Say You Like Me

Trouble

The whole kiss incident was forgotten, or at least by Draco it had been. Because the next day while I had been walking to my classes he pulled me, roughly I might add, aside. The bags under his eyes seemed even darker, and his hands kept fidgeting.

What's wrong? I whispered, lightly touching his arm. It stopped his hands for a little bit but they quickly went back to their previous state.

I can't. Alright. Forget about last night. Don't bother talking to me, Alright. His words were quick but they seemed to repeat themselves for weeks on end after that. He quickly left me alone in the hidden corner, and that was the last of our little 'friendship'. It hurt for a while, yes. But with everything else that had been going on, it'd seem almost shallow to cry about our almost relationship. So I got over it. But in a small crevice of my brain I remembered that I'd be marrying him in a matter of a few years.

- - -

Meeting Draco out on the grassy patch had become somewhat of a daily thing. Everyday a couple of hours before dinner, when the sun was close to setting, I'd find myself looking out the large windows that the stairs overlooked, and feel a bit of happiness to see his platinum hair shining in the sun. Today was no different. I sat next to him, having gotten closer to him than I was a week ago, and read my romance novel. Nacrissa had many hidden within the library. I had found that I actually really enjoyed them. Wanting a fiction life over mine any day.

Something itched at the back of my throat. I battled with myself, not sure if I should even bring it up. Draco would surely reject the idea before I even finished explaining it. He'd roll his gray eyes and mumble on about how that would be a horrible idea, and I don't enjoy sand either way.

"Alright, are you going to tell me or am I going to have to deal with you all day long?" Draco asked monotonously.

"What? What am I going to tell you?" I asked, completely shocked that he always managed to know what I was feeling before I even told him. Damn my body for betraying me!

"I don't know Nora. Why don't you fill me in?" His eyes seemed sincere, so I decided to be a complete nitwit and tell him.

"Letsgotothebeach." I yelped quickly.

"What?" He looked even more confused.

"Draco," I whined, not wanting to restate it. I had an awful time accepting rejection.

"Well say it slowly, and in English and then you wouldn't have to repeat yourself, Greybass." Draco always called me by my last name when he started to judge or scold me. It always ended up in me calling him Malfoy, and our yells filling the house.

"Lets, you know, go to the beach. I happen to know this beauty at the edge of France, empty during this time of the year. I know you probably hate sand, or sea water, but I promise it's a sight to be seen." I went on, unable to stop myself from exploring every thought that came into my mind about this trip. I suppose that was the trouble with me. Being unable to stop talking when I nervous or excited.

"The beach?.." Draco mumbled to himself.

It seemed like an eternity before he finally looked back at me and said, "When would you suppose we'd go?" He gave this small, almost unseen smile, but I spotted it and I didn't even know what to do, or how to control myself.

I just lunged myself into his chest and wrapped my arms around his middle and yelled in excitement, "Any day! Whoa, I can't even fathom that you'd even want to go! I mean it's not like you seem like the anti-beach type but-"

"Shut up Nora," He groaned, "Your mouth is like a rocket."

I would have gotten offended by his comment, heck, we'd probably end up yelling insults each others way and end up sitting on opposite ends of the large table at dinner, but the smirk on his face changed my mind at the last minute.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been two months. I know, I suck, but hey, hopefully you all enjoy this update. And hopefully I stay inspired to keep writing. Because to be honest, I already have the ending written, I just need to keep up with the middle.