Say You Like Me

Growing Friendships

I quickly patted down my floral skirt and contemplated going back inside, I still had time to forget my plan of action and just go read. But I knew this would have to happen soon enough and I rather just get it over with now.

I took a deep breath, let it out and walked from my spot behind the large stone column. I found Draco in the same place I spotted him from my bedroom window, in a patch of grass, with his usual attire of a black pant, and a plain white dress shirt, sleeves rolled up to his forearms. It reminded me so much of his daily look back at Hogwarts. I guess he was simple in that way.

I took long steps towards him and by the time I reached him I noticed he was reading something. I wasn't sure if he had heard my footsteps or not, since he hadn't bothered looking at me coming. I was standing a few feet behind him when I faked a cough to catch his attention.

He turned around and saw me, "Yes?"

"I was wondering if I could join you?" I asked him, hoping to God that he wouldn't reject me.

"Sure take a seat if you'd like." He nodded to the grassy spot next to him. I let a deep breath go, quietly, and sat down beside him.

After a few seconds of just staring ahead of us, I realized I should have brought a book, or something to entertain me, since Draco surely wasn't going to talk to me.

The deep green grass seemed like a sea that engulfed all the sunflowers and daisies surrounding us. A little pond was placed close by and I could barely hear the frogs and birds chirping. The afternoon sun gave everything a golden glow and made me warm. God, why didn't I bring a book?

"So what is this about?" Draco asked suddenly.

"What is what about" I asked innocently. I wondered if his mother had talked to him. Did he know I was here forced, not exactly by my own means.

"You, being here. Instead of locking out the world in your room." He bluntly said. I wasn't usually blocking out the world..was I?

"Oh, I- I just felt a little too crowded in there. You know, needed some fresh air and I spotted you here, and I felt you needed some company." I quickly made up.

"Crowded?" He asked suspiciously, "In there. In the mansion" He exaggerated 'mansion', "With only three people in it, including you."

"Well, don't forget the house elves." I laughed awkwardly, and luckily he took this as a queue to join in and chuckled lightly.

"Obviously, those house elves always manage to make me feel over crowded as well." He joked.

"Don't mock me Malfoy," I acted insulted, "You know it's the damn truth."

Draco laughed and I did as well. Were we having a moment? Had we broken a mold that kept us apart? Was this marriage going to work out? Was I going mad for believing that one single moment of acceptance meant that we would live in happiness. I bet I was.

I was going to ask Draco more questions, like what he did in his free time, or if he knew anything about archery, fencing, or advanced potions, but a house elf appeared in front of us and told us that Draco's parents were waiting for us to start dinner and then just as quickly disappeared.

Draco got up, patted the grass off of his pants, and held his hand out for me. His touch felt new, and warm. Just like when he saved me from making a fool of myself at our banquet. After he helped me up, he held his hand out in front of him and simply said, "After you ma-lady."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, eh? Took long for this huh?
Either way, comment away!

Outfit.