Status: I'm working on it

Somewhere in This Lonestar State

Chapter 10

Briana's POV:

Summer had ended Cameron and I were divorced The kids went to live with him and I was all alone just working and waiting for my baby to come out. It was the first day of school and I didn't need to be there. Cameron decided to stay and wait for the baby to be born. I went over to Desi's and helped her plan a wedding for her cousin Lin.

"Hey do you want to come with me? I have to go to the church to talk to Pastor and talk to Dominique. She asked me to do her wedding "

"Yeah sure." I said. We left to the church we grew up in and walked in on the side door. I heard the choir practicing Then I heard a Familiar voice. The voice I heard was The pastor's Grandson and Dominique's brother. The last time I saw him was a year after I lost my baby he and I were talking. we had went out a few times. He was super sweet and helped me accept that I lost my baby. Every time we had a date he would try to kiss me but something or someone would interrupt us. Our last date was at his Going away party. He left to Dallas and I didn't see him again Desi said he would go back during the summer but during the Summer I would Travel everywhere so I never saw him.

"Briana Come here!" desi said. I was walking to the office and my water broke. I knew I could wait out going to the hospital for an hour." So Dominique how do you want the decorations?"

"Well I saw this and I really loved it." She said showing us a picture.

"Oh that's really pretty." I said.

"Yeah I know. not that exactly but just like the flowers and stuff then I want it to be like Backyard wedding. I've always loved those."

"okay and."

"And um My grandfather really doesn't agree but I want to have the reception and a dance. I love to Dance. so can we do that?"

"Yes we can."

"I don't know what else but can I call you or text to for more stuff."

"Yeah." We were leaving and she got in the Car with her brother. We went to Desi car and when we got in there I told her My water broke.

"Hey let's go to the hospital!" I said.

"Why?"

"My water broke I have to go to the hospital." We got to the hospital and right away I had the baby. Cameron walked in and They were going to get me to start pushing. Once I heard the cry they said I had a boy.

"Look at your new baby boy!" They said. They did what they needed then handed him to me. A while later they were asking what I was going to Name him.

"What's his name?" Zach asked.

"Liam Chase Quiseng." I said.

----------------------------------

Sunday Came Cameron the kids and I went to church. I saw the guy on stage singing he kept looking my way. His mom hugged me and so did his sisters. The whole time he sang He was looking my way. I went to go to take Liam to the nursery and I saw him.

"Hello Briana." He said to me.

"Hi Devin." I replied. I left Liam and He walked into the sanctuary with me. Desi just looked at us. When I sat down she made a face. later on I was in the lobby and Devin started talking to me. I saw one of the Guard girls there she was his niece.

"We should hang out soon." He said.

"yeah hows Tuesday I have to go to my dad's work and discuss somethings but Tuesday?" I asked.

"Yeah That's good." I got home changed and jumped in the pool I hadn't gone in for a while and I wanted to. Not that long after I saw Devin's Family walking outside. Behind them was Michael,Kat,Kate,Zach,Desi,Yasmine,Dillion and Kim. I saw Devin looking at me I went and told his Family hi. His sister Hanna is Giovanni's mom and Giovanni is one of the Guard girls.

"I love Your swim suit it's so pretty."

"Oh thanks." I said.

"Yeah I just love all your outfits."

"Yeah my friend Joaquin designs outfits for me and he designed the this year and the past 2 year costumes for guard."

"oh Yeah I liked this years it's really pretty they look like mermaids."

"good that's what they're supposed to look like." Devin and his dad were over by the pit with Cameron and the guys. Kat and the girls were either in the pool or tanning.

"where's Liam?" She asked.

"In the house. I'm going to go check on him." I walked up the stairs and by the pit. I saw Devin looking at me. I walked inside and all the kids were watching tv. "Y'all don't want to swim?" I asked

"No we're watching tv." Josh said. I just shrugged. I got Liam and just held him. I walked outside and just laid on a chair and played with him. Cameron Took him from me then went inside.

---------------

Tuesday came I didn't know If Cameron was ever going to leave the kids ended up starting school here and not in California. My dad came back to audition some people for his next project. He wanted me to go with him I didn't want to cancel on Devin so I told my dad just for a little while. I didn't want to leave Liam the kids were at school and Cameron was going to hang out with the guys The girls had invited me to go shopping with them but I turned them down for my dad I ended up taking Liam with me.

