She Was Different

Cruelly Interrupted

She sighed as the drunken teens around her seem to get up and dance to the slower song that was playing. Most of them slow grinding on each other, which wasn’t pleasing to the eye, other actually seemed to be looking at each other slow dancing much like the dances, though you couldn’t tell whether it was the alcohol or if they were actually in love, as they gazed into the their partners eyes. She took a drink of her water, still trying to wash out the lingering taste of the vodka that Max had talked her into.

“Care to dance Lottie” Maxwell smirked standing in front of her.

“I…I don’t” but before she could answer he was already pulling her near the other couples. His breath smelled strongly of whisky, though he seemed to be holding his alcohol well, for as much as he had taken in. He held her close to him, his hands placed gently on her hips.

“See this isn’t so bad” he smiled “Can you believe were finally seniors” he chuckled.

“Yeah, it’s pretty crazy” she giggled, not minding dancing with him, Max seeming to behave for the most part.

“Where you heading to after graduation?” he asked, genuinely interested, which seemed to surprise Kyra for the most part.

“Whatever I can afford” she sighed “Ideally I want to go to the Art Institute in San Francisco”

“Sweet…I think…”

“Hey Max, Kimberly’s looking for you, says you promised her something” Austin smirked interrupting their dance.

“Damn, I’m getting me some of that ass tonight…forgot she was coming” he smirked, looking to Kyra “Mind if I bell?” his silver eyes begging.
“Got get her” Kyra smiled to him. Max winked kissing her cheek quickly before running off towards the house.

Kyra sighed realizing that if Kimberly was here it meant Breanna followed. She blinked up at Austin realizing he was feeling Max’s position. She didn’t stop him from pulling her closer than her and Max had been, she took in his scent, it was different then she would have expected. Not like every other guy with their Aux and tag cologne fetishes. It was refreshing and different, the soft smell of vanilla and pine, yet there seemed to be a hint of cinnamon. She laid her head on his chest gently, she was surprised at her own action, but he didn’t seem to be. He simply wrapped his arms around her holding her tightly to him yet still gently. She glanced up at him surprised to see his chocolate eyes were already lost in her green ones. He leaned down; seeming to forget that there were others around them, some even watching them intently, but he didn’t seem to care. His forehead lead against hers, a loving gesture that if you didn’t know any better, if you didn’t know Austin or Kyra you’d think they had been dating for years. You wouldn’t suspect she was the friendless, bullied, loner and that he was the popular, rich, football star.

He slowly placed his hand behind her neck as he moved his lips towards. Not at all worried about what others would think or say. His lips faintly brushing her, and for a moment she felt the heat rise from her neck to her cheeks, butterflies fluttered violently in her stomach and, where their lips had brushed-for only the simple second- caused her whole body to shiver. Yet, this moment was cruelly interrupted, and the couples moment of bliss turned into a harsh joke played by Breanna. Kyra closed her eyes as she stood frozen. She was soaked from head to toe, Breanna having gotten a few other along with herself to dump pitchers of beer onto the unsuspecting Kyra. Austin didn’t bother letting go of Kyra simply continuing to hold her to him, though more protectively now.

“What the fucks your problem” He frowned glaring at the girl.

“Poor little Kyra…she needs to learn her place and where she stands amongst us rich kids” she smirked “I mean after all she is one of the only kids at Garden prep who’s poor” she said looking up at Austin “Please refrain from bringing trash to your parties, I’m only looking out for my cousin” she hissed.

“The only Trash I see here is you Bre. I thought I told you not to come” he said closing in on her face.

“Auntie invited my…she said she wanted me to make sure you didn’t get into any trouble” she smirked before walking away.

By the time Austin was able to look at Kyra, she had managed to slip out of his grip, as she was walking towards the house, embarrassed but not one to say anything.

“Kyra!” he called after her, cutting through people as he tried to catch up to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter inspired by: Maroon 5-She Will Be Loved

Sorry for Errors <3

Comment Rate Subscribe