I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me The Used

The Taste Of Ink

Bert's POV

Loud music pummeled through the air as I took a drink of my beer. I was sitting in a bar with Quinn and Jeph. My two band mates were already completely drunk, seeing we'd been there for about forty-five minutes. I was taking it easy, not drinking too much, though I couldn't figure out why. Branden was the only one who could make sense of these types of things, but of course he wasn't there. He doesn't drink, or do any type of drugs for that matter. Maybe that's why he was partially sane, more than the dorks I came here with.

A faster song came on and most of the bar' occupants moved to the center of the bar and began dancing. The song sounded slightly familiar, but I couldn't place it. Oh well.

"Come dance with me, Bert," a very drunk Quinn slurred out to me, grabbing my arm and attempting pull me away from the table, but ended up stumbling and almost falling over. I laughed and steadied him.

"Okay, I'll dance with you," I told him. He smiled and started dancing. Well, I guess you could call it dancing, but it looked more like a seizure. He looked pretty ridiculous. I hoped I didn't look like that when I was drunk.

About ten minutes, and a million "sorry's" from Quinn accidentally hitting people, later I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, signally that someone was trying to call me. I fished it out of my pocket while Quinn giggled insanely. "I'll be back in a second," I told him.

"But I don't want to dance by myself," he whined, sticking his bottom lip out at me.

I laughed at his cute expression. "Go find Jepha, he'll dance with you." I left before he could argue. I found the closest exit and stepped outside, propping the door open with my foot so it didn't shut and lock me out. "Hello?"

"Bert?" a stressed voice answered me. "It's Gerard."

"Oh, hi." What was I supposed to say? "What's up?"

I heard him take a couple of deep breaths before answering me. "C-can I talk to you? Where are you? Everyone's gone and I don't know where they've went."

"Um, I'm at a bar," I told him. "I'm pretty sure your band mates are here too, but I don't know, they might have left already." Or they might not have been there at all. I just didn't know what else to say. "What's wrong?"

"I changed my mind, I want to go hang out with you."

"Oh? What happened to being smothered by your stupid excuse for a girlfriend?" I was sure he wouldn't just cancel on her for no reason. I was determined to find out what happened.

He sighed loudly. "Don't say things like that. Where are you?"

I gave him the address and hung up. I hoped he broke up with that bitch, or she broke up with him. A horrible thing to wish for, I know, but still. She was not a nice girl. I went back in the bar to find Quinn and Jeph ordering more drinks. I told them I'd be out front, but I wasn't sure if they heard me. Oh well. I headed for the front and sat down on the bench out front. I thought the bench might have been for the bus stop, but that was irrelevent. The buses didn't run this late anyway.

A few minutes later, Gerard arrived in a taxi, which confused me for a second, but then I remembered that we didn't bring our cars on tour. Duh. Maybe I did drink a little too much. I stood up and walked over to him. "Hey."

"Hi," he replied. I couldn't tell what he was feeling because his eyes were hidden by his dark sunglasses. I wishd he wouldn't wear those.

"Sunglasses?" I laughed. "It's like midnight." Take them off.

"Actually it's 10:30." he corrected me. Whatever. "Do you want to go on a walk?"

"Sure." We walked side by side in silence. I broke the silence when we got to the first corner though. "I'm really glad you decided to come hang out," I told him. He looked at me and smiled. That's when I saw something on his face. I stopped walking. "Stop for a second." I turned him around to face me. On his cheek, right underneath his sunglasses, was a cut. I lifted my fingers and touched it, making Gerard wince slightly. The blood was still wet, so it was obviously new. "Where'd you get this?" I asked him.

He sighed. "Eliza's nail must have done it when she slapped me." I swear I was gonna kill that bitch.

"Why the hell did she do that?" I asked angrily. He turned forward and started walking again.

"I guess I just pissed her off. She thinks I'm cheating on her."

"What the fuck?" We turned the last corner and headed back to the bar.

"I don't know, it doesn't really matter," he replied.

"Okay." We reached the door to the bar. "If you need anything, just tell me." I hugged him.

"Will do." He hugged me back. "Come on, let's go get drunk."

I smiled at his enthusiasm. Everything was going to work out. I just knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa an update! Been forever! Oh well! Thanks to my lovely readers xD