Status: Complete {As of 4/6/18 considering revising and rewriting this story}

Call It Love, Call It Lies

Just A Smidge Too Much

"Just a few more ingredients and we should have everything," Kat murmured softly as she picked some more rosemary from the garden.

We were at the house all the boys shared, we had been here off and on, due to work, every day this week. Kat and myself have started getting everything ready for the ritual. We need to get everything quickly so we can get the ritual done as soon as possible. I`m not entirely sure why the ritual needs to be done so soon, though. I only know that Michael has mentioned things have gotten worse. What has gotten worse, I have not been told. I think it has something to do with our safety.

At the moment we were in the garden while the guys rested, it was the middle of the day and unfortunately as they were Vampires, they burn in the sun. And depending on how long they are in the sun they will die. But like I was saying, we`re in the garden behind the house. You know how the house looks creepy in the front? Well in the back it isn`t. There`s actually this big garden with flowers, herbs, and spices. There`s also a small pond and a little gazebo with a dark red Victorian style couch in it. There are also a few candles set up as well. It`s pretty nice, especially at night.
Michael told Kat and myself to get what ingredients we could from the garden and so far we have found all of them.

"What else do we need?" I asked softly, picking a sunflower from the garden.

"Rose petals, a strand of hair from all of us, some spit from you and myself, and blood. Lot`s of blood."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why blood, exactly? And from who?"

"It will strengthen the ritual. And I need blood from the boys and you. I need the most from you."

"Why my blood?"

"Because," Kat paused and looked up at me, "Your blood will act like a shield, it will keep the boys safe."

I frowned and sat next to her on the stone path that lead back to the patio. "What do you mean, my blood will keep them safe?"

"I`m not entirely sure myself. The book I found the spell in wasn`t specific," Kat murmured in reply.
"But, you will be keeping the boys safe and that`s the important thing. Besides, I don`t even need a pint of blood. You`ll be fine."

I nodded at Kat`s words, knowing I could trust her no matter what. She was my best friend after all. We`ve been through thick and thin, standing by each other`s side no matter what. And that`s how we`ll always be. Best friends.

After that we sat down by the pond to just talk and relax while we waited for the sun to set so the guys could come out. But, the sun wasn`t going to set for another hour or so. So, that gave us time to do whatever or talk about whatever we wanted.

But it seemed fate had something else in store for us before the sun set and our boys came to us. I learned this the minute I saw figures start to creep out from the woods and into the garden. Two by two they came until there were twelve of them surrounding us. It was then they decided to reveal themselves.

Men dressed in black suits walked over to us. In the hands of each man was a fairly large gun, making them look deadly and not to be messed with. But what did they want? Why were they here? Could they be after the boys?

"Who are you and what do you want?" Kat asked, looking more pissed off than afraid.

"We are here for the sacrifice sitting next to you," A man replied, obviously the leader of the group. He had long blonde hair, brown eyes, tan skin, and looked to be in his late thirties or early forties.

"Excuse me?"

The man looked over at me and smirked, "You are coming with me."

"She is not!" Kat yelled, standing up.

"Oh yes she is. Because if she doesn`t, we`ll burn that house down with your precious leaches in side."

I gulped at his words. Fire was something that could kill Vampires extremely easy. And the mental image of Aaron and the rest of the guys burning to death was not a pleasant site. Not at all.

"Why do you want me?" I asked, doing my best to be brave. But my voice betrayed how nervous and scared I was.

The man smirked before replying, "You protect those leaches and you are to be a sacrifice to protect them forever. If they don`t have you, the sacrifice will not take place."

I narrowed my eyes at him and Kat made a noise similar to a growl. I think she`s been hanging out with Michael just a smidge too much, she`s acting like a protective Vampire right now. I would know. There have been a few times Aaron has acted like that with me because Philip or DJ did something to piss him off.

"Oh shut up, witch! We can kill you just as easy as we can kill those leaches you love."

"Stop it, stop it right now. IF I go with you, do you swear not to hurt her or the boys?"

The man sighed and titled his head to the side, seeming to consider my other then nodded. "Alright. I swear not to hurt ether or them. But only if you go with us."

I nodded, "I`ll go then."

"What? Are you insane?" Kat yelled, looking more upset than mad.

"Kat, it`ll be okay," I said and hugged her. I then leaned in and whispered in her ear so only she could hear, "Get that spell ready." I gave her a brave smile then walked over to the men.

The man smirked at me and grabbed my arm, "You are lucky I find what you just did very honorable." He then lead me and his men into the woods. But as soon as we walking into the trees everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
After close to three months I`m finally updating! Part of the reason it took so long to update is I got pretty bad writers block and because I was trying to figure out how many more chapters are going to be left in this story. I have decided there will only be twenty or twenty one chapters for this story and I will do my very best to finish it this month. And the next chapter should be up next Friday. Also, please comment and let me know what you think. Thank you! :)

Kat`s outfit.

Flora`s outfit.