Say You Like Me

I'm Ready, I am

"So how was it sissy?" Lisbeth asked excitedly. Jane jumped up onto my bed and looked up at me with big eyes, she laid her small hands on her lap and jumped slightly. Both of them thought my whole engagement to Draco was just magical. Neither knew how I felt suffocated and just how much of me it took to keep from leaving. But I wasn't about to ruin the thought of love and marriage for a seven and eleven year old.

"It was wonderful, the food was great, much better than anything we ever have. Everyone was looking at us." They both got a little closer, "I felt exactly like those princesses mom reads about."

Both of them squealed and fell back on my bed. I could only fake a smile and hope they will feel the same way about their marriage.

"What about Draco?" Jane mumbled, she's always had a school girl crush on Draco.

"A great man for me." Never talks to me.

"Always leaves me wordless." Probably will be as cold as his father.

"Makes me warm inside."I could never love him.

"Gosh! Nora you are so lucky!" Lisbeth yelled, "I can't wait to see you in your pretty dress!"

- - -

"Are you all done?" My father asked as the last of my bags disappeared in the trunk of a black car.

I nodded and looked at the house. Today was my last day in my home. I would be sent off to the Malfoy's, to live there until the wedding, then Draco and I would be off to live in another empty mansion. One empty house replaced by another, replaced by another.

"Well I suppose this is goodbye for now huh?" My mother smiled at me as she took my hand.

"Don't worry, it'll feel no longer than a few days." I laughed slightly, and squeezed her hand lightly before hugging my father and getting into the car. It had been my idea to go by car transportation instead of floo powder. Wanting to spend as much time as I could away from the Malfoy's.

As the small blossom trees went by and soon were replaced by old stone buildings, and people in rags, then replaced by large pine trees I could almost feel every thing from my past life being slowly ripped away. Nothing would be mine in the Malfoy's Manor. There would be no spot where I could escape to, every corner filled with their memories. Not mine.

All the things I brought with me, which hadn't been much, would slowly be taken away and replaced with the things Nacrissa thought looked best, all my dresses, my meaningful necklaces, the notes from friends, and perfumes that reminded me of summers in the French countryside. Soon my identity would be gone as well. My name.

- - -

"Finally!" Nacrissa said with a smile as I walked up the steps to the front door. "I thought you'd never arrive! I still don't understand why you prefer traveling by vehicles."

"Just to calm my nerves." I put on a small smile and flinched when I felt cold hands touch my fingers. A house elf was next to Nacrissa, holding two of my bags and had their hand out for the brown duffel in my hands.

I clenched the straps, and swallowed quietly, "It's fine." I could barely muster a whisper, "I'll take this one."

Nacrissa gave me a strange stare, then ushered the house elf away. "Well lets get you settled huh?"

I nodded at her and followed her into the depths of the cold house.

I was going to be just fine. It was like visiting grandma for the summer. Strange at first, but I'll get used to the new surroundings in time. Soon enough I'll have a scent for this place as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Late update, but it's finally out.
1. Don't worry, it'll pick up by the next two chapters.
2. Should I have the story have giant gaps(i.e. one chapter is in January, the next in February) or should I keep it mostly day to day, or at least important detail to insignificant detail to important detail?