"So what are we doing?" I asked sitting down.

"just listening to people who would be the new face of My recording studio here in texas."

"are you just doing it here in San Antonio?" I asked.

"No but Your brother Chris is going to the other ones with me you live here so I asked you." I just shrugged. The first person came on stage They were horrible.

"Okay You need to stop!" I said.

"What?" They said.

"If you want to be working with Him one of the BEST record producers ever you need to work a little harder. Maybe next Time." I said. The person left.

"That was."

"What It's true she has a voice kind of but she needs to work on it." I said. Person after Person came up we had already saw 100 by the first hour. Only 2 or 3 I let finish.

"okay Next up is-" Just then we heard a door open behind us I turned and saw my half brother Chris.

"Here." I said letting him see my papers. The next person came up and I made them wait while I was telling Chris something. "Sorry Proceed." I said.

"Hi I'm Devin and I'll be singing Dancin' Away With My Heart by Lady Antebellum" I Grabbed the papers from Chris and Devin was on the list How could I have missed that. I tried to walk out but Chris made me sit. Once he finished My dad asked.

"Wow That was Amazing I think you might be it. What made you pick the song?"

"Um I dated a girl for a while and this is basically what happened to us and I just wanted to sing it for y'all." He said. I was almost in tears every time I hear that song I get sad then for him to sing it I was just overwhelmed with emotions.

"You are defiantly on the list for my favorites." My dad said.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked me.

"Yeah I'll be right back." I got up and went to the restroom. A little after I went to the restroom we finally finished. My dad and Brother were going to tell the people without me. I dropped Liam off with Zach and went to the school. I got there and Joaquin was waiting for the girls to come in.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"My dad asked me to help him."

"oh yeah I heard about his project thing."

"Yeah I was helping audition people."

"I know My older sister went she said everyone was calling you a bitch."

"Yeah If they weren't good I just stopped them I really didn't have the time for that but Now my dad wants to do some boot camp thing like the x factor or something. monday I have to not only choach the 50 I have just from here. My dad is going to the different cities in Texas."

"Like where houston dallas austin el paso."

"Yeah I'm going to the first three but I'm not going to el paso." I said.

"You can't leave me."

"I'm not I have to talk to Desi and Zach but I was just going to fly in the night before then come back right after. I could Make them shorter." I said. Joaquin just laughed. The girls walked in and were looking at me weird.

"Why the nice fancy outfit." I had forgot to change.

"I was at a meeting. Okay we'll start where we left off yesterday." I heard a Phone go off and Giovanni made a face.

"Sorry." Giovanni said.

"You can check it." I said. As she checked it I checked my phone and Devin texted asking if we could have dinner. I couldn't decide If I should say yes or no. I ignored it and practiced with the girls I let them practice on whatever and asked Joaquin. "So You know what I told you about about that guy?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"We were supposed to have Lunch today but then I got caught up with work and he asked me to go out to dinner. I didn't really want to go to Lunch because of everything that's happened and then he asked me out to dinner but I have Liam I don't really want to go." I said.

"well if you don't then tell him you can't I'm sure he'd understand you have a new born and you don't want to leave him."

"Briana My Grandma wanted to Invite you to her birthday dinner tonight at Brio Tuscan Grille." Giovanni said.

"Looks like Giovanni's be a suck up." One girl said in the back.

"Yeah I'll go." I said.

"I'm going to text Them and let them know you said yes." I nodded.

"Yeah that's your way of saying yes to him but saying yes to his niece."

"His Mom is super nice she helped me with the divorce and the baby." I said.

"I swear you're crazy You want me to watch Liam or what?"

"No I'm going to take him." I said. When school finished I had to stay for the practice. When Practice finished I went to go pick up Liam and Liam was crying. "What happened?"

"He just started crying." Zach said.

"Oh. Thank you for watching him."

"Yeah No problem." I went to the restaurant and They were barley getting there. We sat down and everybody was talking.

"thanks for putting me in top 50 but I didn't need your help." Devin said to me.

"I didn't pick you." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"because like you said you didn't need me. My dad and brother right away wanted you in the top 5!" I said. We ate and Sang happy birthday I said my goodbyes and started walking to my truck. Devin followed me his family had parked on the other side of the lot I turned and he kissed me.