A Wish Upon a Lucky Star

V

Lottie’s POV

As i ran from the alleyway leaving Greg i heard bullet’s chipping off the metal. I just hoped he was protected enough where he was as i headed to try and help Catherine. As i turned a couple of block’s down i slowed to walk as i pressed myself against the wall my own weapon now in my hand.

As i got to the end of the alleyway i could see Catherine taking cover behind whatever was close to her. She looked like she had been hit as she concentrated on the shots firing all around her. I wasn’t going to be able to get close myself without been seen and i knew i had to distract them somehow. As i stayed hidden i called for back up, Brass gave me direct instructions to stay hidden but i knew Catherine needed my help.

I heard more gunfire erupt on the opposite side of the road to Catherine this time. As i looked over i saw Sara fleeing as fast as she could looking for cover. She was running straight towards the gunfire raining down on Catherine and i knew i had to do something. I positioned myself and managed to get a good view of the shooter sending out a shot. The shot made Sara jump but ran towards me. She must of recognised who it was.

Sara skidded to a stop just as the shooter took aim towards me. I pulled myself back behind the wall momentarily as gun fire rained close to us.

“Where are the other’s to?”

“I don’t know shots reigned down to quick it separated me from them. Thanks for directing me from the path of that other guys shots i owe you one.”

“No problem. We need to get to Catherine though she’s trapped and i think she’s injured. Greg is trapped the other side of the alley to.”

Sara nodded as the two of us stayed pressed against the wall. If we can distract the guy with enough gun fire do you reckon she can run for cover?”

“It would be a risk, they might know that move now.”

I was stopped mid thought by the sound of sirens growing louder quickly. It seemed like back up was here and we would be ok i just hoped Catherine and Greg were both ok. As we waited Brass soon appeared beside us along with several members of the S.W.A.T team and uniformed officer‘s. It wasn’t long before a gun battle took place. I was grateful however when Catherine was stood beside me and Sara once more.

She was wounded but it wasn’t fatal and once it was clear we guided her towards a nearby ambulance. I then turned my attention to finding Greg whilst brass tried to locate Grissom and nick. As i reached the top of the alley i expected to see him beside officers but he was nowhere insight. I turned to officer Briggs.

“Have you guys helped Greg out?”

“We haven’t seen Greg just the shooter. Greg wasn’t here when we got here. Should he be.”

“i don’t where else he could of gone to take better cover. We need to find him he could be in trouble.”

Brigg’s nodded and informed his colleague as the three of us moved away and started to cover more of the area. I noticed footsteps at a wide spacing moving away and wondered if it was from Greg running for better cover. As we continued to follow the footsteps they stopped suddenly and there were suddenly two sets of shoes prints. These then hit tarmac and disappeared completely.

I stood just scanning the area momentarily trying to understand what had happened to Greg. It was then officer Briggs pointed out a point of recent disturbance beside an old wooden shed. The three of us slowly edged closer weapons raised as they took cover on each side of the door. I was prepared to cover Briggs back myself as he flung the door open.

As light entered the small space a male in a black ski mask jumped in surprise. It didn’t take long for Brigg’s to grab in him wrestling him to the floor before he was handcuffed. Stood in the corner looking somewhat grateful was Greg. He has a bloody lip and nose but apart from that seemed pretty unharmed as he stepped forward towards us.

Greg said nothing at first as he ran a hadn against his lip wiping blood off his face. He stepped out into the daylight just watching as the male was dragged away .

“Greg you ok?”

“Huh.......me?..........oh yeah........I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

Greg just nodded his hand resting on my shoulder gently as we walked towards a relieved looking Brass as Nick and Grissom trailed behind him also looking a tad bloody.

“Right your all ok, Catherine has gone to the hospital she needed some stitching. What the heck happened here?”

“The scene was clear then out of nowhere gunfire descended as we heard Catherine call for help. They must of already been there to try and stop us finding the evidence.”

As we stood there Brass looking mildly confused as he got Sara and Grissom’s side of the story nick’s cell phone started ringing out. He pulled it form his pocket and placed it to his ear. I presumed Steph had found more information out and waited for nick to inform u when i watched his face drop.

“Brandon, Brandon, it’s ok. I’m coming now don’t worry, is Wendy with you? Stay where you are just yell she will come to you. I’m coming now.”

“Got to go sorry.”

Before i could say anything nick was running towards one of the Tahoe’s and took off leaving behind a cloud of dust and smoke.

“Where’s he gone now?”

Brass seem pretty pissed off now and his mood could only get worse.

“He got a call and disappeared.”

“I’m going back to the station let me know when you guys are in one place I’m going to interrogate these guys.”

I nodded my head as Brass turned and walked off sharply getting into his vehicle. The rest of us squeezing into the only other Tahoe that was left here as we made our way back to the lab’s. As we did Catherine phoned to inform us she would be back at the labs as soon as a cab turned up for her.