Status: Writing!

Landslide

Under Pressure

"Christine Hope, come to the auditorium." Principal Figgens said over the PA system.
The final bell of the day had rung, and Christine stood by her locker with Sam, confused. Then it hit her.
"Auditions!" she squealed.
"Can I watch you?" Sam asked, making a puppy dog face.
"I'm really nervous. I don't know who's going to be there, or if I'm going to be accepted." she spat out, making her way to the auditorium, Sam close behind her.
"You'll do fine. What are you going to sing?" he asked, grabbing her hand as they stopped in front of the doors of the auditorium, nervousness filling her body like a tidal wave.
"Under Pressure by Queen/David Bowie." she wiped her sweaty hands on her pants and entered the room, 12 faces smiling at her.
"Hi Christine!" Kurt smiled, running up to her and pulling her to the stage.
"Told you she had nice shoes!" Kurt whispered to a girl with long brown hair and big brown eyes, who rolled her eyes.
"Alright, everyone this is Christine." Kurt stopped in front of everyone.
They went down the line saying their names, Christine shaking everyone's hand, even though some of the girls seemed less than excited that she was there. One in particular, Santana, held out a finger for her to shake, rolling her eyes in the back of her head, chomping on gum and appearing bored. Christine ignored the rude gestures and shook her finger, surprising Santana.
"And I'm Mr. Schuester. What are you going to sing for us today?" he stuck out his hand.
Christine shook it and cleared her throat.
"Under Pressure by David Bowie and Queen." she said quietly.
"Wonderful song!" Mr. Schuester smiled and pointed to the stage.
"You want me to sing up there?" she gulped down a lump in her throat. Her knees were borderline shaking, and her heart sped up.
"Yes, up there." Rachel spat.
"Okay, sorry." Christine handed Sam her bag, who gave her a thumbs up, got up on stage and grabbed the mic.
The band started playing the song and she was off. Despite her nervousness, she hit every single note perfectly. When she finished, the lights went back up and everyone's mouths were opened wide, gazing at her.
"Was it that bad?" she half laughed, scratching the back of her head.
"That was amazing!" Mr. Schuester smiled, clapping.
The whole club gave her a standing ovation except for Rachel, the girl who had rolled her eyes at her when Kurt commented about her shoes again. She sat there with her arms crossed.
"You're in!" Mr. Schuester smiled, waving for her to come down.
"Mr. Shue, I don't think we should be making any rash decisions, I mean, the club needs to make this choice together." Rachel stood up, walking towards the front of the group.
"Don't you all want your opinion heard?" she crossed her arms in front of everyone, her back to Christine.
"Look Berry, I don't like her weird owl necklace, I hate birds, and her boyfriend has a huge mouth, I mean he could swallow this club whole, but I think we did make our choice. Christine, you're good." Santana smiled.
The girl who had been so rude to her was actually standing up for her, kind of.
"His name is Sam." Christine smiled.
"Welcome to the New Directions, Christine!" Finn, a tall football player, waved her down.
"Glee Club is first hour, so you'll have to give up study hall." Mr. Schuester said, handing her a new schedule.
♠ ♠ ♠
We finally get to meet the New Directions!
Feedback is greatly appreciated and fuels my inspiration!
What do you want to happen next?
Creative opinions are welcome!