Say You Like Me

The Breakdown

As soon as we appeared in the Malfoy's chimney Nacrissa had pulled me away and told me to wait in a room upstairs, while the remaining guests arrived.

The bedroom was everything you'd expect in a prominent home. The walls were tall and silver, with a large bed on a platform, and a white dresser stood opposite of it. The best feature was the immense window that looked out towards the back of the house.

Colossal trees covered parts of the window, a lake could be seen, but only by the moonlight reflecting off the surface. Mountains filled the edges between the earth and the sky, and just below the mountains I could see various little lights, barely flickering. I wondered what the people in that village were feeling right then, were they frightened, or excited. Had any of them felt the was I did right now? God did I feel so alone in this giant room.

I could hear the piano playing downstairs. It still seemed surreal. As if Draco wasn't even a real person, like no one else was realizing that my life was slowly ending, and I was just letting it happen.

Soon enough the ivory door opened and Draco was standing there, dressed in his all black suit, and a pale pink bow tie. For a few seconds we just stared at each other, at nothing in particular. A shared look that said we're both shot to hell.

Then he spoke, "Are you ready, Eleonora?"

It had been the first time in a long time that I'd heard him say my name. I answered him by standing up, slightly lifting my hem(enough not to trip), and making my way towards him. He held the door open for me to pass him.

In the few seconds it took for us to walk from the bedroom to the top of the stairs, he walked a few feet behind me, but as soon as we were in sight, he quickly took his place beside me, arm wrapped around my waist. It had surprised me enough to almost move away, but I caught myself in time. My father stepped up on the stairs and gained the full attention of the guests.

"Welcome dear friends. While most of you must be wondering why we've held this banquet, and many have guessed. I'm pleased to say we are in the presence of a newly engaged couple. Draco Lucius Malfoy is to be wed to my beautiful daughter, Eleonora Basil Greybass this April!" His voice boomed. Applause filled the hall, as everyone looked up at the both of us.

Father said a few more words, then asked us to join the dinner banquet. Draco had taken the first step but I couldn't manage to lift my foot up. It felt as though it weighed a thousand pounds. I could feel their eyes on me, my cheeks burn up and as if I could just fall right there, through Draco's fingers and through the stairs. Just disappear.

Draco gave my waist a slight squeeze and it managed to bring my body to life and I quickly fell into step with him. That had been the last slip up of the night. Draco stayed by my side all night, and did most the talking, yet he still hadn't bothered speaking to me.

Even if I had appreciated his helping hand, it still felt odd to have him so close, yet we couldn't be farther.
♠ ♠ ♠
on that note, I've only two things to say.
One. Sorry for the wait, I haven't had internet for a week.
Two. Sorry if there are mistakes. This chapter was written on my smart phone, which glitches, alot.
Tell me if its just fine.