Sequel: Redesign Me
Status: in progress

Remains of My Wasted Youth

Fun, Fun, Fun

Later on I start to do my hair. I decide to straighten it then curl it so there are bigger wringlets. I change into a top and shorts. I tuck the top in the shorts. I get a necklace and slip it over my neck. I then put a few bracelets on. I slip on a pair of pumps and pick out a beige cardigan. I pack everything into another bag. I walk out and Melissa is waiting for me. The band sent a car for us so we could drink. Me and Melissa slip into it and head off to the concert. When we got there Jack was already tipsy. He shouted at us and hugged Melissa tightly. Alex walked over and he looked amazing, as usual. I tried to show I couldn’t tell. Alex gave us our passes. He told us we had to go meet the others. He dragged us to another room where Rian and Zack are sitting.
“Oi, Gaylords. This is Maddy and Melissa. The ones I told you about” Alex says as we walk in. Jack is trailing behind Melissa holding her hand. He was going to be drunk soon. You could tell.
“Nice to meet you” Zack and Rian say together
“Nice to meet you too” Me and Melissa say in unison. We all start to laugh. Alex stands next to me.
“We’ve heard a lot about you two. Jack and Alex can’t stop talking about you” Rian explained.
“Thanks Rian. Embarrass us it’s fine” Alex says. It reminded me of when he called me cute in the store.
“It wasn’t embarrassing. It was cute” I laugh.
“That’s funny. Very funny Maddy” He laughs at me
“Alex, Maddy. Stop being cute for one second please? We need to get on stage soon” Zack says as he slips a top on.
“Does that mean I have to leave Melissa?” Jack starts whining
“looks like you haven’t let go of her since I saw you in the pool at Alex’s, surprised you aren’t down each other’s throats right now!” Rian said whilst leaving, I bit down on my lip.
“I’ll be there, in the crowd. Front row or balcony or whatever. Plus, won’t you have a break in between?” Melissa asks. Take it we’re standing in the crowd. I wanted to anyway.
“Yeah, after half an hour. And thanks. Moral support and that for me” He starts to smile.
“Come back here at the break okay? You have the passes” Alex says. He hugs me as he walks out. Zack and Rian shake mine and Melissa’s hand and walk past us. Jack hugs Melissa. He then walks out. We go take out place at the front in the balcony. No one was actually standing up there apart from a few of their tour managers, lighting and stuff like that. I knew a few of them but not all of them. We lean against the side. The crew says hi and stuff to be nice. The band comes on. They all look to see where we are. Me and Melissa wave. You can tell they spotted us.
“Excited?” Melissa asks me
“Defiantly” I smile and nod. They start the set. I sang through all the song. They looked up every now and again to make sure we was okay. Melissa always looked at me funny and tried to learn a few words as she didn’t know any songs. I laughed at her and hugged her a few times. They made their jokes as usual. We laughed and soon, luckily enough it was the set break. Security let us through to get to the back rooms and the band sat around talking, laughing and of course sweating. They opened a few beers and were drinking. Melissa and Jack exchange a few words no one heard and they then walked out the room. All the boys were sat drinking and I was stood like a lemon because Melissa left my side. I made sure my top was still tucked in.
“Come sit down. We don’t bite. Not sure about Alex” Rian laughs
“Haha. So funny Rian. Come sit” Alex patted to his lap and smiled
“If you insist” I laugh as I make my way over to Alex and the other boys. I sit on Alex’s lap and he places his hand around my waist to keep me balanced.
“Where did Melissa and Jack go?” Zack asked.
“I don’t really know. She just sort of left me there” I say as I look at Zack
“Cause they are normal” Zack laughs. I nod. He gets up to get a beer. “You want one, Maddy?” Zack asks. I nod again.
“If you wouldn’t mind” I say as politely as possible.
“It’s cool” He opens it for me then passes it.
“Thanks”
“Your welcome” He sits back next to Rian.
“How long are you even on a break for?” I ask as Alex tightens his grip
“About 10-15 minutes” It’s already been at least 5 minutes. I look at my clock on my phone.
“Jack better be ready to go on you know. If he is lagging then I will throw water at him again” Zack says and Rian starts to laugh
“Dude, he’s found a girl he likes. Let him be” Alex says to them. I look at Alex. I get closer to him so I can whisper.
“He likes her?” I say in his ear. Zack and Rian weren’t paying attention to us.
“Yeah. He does. A lot” Alex whispers back. I nod. At least Melissa knew where she stood with Jack. I didn’t know if I was coming or going with Alex. Sure, we were friends and we have kissed a few times in the past days but we were only friends. The kiss was a spur of the moment. I had no idea as to what Alex felt for me. I knew how I felt about him though. I liked him, A lot. I tried not to show I was a little upset with how I saw this situation. I mean, Alex probably likes another girl or something. His ex that he was with for ages. The girls he goes on tour with. I still saw myself as a fan and I thought he still saw me like that as well. Most girls would jump off the boy’s laptop. I liked his grip. He had a hold on me not just physically but mentally. I needed to go back to reality and stop thinking about what would be or how he feels. I need to focus on what’s happening now. If anything happens in the future, great. The only thing that was going to hurt was the fact that I still had these feelings for him. I’m sure I could easily get over them if I wanted to, though.
