Status: Complete {As of 4/6/18 considering revising and rewriting this story}

Call It Love, Call It Lies

I Flinched A Little

I walked up some stairs and down a hall that lead to Aaron`s room. I continued to walk until I got to his bedroom door. I took a deep breath and raised my hand, gently knocking on the door. Let`s hope Aaron isn`t too mad at me.

As luck would have it, he was indeed mad at me. I found this out the minute he opened the door.

"What the hell do you want?" Aaron spat, not hiding his anger in the least.

I flinched a little at his harsh tone and bit my bottom lip, "I wanted to talk to you."

"And why is that? Can`t you have DJ do that for you."

"I`m so sorry about that, Aaron. I was scared, I...."

"Scared," He paused to scoff, "Oh please. I try to do things for you and how do you repay me? By making DJ tell me something you should have!"

Once again, I flinched. "Aaron you don`t understand."

"What don`t I understand, huh?"

"What you did scared me!"

He looked taken aback by my words. "I...I did what?"

I let out a soft sigh, "Can we talk in your room?"

Aaron nodded and moved out of the way so I could walk into his room. After I walked into his room I went over to his bed and sat down on the edge of it, biting my lip. He shut the door and slowly walked over to me. He seemed hesitant to sit next to me but he did it anyway.

"I...scared you? I don`t understand..."

I sighed, "Aaron, I have never done anything sexual before. So...what you did was very unexpected and....I didn`t exactly know what to do. I-it felt lovely, but it scared me. A lot actually."

"Oh Flora, I`m sorry. I didn`t think that it scared you. When I felt to go talk to Michael, you didn`t seem scared."

"I know. This is very new to me and...its just too...fast. I care about you, Aaron. I barely know you but I care about you more than I should. I just..." I trailed off with a sigh, "Please, please take this slow. I know Vampire relationships are fast. But please, for me, take this slow."

Aaron nodded and moved closer, carefully hugging me. "I will take this is as slow as you need me to, because I care about you too."

I curled up to him, moving onto his lap a bit. He smiled and pulled me onto his lap completely, holding me close.

"Aaron?"

"Hmmm?"

"Why do I care about you so much when I barely know you?"

He laughed softly and pulled my closer, "Because you belong to me, as my mate. Vampires feel the same way, but only with their mate. Its very common, its how we figure out who we are meant to be with. As Vampires, we feel this...pull to this one person and when we can enter that person`s dreams, we know that that person is our mate. The person we spend eternity with."

I nodded against his chest and murmured, "That actually explains a lot."

Aaron chuckled, "Does it? I was afraid you might not understand it fully because you are still learning about Vampires."

"No, I understand. It explains why I feel comfortable around you and why I feel drawn to you. No, I don`t understand all of it because I am still learning, but I did grasp most of it enough to understand why I feel the way I do."

He kissed the top of my head and murmured, "I have so much to teach you, Flora. And I cannot wait to show you the ways of my people."
♠ ♠ ♠
I`m sorry this is so short, but its an update. And I`m sorry I haven`t updated since November. I have writers block, which is why I had taken November off in the first place. But it seems to have not cleared my writers block in any way. I`m going to do my best to update again this month, but I don`t know how easy that will be because my dad has once again gotten it in his head that I can only be on the computer for a few short hours a day. But I will try and update again this month. Anyway, I would like to thank the people that have comment and subscribed. Please keep commenting and subscribing. It means a lot.