How My Sister Became a Werewolf and How I'm Dating the Alpha

Chapter 21

Audric's Point of View

"Die? Julie could die?" I was shocked... could I risk her life so that she could be a human again? Would she even want to?

"Yeah. Abe said there was only a 2% chance of the vampire surviving... I thought since she's survived all this, she could survive that..." Jenna looked hopeful. Just about as hopeful as I was. "Do you think that she would want to do that?"

"Dunno..." I hope that Julie was as depressed as I am about the situation... "Why don't we go ask her?"

"She attacked me when I went to go thank her for rescuing me..."

"Oh..." My eyes were downcast. "Maybe we could just surprise her. We could lure her outside so your parents won't hear and surprise her. We would just have to find a human then..."

-----------

Julie's Point of View

Stupid humans with their loud lives.

Stupid Audric who I feel guilty about not liking anymore.

Stupid Abe for turning me into a vampire.

Stupid Jenna for causing all of this.

Stupid life.

Ugh! I fall back against my bed and its torn sheets. For some reason, I got mad and tore up my entire room. My bed was practically torn in two, my pillows shredded with cotton everywhere, my curtains were no more, and my rug was torn up on the edges. The only thing left standing was my door. The only thing blocking this whole mess from my parents.

I feel guilty. Guilty about Audric. Guilty about being a vampire. Guilty about killing animals. Guilty about my whole life.

I look out the window. It's dark. Around 9:15. Clouds cover the moon and it's a chilly 42 degrees outside. Rain sprinkles my window. I groan and roll over and pull what’s left of the blankets over my head.

"Julie?" Mom's voice drifts through the door.

"Go away!" I chunk the first thing my hand feels towards the door. I hear her footsteps fade away. Thunder booms in the distance.

Abe had warned me that this stage would come. It always happens with vampires who try to stay with humans. We get testy. Destroy everything. Normally, they end up killing or destroying everything they love. Why wait till my temper breaks and I attack my parents? Why not just give up myself right now? I should just go to Abe. Abe knows everything. Abe can make me feel better... There is just one thing stopping me.

Audric.

I miss him so. Even through all this rage, I've managed to keep one photo from being shredded. The photo is of me and him. I think Ana took it. Not sure. I can't remember. My human life is just a blur. A red blur.

I lurch up out of bed and open the window. Rain splashes on my face as I inhale the sweet, cool outside air. I tense. Werewolf. I hiss and leap out the window. I land on the ground in a heap, but I'm up in a split second.

----------

Audric's Point of View.

I'm hiding in the bushes. Not thirty feet from her. From Julie. My Julie. She looks angry. I can see that she can smell us. Us as in me, Jenna, and a few other wolves. She's standing in a battle stance, waiting for one of us to show ourselves. I want to cry out, "Dear! Just hold on! We are trying to help you!"

She hisses and jerks forward. I tear my eyes away from her and see that Jenna has shown herself. She walks a bit closer to her and Julie takes a step back. I can see the pain that is in her face as she tries to hold back her initial instinct. She wants to strike out at her.
I hear Jenna's voice, "Julie. I want to help you..." Julie cringes and clasps her fists. Jenna walks closer to Julie. Julie takes a sharp breath and turns to her side. She has to break soon. Wind slashes at her hair and rain slaps at her face.

The same instant that the thunder booms overhead, Julie strikes out at Jenna. Jenna shrieks and claws at Julie.

---------

Julie's Point of View.

Sweet, sweet blood. Human blood. It tastes ten times better than animal... I grip Jenna so she can't break away and drink from her. So good... I feel Jenna struggling and neither though her werewolf scent is almost overpowering, I don't let her go. She's saying something... Stop I think... I feel the life draining out of her...

--------

Audric's Point of View.

How long does it take to almost kill a human? Does Jenna even count as a human? I think she does... I hope she does... All these doubts... Oh Julie. I hope this is right. I hope you both survive... Lightning strikes and thunder rumbles. I must wait. Wait till the last possible moment...

-------

Julie's Point of View.

Julie is dying. I know she is. I feel the strength of her arms ebbing and coming into me. I feel powerful. I know that I have drunk from her too much... I should stop, but... I just can't. She is saying something again, it’s barely audible... Stop. Stop now... Why is she saying stop? Maybe I should listen... I tear my teeth from her neck and look into her eyes. Lightning shoots overhead and I see the light fading from her eyes. I let go of her and she drops to the ground limp. I watch her lay there, dying.

I start to feel weak, the strength flowing out of me. This must be what it feels like to be 'expelled from the vampire world'. My legs collapse and I drop next to Jenna. I squint open my eyes and I see someone crouched over Jenna, pouring something through her lips... I inhale. A strengthening tonic...

Strong arms wrap around me. I feel so weak. "Audric..." I whisper and I put my hand against his cheek. His trusting face is hovering over mine. My hand goes limp and my eyelids crash down. The last thing I remember is Audric's eyes, looking into mine. I smile, peace at last.
I slip into the ever-forgiving darkness.