Status: Complete {As of 4/6/18 considering revising and rewriting this story}

Call It Love, Call It Lies

"So Many That The Count Of The Slain Was Lost."

I walked down into the living room with Aaron and Michael. Kat was sitting on a couch across from two men, who sat on another couch. One of the men had black hair that went a few inches down his shoulders. Parts of his hair was twisted and braided so it looked similar to dreads. From what I saw he had no piercings and no eyebrows. He looked a little scary but at the same time he looked sweet and easy to talk to.

The man sitting next to him had long black hair as well, but not as long. It was shorter but only by an inch or two. Unlike the first man his hair was straight and soft looking. I found no piercings on him, but he did have his eyebrows. He was also a bit scary looking like the first man. He looked less inviting though, but there was something trust worthy about him. That doesn`t really make sense does it?

"Flora, this is Philip and DJ. DJ, Philip this is Flora."

Both men stood up and walked over to me. The first man with the hair similar to dreads gently shook my hand and kissed the back of it. "I am Philip."

"Its very nice to meet you, Philip."

The second man softly shook my hand and lightly pressed his lips to the back of my hand, being gentler than Philip. "And I`m DJ."

"Its very nice to meet you as well, DJ."

Both men nodded their heads and went back to their seats. Michael and Aaron chuckled at the men while Kat rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Pay no mind to Philip. He`s a harmless, funny guy, but he can be a bit of a flirt," Michael said while patting my arm before going and sitting next to Kat.

Aaron took my hand and lead me over to a little love seat in between the two couches that Philip, DJ, Kat and Michael were on. We both sat down and Aaron kissed the top of my head, lazily wrapping an arm around my shoulders and holding my hand with his other hand.

"Now to begin. As I said earlier, this is very important. It seems that the fate of every Vampire is in danger. Our enemies have forgot the treaty Dracula created with Van Helsing, they have decided that we should no longer exist."

Philip snorted at Michael`s words and shook his head. "They forget though, without us they would have nothing to do. And they would have no one to mess with. They`re lives would be entirely too boring."

"You make a good point, Philip. But I think its more about they`re loved ones than anything else. They want those innocent people to be protected. They no longer feel the treaty still stands or its as strong as it was."

Michael smiled down at Kat, clearly proud of her and her words. Kat smiled at him and he kissed her cheek. He smiled then looked at the rest of us, "This is one of the reason`s I like having Kat around in meetings. She thinks differently than we do. She can see it from our enemies perspective when we can not."

Kat blushed a bit at her boyfriends words and looked down at the floor in effort to hide her blush. All the men chuckled at her and I couldn`t help but smile.

"While I agree with Michael, I think we need to explain things a little more. Given the fact that Aaron seems to have yet to explain anything to flora, other than we are Vampires. She needs to know of our situation and what she is getting herself into," DJ said. I smiled at him for trying to help me get an understanding.

"Ah Yes. Now Aaron, how much have you told her, exactly?" Michael asked, looking over at Aaron and myself.

"Only that we are Vampires. I didn`t get a chance to tell her anything else. I was interrupted, remember?"

"I am sorry about that. And I am sorry for all this Flora. I know what has been said and what will be said is a lot to take in."

"Thank you Michael, but its okay. Like DJ said, I need to know what I am getting myself into."

"Alright. Now, all of this goes back to 1792 when Dracula and Mr. Van Helsing signed a treaty. The story the humans were told is not completely true. In the end Dracula was not killed by Helsing. Instead he was imprisoned for a few months, but Vampires all over the world grew restless and became mad. They went on a rampage and killed many people. So many that the count of the slain was lost and being lost, the account was never remember by the humans. Helsing began to fear that almost every human would be killed so he released Dracula on one condition: that he would control all Vampires and stop such massacre from happening. Dracula did not agree at first. He didn`t want his people to be killed with out mercy, when he had to hold them back and they wouldn`t be able to defend themselves. So, in an effort to keep all peace Helsing and Dracula made a treaty stating that Helsing`s people would not kill Dracula`s people and vise versa. That very treaty has stood till today."

"I don`t understand. Why doesn`t Dracula just stop these people?"

Aaron sighed and shook his head, "Dracula is dead. As is Van Helsing. They have both been dead since the eighteen hundreds."

"How did they die?"

"No one truly knows what happened. There are many rumors about how it happened. Some say they killed each other. While some say Dracula`s bride killed both men in a fit of rage, then killed herself," Philip said with a light shrug.

I nodded and looked around the room, "What is it that needs to be done, exactly?"

"We...are not completely sure," DJ said, a frown on his lips.

"We have many spell books that might help but, we need a Wiccan for them and we don`t know any," Michael stated with a sigh.

I raised an eyebrow at Kat. Had she not told Michael anything? They were supposed to be a happy and in love couple. I surely would of thought she would of said something.

Kat looked over at me and sighed. She got up and pulled Michael up with her, murmuring to him that she needed to speak with him in private. They both walked out of the living room and into the hall. They stayed out in the hall for a few minutes and a couple minutes later I saw Michael spinning Kat around, a huge smile on his face.

They walked back into the living room while holding hands. They stopped walking in front of us and Michael grinned.

"I have some amazing news. Kat has revealed to me that she is a Wiccan and she has agreed to help us. She will be looking through our books and finding everything we need to save our kind."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said I was going to put another chapter out sometime next week, but I couldn`t help myself. I started writing this chapter last night and I finished it today. I want to say a BIG thanks to my friend that I based Kat off of, she gave me the idea for her character being a Wiccan. After she suggested that I got a whole bunch of idea`s. Anyway, please keep commenting and subscribing. It means a lot to know what my readers think. :)