“Bless them” I say as I sit back up. Alex was still looking at me. Those eyes. I had to shake it off. I was trying to aim too high and needed to realise we were friends.
“I have to go. I’ll see you after the set” Alex says as he kisses my cheek. I nod at him and say bye to the boys. I waited for Melissa on the side. She linked arms with me and we went back to our normal space. The rest of the band left Alex on stage. He picked up his acoustic guitar. He started singing. It was lullabies. It was about his brother. Jack came up behind Melissa and leaned on her. She still kept her grip on me. After the concert the club then changed and was suddenly alive with club music and free drinks. I made Melissa dance with me. We got home so late. I think it was about 3. Melissa crashed onto the sofa. I wasn’t going to wake her up. The next morning I woke up about 12ish in the morning. I decided to go on tumblr and check what other stuff they have on us. There was then a picture of Jack kissing someone. MELISSA! It was Melissa. I was shocked but happy for her at the same time. I walk out and I shake Melissa to wake her up.
“Melissa. Don’t get mad but look at these” I show her the pictures. She starts laughing at the comments.
“Are you official then?” I ask
“I dunno he said he wants to speak about it” I nod at her. She looks at her phone and Jack text her. She invited him around for our PJ day. She also invited Alex. Seems like it is going to be a good day. I smile and finish making breakfast. Melissa walks out of the living room to go get ready. He phone begins to ring 5 minutes later. It was Jack. I decided to answer it. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.
“Hello” I say quickly
“Melissa…”
“Ah, It’s not Melissa. It’s Maddy. She’s just getting changed” I try to explain
“Oh, that’s cool. We’re gonna be there in 5”
“Alrighty” I say
“Bye” Jack says
“Bye” I say and then cut off the call. I set the popcorn onto the table and put blankets out and set up some pillows onto the sofa. Melissa comes out changed into pyjamas.
“Jack called. They’ll be about 5” She nods at me. As I say it there was a knock at the door. Jack come in and went right to Melissa. I understood they had a lot to talk about. Alex walks in behind Jack holding bags of food and drink. I smile and help him with the bags. He was wearing a pair of shorts and a baggy vest top. It was actually a top that was cut into a vest top kind of them. Glamour kills, of course.
“Thanks for these” I say this as I put the bags down.
“Your welcome” He says as he walks over to me. I start unpacking the bags and putting them onto the kitchen bar. He picks up a bag and starts to help.
“You don’t have to help unpack you know?” I say to him
“I want to. Has Melissa seen what is going around on the internet?”
“About her and Jack?”
“Yeah”
“She saw it this morning. I went on my tumblr and there was loads of pictures of it” I wanted to mention the ones about me and Alex. I didn’t know if he had saw them aswell.
“Have you seen the ones of me… and you?” I nod at him. “You look good in pictures” I start to laugh.
“Alright Mr Charm” He wraps his arm around me and hugs me from behind. He kisses my cheek. I turn around in his grip to face his face. I looked at his lips then look to his eyes. If I looked at his lips for too long then I would have to kiss them. We go at sit down on the floor. I sit next to Alex. Jack and Melissa come in. After an argument of what film to watch I put Home Alone into the DVD player. We watch it and then it finishes. Jack and Alex get up to get more food. I sit on the sofa next to Melissa.
“So are you…”
“We’re official” I let out a squeal. The boys come back. Jack sits on the floor and Melissa sits on his lap. Alex gets in between my legs and gets comfortable. I wrap my arms around him. Melissa puts twilight on. I was so happy for Melissa. She got an amazing guy she liked a lot. I looked to Alex and I wanted so badly for him to like me as much as I liked him. I loved spending time with him. I started to play with his hair. Jack and Melissa were really watching the movie. I wasn’t paying attention and neither was Alex. They couldn’t hear us. He looked at. His eyes. He gets nearer to whisper to me.
“Kiss me Maddison” He says softly
“Alex…” I whisper back. Melissa and Jack were right up close to the TV and couldn’t hear us let alone see us.
“I want you to kiss me”
“I want to kiss you too” I say as he gets even closer.
“Then why don’t you?”
“I’m scared”
“Of what?”
“You not wanting me. Me wanting you more than you want me. You not even seeing me in that way. My head is spinning just by thinking of the feelings I have for you” Well. He deserved to know how I felt.
“Maddison, I’ve been thinking the same thing. You changed my life since you have walked into it. Just live for this moment. Do what makes you happy” He says as he wraps his arms around my waist.
“Alex, if I kiss you. Promise me you won’t hurt me”
“I promise. The last thing I would want to do is hurt the most perfect girl. Maddy, I really like you”
“I really like you too” I wrap my arms around his neck. He kisses my lips. He started slow and then our kiss was passionate. He ends the kiss to quickly look at me
“Be with me. Be my girlfriend Maddison” He looks at me. I start to smile
“I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to ask” He kisses me again. I was with him. Alex Gaskarth. I was dating my band crush. It was too hard to believe but I was. I was Alex Gaskarth’s girlfriend.