Sequel: Redesign Me
Status: in progress

Remains of My Wasted Youth

0024

After Cassadee agreed to let us pay for some of the flight, as well with the sky miles we were booked packed and ready to hit japan to see our boys.
We’d finally arrived in japan and the guys still had no idea we were even here, me, Cassadee and maddy had managed to keep coming here a secret from the boys, we had managed to book the same hotel and I’d managed to get us there on time, we planned on surprising them after their set which I felt like was a good idea.
We waited until we knew the boys were waiting behind the curtain before we went backstage, we’d texted every crew member telling them that we were coming, even Rian knew but he agreed not to tell them, I still hadn’t spoken to Alex about the argument we had, jack had told me that he’d been acting even more weird since they got to japan, I hadn’t told maddy this, she didn’t need to know.
We all said our hellos to the crew, and went and sat by matt who was sitting in the side, the boys weren’t coming off stage at all tonight, so they wouldn’t see us, I watched as jack played getting even more excited to see his face when he saw us. I spotted Tay from we are the in crowd and I went over to say my hellos, we’d met before so it was nice to see her again.
After I’d said my hellos to her I went back to the girls, matt told us this was their last song and they’d be off stage, the excitement started to build up inside of me, I wanted to be wrapped in jack’s arms, the guys said their thank you and throw the reaming picks and drumsticks they had left into the crowd, the boys started to come our way expect for Alex who turned the other way, me and the girls hid behind matt. Rian was the first to walk past us and stopped straight away, Cassadee hugged him and he starting asking loads of questions to her, jack looked over at me and maddy and I ran over and hugged him, he pulled me into the air making me giggle. I looked over a maddy, jack put me down and we all turned around nothing could have prepared me for what is saw next. The tears fell down maddy’s cheek pretty quickly, I didn’t know what to say.
All the fans had now left, so I ran over to the other side of the stage, jack went to grab me to stop me but missed me, I weaved around the crew until I got to Alex, I slapped him hard around his cheek, I didn’t care if he was maddy’s boyfriend or Jack’s best friend. Nobody cheats on my maddy.
‘ I can’t fuck believe you Alex!’ I shouted at him he was completely silent, jack soon came to my side, and looked at Alex’s red raw cheek.
‘You think you’re so fucking funny do you?’ maddy had now joined me, she was pulling onto my jacket.
‘Shut the fuck up.’ Alex shouted back at me, jack looked over at me.
‘You’re the biggest cunt I know, I can’t believe I ever met you.’ I shouted to him.
‘You’re such a whore you know that?’ Alex shouted at me and I slap him again, then left with maddy. Maddy was crying , we head straight towards the bathroom, jack followed me, and stopped just outside the door once we’d entered, I’d seen him for 10 minutes and I didn’t know what to do, either to speak to him or maddy.
“Melissa, why was I so fucking stupid?!” maddy was still crying the makeup pouring down her cheeks.
“You weren’t stupid” I told her.
“When he got back, w-we were gonna” she lost it, and I hugged her again.
“Gonna what Maddison?” I asked maddy, don’t tell me she was going to?
“I was going to sleep with him, when he got back. We planned it. He was going to take me out to dinner and we would go back to his and...Oh god” fuck, I can’t believe that.
“Well, you better think yourself lucky you found out now” I told her I’m glad she didn’t.
“I gave everything I could to get him to stay before then. I seriously thought he was the... well, the one. He was my first love and don’t they say first loves always stay with you?” well this wasn’t true mine didn’t.
“That’s true. Maddison, I know it sounds so stupid but you have to get over him. You're gonna see him around the town and it’s not gonna be good if you're in love with this dude that has broken your heart”
“That’s because I do love him. He’s been funny from day one and he’s been agitated for the past couple of days. I thought he was just losing interest in me... which is why I planned for when he came home”
“You don’t have to explain yourself Maddy, he hurt you. You're allowed to want to kill him. You're allowed to feel pain”
“Go to him. I can sort myself out” maddy tells me, I turn to see jack standing there.
“Are you sure?”
“Of course I’m sure, just go to him” I tell her and hug her, then go to see jack he pulls me into his arms and starts kissing me.
‘Fuck I’ve missed you.’ I tell him, I did but I was still worried about Alex and maddy.
‘I’ve missed you more than you’ll ever know.’ Jack tells me and lifts me up, I wrap my legs around his waist.
‘What we going to do about, maddy and Alex?’ he asked me, and I get down.
‘I don’t know. I leave here in less than an hour.’ I tell him.
‘Don’t please.’
‘Jack.’
‘Don’t leave me, please I want you to stay more than you’re ever going to know.’ Jack told me, I felt so sorry for him , I’d just slapped and said some of the worst things ever to his best friend and I was about to leave him.
‘Jack after everything that’s just happened I don’t think Alex would want to stay in the same country as me let alone room.’ I told jack, I wanted to stay I did. But I needed to be with maddy I think.
‘I don’t think Alex as got his head screwed on right at the moment.’ Jack told me, I could feel how badly he wanted me to stay.
‘By the time I’m home you’ll be on a plane home.’ I told jack. He nodded, I kissed him gently, knowing I wanted more.
‘I’ve got to find maddy, I’ve got to leave you.’ I told jack, he nodded. I watched him as he forced a smile.
‘But I’m going to say sorry to Alex first okay?’ I told him and he nodded. I wrapped my fingers into his, and led me to Alex who was sitting on a chair in the audience he’s hands in his head. He looked up when I walked in and sighed, I left my grip from jack and sat on the chair next to him.
‘Alex, I’m sorry but I thought that was the right thing to do at the time, maddy is the only person who’s always been there for me and I didn’t want to lose her. Maddy does love you, you’re her first love. She needs you Alex just like you need her.’ I told him and he looked up at me, he placed his hand onto my knee.
‘I don’t know what to do, I like her I really do.’ Alex told me.
‘Do what you think right.’ I told him and I gave him a hug, I felt really emotionally at that point, I didn’t think that Alex Gaskarth would ever let me feel like this before. I got up and jack took me to the door that was where I would have to leave him.
‘I’ll call you when I land.’ I told jack and he nodded. I felt a tear fall down my cheek, he kissed my cheek just before it hit my chin.
‘Barely any girls cry about me’ jack told me and had a little laugh at the end making me laugh as well.
‘Guess I’m one of the first.’ I told jack.
‘I love you.’ He whispered to me. Leaning his forehead against mine.
‘I love you too.’ I told him kissing him.
‘Goodbye jack.’ I told him and left him and running out the door trying not to cry.

