Status: 1st priority

I Know There's Someone, Somewhere Praying That I Make It Home

"Watch yourself I'm taking over. The cracks in the pavement won't break my stride."

Dear Alexandria;

It’s been over twenty days since I last saw you. I want you to know that I’m thinking about you and that I love you. I’m not going to mess this up like I did before. I can promise you that. So the moment I found out we were going to the UK I got the tickets and the backstage passes for you to come to every show. I was hoping you would agree to go to York with me and then come back to LA with me. I know you have your own life in London but I would really love it if you just tried the LA life for a bit. Danny’s been fucking itching for his partner in crime to come and hang out with us. I like how I used to be his partner in crime and now you are. So hopefully the next week will go by fast and Danny won’t have a bitch fit.

Love, Ben motherfucking Bruce.


I laughed at his signature and his story about Danny. I really had to think about his idea of me coming to California. I’m more than likely sure that when it came down to the last couple days, I would cave and just go.

The box had got here late because their first concert was the 12th of January and it was the tenth. I hurried to my bedroom to pack as many outfits as I could fit into a big suitcase. Those twenty something days that had passed felt like a year to me. I couldn’t contain my own happiness. I was going to see Ben.

Glasgow; January 12th:

I didn’t have to wait in line like all the other people thanks to my back stage passes but I decided to surprise Ben. So I had an idea that I would stay in the crowd until last minute. It was a different atmosphere and feeling watching a band play from the crowd instead of from back stage. I wore black ripped skinny jeans, black boots, a half corset top but my leather jacket covered my stomach. I could feel my stomach tightening along with my nerves. I couldn’t exactly explain why I was nervous but I was.

To keep the crowd entertained there was a screen on the stage and it was playing the episode of The Warrior Show ft. Asking Alexandria since I got here thirty minutes early. I was really inspired by what was playing. I smiled when Ben showed off his tattoo on his chest and stated,” Family first. I haven’t changed my values one bit.”

I moved closer to the stage so I was up by the front gate. I turned to my left to see James and Sam talking on the side of the stage. I moved my hair away from behind my ear to block them from seeing exactly who I was. I almost didn’t care about being seen when Ben joined them with a bottle of Jack. I was literally less than five feet away from the man I love and my stupid surprise idea was keeping me from him.

I directed my eyes back to the screen and watched the rest of the episode until the venue went black and the crowd screamed. I felt my lips form into a smile and I found myself shouting along with the crowd. The lights flashed off and on for a few seconds and then they stayed on to reveal Asking Alexandria.

As the first song A Candlelight dinner with Inamorta began you could see the pure adrenaline rush they were all having. That feeling was honestly one of the best feelings you could have. It’s better than anything.