Status: Writing!

Landslide

Changes

"Mom, that's the last box!" Christine smiled as she unpacked the very last box in the whole house and stacked the dishes into the cabinet.
"Thank you Chrissy. Without your father here and him stuck in the office all day, I figured it was going to be hard but you really helped me today. How about you go check out what Lima is about." her mother, Debra, smiled at her 16 year old daughter. How much of a help she had been during this whole move.
"I'm pretty sure the name Lima is about as exciting as it gets." Christine rolled her eyes, smiling.
"Well, check out the local mall or something. You start school in a month, maybe you can meet some new kids, get ahead so you're not lacking in the friend department when school starts."
Christine walked upstairs to her room and took off the t shirt with splashed paint on it, threw on a black tank top, brushed some lint off of her black skinny jeans, and slid on her black converse. It was hot out, but that wasn't stopping her from wearing all black. She grabbed her car keys, purse, and put on her blue ray bans.

When she got to the Lima mall, she was surprised she had a decent parking spot. Lima was a small town, but for small, there were quite a few people there. She locked her car, a habit of hers, even if she was inside for a short amount of time. She clutched her purse strap and headed for the door. A tall, blond boy was coming down the sidewalk towards the door. He looked up and smiled at her.
"I can get the door for you." he chimed, pulling it open for her.
"Thank you." she smiled quietly, pulling her sunglasses off and stuffing them in her purse. Her blue eyes shined in the last bit of sunlight before she stepped inside, the blond boy behind her.
As she made her way up to the "you are here" map, he tapped her shoulder. She swung around.
"I don't believe I've seen you around Lima before." he smiled.
He had perfect teeth, beautiful blond hair, he was about 6 feet tall, and his green eyes smiled at her.
"I'm new. Just moved here from Columbus," she stuck out her hand, "I'm Christine."
"Sam. It's nice to meet you Christine. Are you going to McKinley next month?" he asked, still smiling.
"Yes, I am actually. I'm excited. Do they have any good programs I could join?" she smiled back.
"I don't know, it's my first year here too. I moved here from Kentucky." he laughed, running his hands through his thick blond hair.
"Well, maybe we can be friends Sam."
"Maybe we can." he leaned against the map, his arm above her head.
He pulled out his phone from his pocket and opened a new contact slot. "Put your number in." He handed her his phone.
She's never done this. She always stayed away from boys, but something about Sam pulled her in instantly. She was hooked. When she was done, she handed him his phone back.
"Guess I'll see you around Christine." he winked, taking off for the escalator.
Christine had a successful day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the writing is a little weird, whenever I write, the first few chapters are weirdly put together until things start to fall into place and things just flow from my fingers.
Give me input? It would mean a lot to me!
Thank you for reading.