Say You Like Me

Under Their Eyes

For being such a big house, the mansion seemed to be so small to me. It seems as though my entire world has gone from being as big as the ocean to only containing a few rooms and a small garden. It's as if I've gone from being a bird to a rodent trapped in this cage.

Draco hadn't bothered me much, only knocked on my door once to signal that a meal was being served but that was were our interaction came to a stop. And the same can be said for my relationship with Nacrissa and Lucius. So I can say I was surprised when I heard a light knock on the door and I saw Nacrissa open the wide, ivory door.

"Oh, hello Nacrissa." I smiled politely, standing up from my desk, leaving my notebook closed with a large novel laying on top of it.

"Hello Eleonora, I was hoping I could speak to you for a minute." She smiled and closed the door behind her. I nodded towards the lilac couch and went to sit on it after Nacrissa made her way towards it.

"Sure, what would you like to speak about?" I asked, hoping to keep a straight face. Had I done something wrong? Were they going to announce that Draco's and my engagement was off?

"Nothing too troubling, don't worry my dear." She cleared up right away, she looked at me and her smile dimmed slightly.

"It seems as though our plan hasn't been going exactly as we hoped." She confused me with this. I waited a bit to see if she would explain and when she didn't I spoke up.

"I'm quite sorry Nacrissa, but I have no clue what you are speaking about." I confessed.

"I'm sure you don't dear. Well, the problem is that we, your parents, Lucius and I, believed that you and Draco could be friends or rather friendly at least. And for a while I started to think you would. But it seems as though you two have drifted even farther apart." Nacrissa explained, clasping her dainty hands together.

"I'm sorry Nacrissa, I've tried, and so has Draco, please don't believe we haven't-" I quickly tried to cover up for Draco and myself.

"No, no don't think we're angry, it's nothing like that. But we'd really hope to see the both of you getting to know each other. So that this engagement can be a wonderful one, inside and out." What if I didn't want this wedding at all?

"I- I understand, don't worry, we'll try harder." I whispered looking down at our feet. Mine in a pair of silver flats, Nacrissa's in black heels, clad in a grey dress suit and pearls. Nacrissa always dressed up, even for the plainest of occasions, a fact I've learned in the short amount of time I've known her.

"Yes, please do try. I'd tell Draco this, but you know him as well as I do," only if you barely know a thing about him, "Draco isn't much for doing what he's told, and I know that you are quite obedient and I sure do hope to see you trying a bit harder with him. All he needs is a small push in the right direction." Nacrissa's words were so confusing. At one point I felt as if she was just giving friendly advice, and in the next I felt as if she were treating Draco and I as dogs, as pets.

"I promise." I smiled and she squeezed my hand quickly before standing, flattening her dress and walking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one will be out tomorrow.
Comment on this bomb*ss story!