Say You Like Me

The Breakdown

Everything is completely fine. I kept saying this in my head as an house elf pulled my dress tighter around my waist.

"You look wonderful dear." My mother said as she stared at me through the mirror.

After my little episode on the field I had to make sure to keep my emotions in check, which became harder to accomplish with each day going by. Tonight will be our coming out party at the Malfoy's. We will be shown to the highest pure blood families, like prizes, as the happily engaged couple. While in reality, we haven't spoken a single word to each other since we were in Hogwarts.

It's all perfectly fine. I winced as the house elf pulled too much.

"How does it feel?" Mother asked.

Too tight.

"Just fine." I whispered, unable to take in a deep breath.

"Wonderful! I need to get dressed and we'll call for you when we're leaving. Alright dear." She smiled, put her hands together above her chest as she stared at me. She was so proud. This was probably the proudest she ever was, and will ever be of me. Following in her footsteps and those of thousands of women before me.

The dress was in fact gorgeous. It was sleek, pale pink, off the shoulder(just barely), and shimmered in any light. In any other situation I would have adored to wear it. I would have given away half of my wardrobe for it. But I couldn't enjoy it. Not with knowing that by tonight our engagement would be finalized and I would no longer be called Eleonora Greybass, but Eleonora Malfoy. It tasted rotten in my mouth.

"You can leave now." I whispered to the house elf as kindly as I could muster up. She nodded her head and made her exit swiftly and silently.

I picked up the hem of the dress and walked to my bed, I sat down and tried not to think of this day. But all thoughts came back to this moment. And no matter how much I tried, and tried to keep from crying, a tear slid down my cheek and then another and before a third could race down my blushing cheek, I quickly grabbed a silk handkerchief and dabbed my cheeks dry.

I went to my vanity and began to apply more blush, and perfume. If I was going to be a mess on the inside I sure as hell wasn't going to be one on the outside as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you all think? Let me know yeah?
The Dress.
The Makeup.
The Hairstyle.