Me and maddy didn’t and still hadn’t talk about what had happened in japan. She’d left me to get some coffee and I’d finally come to the decision about mine and jack’s relationship, I must have been completely mad, there was a knock at the door, I got up from my chair and went to the front door and answered it. It was jack, he had a rucksack on his back and a suitcase in one hand.
‘Bloody hell jack. ‘I told him and he wrapped me into a hug, I felt the lump in my throat.
‘You’re my top priority right now.’ Jack whispered into my ear, and the tears rolled down my cheek I’m such a fucking idoit.
‘I need to speak to you.’ I told him and he put me down and came into the house, I shut the door behind us as he took off his rucksack and I led him into the kitchen. He lent against the counter, was I really about to let this happen?
‘She’s not going to take him back.’ I told him, jack looked at the ground.
‘I don’t know what we’re going to do, I don’t think we can be together.’ I told him and I started to quietly sob, jack came and hugged me.
‘I don’t care what’s happened with Alex and maddy it’s you who I care about.’ Jack told me, he was right.
‘You sure?’ I asked jack and he nodded. He let me go.
‘I spoke to Alex about it, he doesn’t care I’m the one who’s in a relationship with you, I’m the person who’s fallen in love with you not him.’ jack told me.
‘God Barakat when did you get so serious?’ I asked him and the laugh creped out of both of us. I lent into the fridge and pulled out a bottle of vodka and waved it in front of jack’s face.
‘How come you’re under 21 and you still manage to have alcohol?’ he asked me.
‘Don’t ask Barakat, don’t ask.’ I told him, I was happy that jack was alright with everything that Alex had forgave me, I guess maddy could be happy if she wasn’t with Alex and if I’m happy I guess she’ll be happy.