

"No, you look great. I just sort of threw this on. Will you come upstairs with me?" I asked her, and she winked, nodded, and turned to Jared. 

"I'll be back. Stay with Embry." she said and rushed up the stairs with me to my room. I led her into my bathroom. 

"Can you... Can you teach me how to use all of this stuff?" I asked timidly and pointed toward the makeup. 

"Of course!" she said, and showed me the proper use of each thing. She even gave me a few tips, and did my makeup for me. I watched as she brushed the foundation on, angled the blush upward, she said, put on the eyeshadows in the right spots, applied the eyeliner in smooth, swift strokes, curled my eyelashes, and put on mascara. 

"Wow," she looked at me like an artist looks at their work, "you sure are beautiful. I'm so jealous. Now I really feel underdressed."

"You can borrow some of my clothes," I offered, "and my curling iron."

"Are you serious? Okay. Thanks so much!" she looked through my closet until she found a skirt and a tank top like mine, put them on, and curled her hair. 

"We look like sisters," I said and she smiled and gave me a hug. 

"I think we are going to be best friends." She pulled me downstairs. Everyone else had arrived. Jared pulled Kim into a hug as though she'd been gone for a week. They seemed really in love. I wondered what was up with that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me forever!! Longer chapter. I LOVE to hear feedback, so message me or comment on the story. If you do, I'll check out your stuff and tell you what I think.