Status: Done.

I Promise This Place Is Much Better.

One of One.

The clock on the wall read 1:47 a.m. I sighed, deep down I knew where he was and what he was doing, but something in my heart wouldn't let me believe it. Getting up off the couch and slowly walking to the stairs, hoping and praying that he's going to walk through that front door and take me far away from here. As I reached the top of the stairs I glanced behind me before making my way to what used to be "our" bedroom, he's never home to call it his anymore. After changing and crawling into bed I shut the lamp off and slowly drifted into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning came all too quickly, I opened my eyes to see him laying next to me. His tattoo covered arm wrapped around my waist, I was about to get up when his grip tightened around me, he kissed my neck, "Good morning Ashlyn." I smiled, "Morning Matt." He smiled against my neck before nipping at it, "How was your night?" I bit my lip to hold back a moan, "I-it was o-ok.." He looked me in the eyes, "Why was it only ok?" I sighed and looked down, "Matt, I hate when you leave because I know where you go and what you do..." The look in his eyes changed quickly, it went from caring to something along the lines of anger and frustration, "You do not know shit about what I do when I go away and don't even think about trying to say you do Ashlyn." I looked down and nodded slowly and whispered, "Ok Matt." He pulled me close and kissed me roughly, "I love you Ash." I faked a smile and looked at him, "I love you too."
He smiled and got out of the bed and walked out of the room. I sighed and lay back down on the bed, why can't things go back to normal or at least how they were before he turned into such an ass. My phone went off, I grabbed it and looked to see a text from Jimmy, it said, Ash, how are you? We need to hangout soon. Miss ya chica I sent a text back telling him that we can hangout again as soon as Matt lets me go anywhere, I never got a reply. I sighed and buried my face into the pillow, this was truly the worst way to live. I fell so in love with Matt when he was so sweet and caring, after all these months he's turned into an evil, cruel, psychotic person.

Later that night Matt walked into the room, "Do you want to go hangout with Jimmy?" I looked up at him, "Really?" He nodded, "Jimmy asked if you could go to the movies with him because no one else will go with him." I smiled, "Mattie? Can I please go? Please? Please?" He smiled and kissed my forehead, "Go ahead, Jimmy's downstairs." I smiled and jumped up and ran downstairs and into Jimmy's arms, he picked me up and spun me around, "I missed you!" I laughed, he put me down, "You ready to go see the scariest movie ever?" I nodded, Matt looked at him, "Don't keep her out too late." Jimmy smiled, "I won't, but I won't have her home too early though either." He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside to his car and drove to the movie theater.

We were at the theater and in our seats when Jimmy looked at me, "Why do you let Matt treat you like that? You deserve better..." I shrugged, "I fell in love with Matt and then M. Shadows got involved and it ruined our relationship." When the movie started, there was a lot of gory murdering happening, I buried my face in Jimmy's shoulder, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. After the movie , on the way home Jimmy sighed, "Ash...he's going to snap.." I looked at him, confused, "What do you mean?" He glanced over at me and took my hand, "Ash, just listen to me ok? When we get back to the house tonight, he's going to snap...I know him and I have known him for the longest time...he doesn't like it when other men interfere with his property, that's what he thinks of you as.."

Jimmy walked me to the front door, he bent down so he was eye level with me, leaned in and kissed me, when he pulled away he smiled and gently brushed my cheek with his hand, "I want you to know this now Ash...no matter what happens with Matt, I love you Ashlyn, I always have and nothing will ever change that." I smiled up at him, "Honestly, I love you too Jimmy and I wo-," before I could finish the sentence I was jerked inside the house, before I knew what was happening Matt had me pinned against the wall, "Why did you let him kiss you? And why the hell did you tell him you love him?! Ashlyn I thought you loved me!?" He raised his fist to me, "Jimmy! Help me! help! I need you Jimmy! Help!" There were now tears streaming down my face as I waited for the impact of Matt's fist to my face, it never came, I was dropped the to floor and opened my eyes to see Jimmy pinning Matt to the ground. "You think you can do that to her Matt! What the hell is wrong with you?" I heard Jimmy screaming at Matt, that was all I heard before everything around me went black.

*At The Hospital*
I woke up and slowly looked around the room, it was empty, I had no idea what was going on...that's when my thoughts drifted to Jimmy, was he alright? How badly did Matt hurt him? That's when the door to my room opened and I looked over to see Jimmy walking in, slowly he walked over to me, he sat down on the bed next to me. He held out his hand, it was bandaged and he looked as though Matt had beat the living hell out of him, "Ash, come on...it's time for us to go.." I hesitantly took his hand, "Jimmy? Where are we going?" He smiled at me, "I promise..this place is much better than where you've been all this time..." We walked down the hall, I stopped and looked down to the waiting room, I watched as a doctor was speaking to my big brother, Zackary Baker, there standing next to him were Brian Haner, and Johnny Seward. The doctor sighed, I could hear every word, "Mr. Baker, we regret to inform you that your sister, Ashlyn..she has slipped from her coma...we were forced to pull the plug.." I seen a look of anger flash on Zack's face, "You're fucking kidding me! She was a coma for almost two months! Yo-," Brian cut him off, "Zack, she's in a better place and not to mention she's with Jimmy now...we all know that she loved Jimmy more than she could ever love Matt, it was obvious, those two always loved each other.."

I looked at Jimmy, "A-are we re-really.." he finished the sentence for me, "Dead? Ashlyn, unfortunately we are. I've been dead for two months, just watching over you and waiting for something to happen and then when your heart rate started to go, I wanted to be by your side. Ashlyn I love you so much and even though we're in our afterlife, I feel like this is our fresh start and we can be together...foREVer."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please?