Status: Complete {As of 4/6/18 considering revising and rewriting this story}

Call It Love, Call It Lies

Understatement

After work i got home and found that Kat had made dinner. She gets home an hour before me, since she goes to work an house before me. That`s one of the many things i love about her: she can cook and i can`t. Yes i know that sounds silly and a bit selfish, but its the truth. She`s probably the best cook in the world for her age. Did i mention she`s only twenty three?

"Flora?" Kat asked as we washed the dishes. "Yeah, Kat?" "Iv`e been wanting to talk to you about something."

"Well, spit it out," I said, laughing a bit as i put the last plate away.

"I want you to meet my boyfriend. Him and his friends are going to have a movie night and they wanted us to come."

"Sounds like fun to me."

"Really?" I laughed and nodded. "Yes, really. When is it?"

"Tomorrow...." Kat mumbled, trailing off a bit.

I raised an eyebrow, "That early?"

"Yeah, i`m sorry Flora. But i didn`t get that much of a notice myself."

I nodded a bit. "Its okay. Um, can we make a quick run to the library? Iv`e got some books that are going to be overdo." Kat grinned. "Sounds good, just as long as we can go to the craft store." I laughed and nodded. "That`s perfectly fine with me." "All right, let`s just change out of these work clothes first." I nodded and walked with her up stairs.

Thirty minutes later we were walking out the door. "Do you want to drive or walk?" Kat asked, stretching a bit. "Can we walk? Both stores are just up the road." "Sounds good. I didn`t have my daily walk anyway." I nodded and grabbed her hand, pulling her down the driveway.

The best thing about living in a small town is how close everything is. Plus we live only a mile from the town square where all the food and whatnot is. Though living in a small town has its downs as well as its ups: Everybody knows everybody, which can be an up or a down. It just depends on how you look at it. Everyone knows everyone`s business: which is a complete down no matter how you look at it. Everyone talks to you at the store: its kind of an up and kind of a down.

"Where do you want to go first?" Kat asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Um book store?" "Sure," Kat said, shrugging and pulling me into the book store. I quickly returned the books i had borrowed and started looking for more. Of course i went straight to the Horror Fiction. Though what i`m looking for -depending on the book- really isn`t considered horror.

Lately iv`e been getting interested in things like Vampires, witches and werewolves. Actually i started getting interested in them when i started having those dreams about the woods and the bridge. Its weird i know. I just felt so...drawn to the idea of Vampires. Which lead to my interest in Witches and Werewolves.

I found five books on Vampires, four on witches and two on werewolves. After i grabbed my books i went and looked for Kat and found her in the Historical Fiction. I somehow pulled her away from there and i checked out my books, while she checked out nine books. We put our books in our bags and walked out, quickly heading to the Craft store.

When we got to the Craft store Kat headed straight to the fabric department, dragging me along with her. I followed her around, looking at different fabric. After about thirty minutes Kat bought six different colors and kinds of fabric and we walked out of the store.

"Anything else you want to do?" Kat asked with a light yawn. "Not really, you?"

"Nope. I`m getting kind of tired." I nodded a bit.

"So, home then?"
Kat laughed and nodded. "Home it is."

As we were walking down the street that lead to home i noticed a group of four guys in all black walk by us. Out of the corner of my eye i saw Kat bite her lip and look at the guy that was walking in the front of the group. I did my best to ignore the way she was looking at him, she was even blushing a little.

I looked over my shoulder, feeling like i was being watched. And i was right. The guy Kat was looking at was staring at me. Like his friends he was dressed in all black with black hair. He was wearing eye make up and his hair fell just at his shoulders. I couldn`t really tell much more about him because he was wearing a jacket.

I grabbed Kat`s hand and pretty much ran home. To say that little encounter scared me was an understatement. I don`t understand why Kat was looking at that guy the way she was and why he was staring at me.

"Why the fuck were you in such a hurry?" Kat asked as we walked into our house. "Um, i just wanted to get home and start reading my books." She look at me with a raised eyebrow. It was obvious she didn`t believe me. I don`t blame her ether. "Can we just forget about it, please?" She sighed and nodded. "Yeah, i guess. If you need me, i`ll be in the Craft`s room." I nodded and watched her walk to the Craft room.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. I sat on my bed and took a deep breath. I was still pretty shaken up. But hey, who wouldn`t be?
♠ ♠ ♠
I`m so, so sorry this took so long. I was planning on posting this last weekend bit i didn`t get to. This chapter is a little longer so i hope that makes up for it. I`ll update again as fast as i can. Please comment and let me know what you think, don`t forget to subscribe. Thank you! :)

Flora`s Outfit.

Kat`s Outfit.