Status: I'm working on it

Somewhere in This Lonestar State

Chapter 17

Briana's POV:

It was getting close to midnight Devin and Stacy were on stage. They announced we were a minute away from the count down. John Grabbed me by the hand and told me to follow him. we were walking up the stairs. I didn't know were John was taking me.

"Where are you taking me." I asked.

"I want to see the night sky when it's midnight. I do it every year this year I want to do it with you." He said. I looked at him and I could tell that the look in his eye was a different look but a good different.

"I'm stepping on my dress." I said. John turned picked me up and walked up the stairs. "put me down."

"We're here." He said. We were on the roof and he put me down. "Will You marry me?" He said just as the fireworks started. I freaked out.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "we can just go back."

"I'm sure! I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He said.

"Yes." He put the ring on my finger and stood up. I kissed him. We walked back down and everybody was having fun.

------------------------

It was the 4th and I went to my audition. My step family was still there and I wanted to tell them I was engaged. I got back from my audition and everybody was sitting down eating. They were laughing and talking.

"Briana did you want something to eat?" My step mom said. she started getting up.

"Yeah but I'll get it." I said. I put my purse in my room then went back. John was holding Liam. I took Liam from John and started playing with him. I sat down and everybody was looking at me.

"So I have something to tell y'all."

"What?" My dad said.

"I'm getting married." I said taking a bite of my food.

"Oh My Gosh!" The family jumped up and started asking my questions about the wedding. I looked and my dad went up and hugged John.

"I'm glad you're going to be part of the family." my dad said.

"Have you told your family?" My step mom asked.

"They know I was going to purpose but they don't know I've done it yet." John went to go call his family.

"So when's the wedding going to be." Everybody kept hammering me with questions.

"I don't know." I said. I heard Liam cry I went to get him and He was in the room with John.

"We're going to dinner at 7" He said.

"Okay." I started to change Liam's Diaper. "How about July for the wedding?"

"Yeah Where do you want it? I saw you look up that castle in New York."

"Yeah I want a castle in Ireland!" I said. "What do you think?"

"I think you like things big elaborate and expensive." John said.

"Um Yeah pretty much."

We started to get ready and left for John's parents house. They lived In Bakersfield. My step mom wanted to watch Liam because she wanted Liam to get used to her because she would be watching him while I went to work. She was going to move in with me while my dad and John went on the radio tour. We got to his parent's house and his mom came running up to us. His mom practically babied him. I tried to make him a plate and she told me that she got it.

"So why did you decide to come to dinner today?" His sister asked upset.

"because We wanted to and we didn't have work." We sat down and ate. everybody was there and then John's other sister walked in.

"What's the special occasion John's here?"

"There's no special occasion! John just wants to see his family right?"

"Actually there is something. Briana and I are getting married." He said.

---------------------

When we got back home and I was talking to Desi almost everyday. The girls found out and were super happy. John's Mom wasn't happy his siblings were but not his mom. He didn't care he still wanted to get married. I went to church and after The Pastor (Devin's grandpa) wanted to talk to me.

"Mija can you meet me in my office when everybody starts leaving?" He asked me.

"Yeah I can." I went back to my talking Desi looked at me scared. John told everybody that he was going to bar-b-que. I told him to take the kids to the car and I'd meet him at the car when I was finished. I went to the office and The pastor and his wife was there.

"Come in and sit down." He said. I went and sat down. "We want you to work here. Your aunt said you used to be a English teacher and now that you're in the movie buissness. We wanted to know If you could teach our only senior classes there's 2 and If you could teach theater."

"I never learned how to teach Theater." I said.

"You know what to do and that's all you really need. The kids have never had a Theater class." His wife the principle of the school said. "The last class starts at 2:50 and ends at 3:40. We know you teach color guard at your alma mater so we aren't giving you a class that period."

"Um do you want me to come back in the fall?" I asked.

"yes we'd prefer it."

"Okay I'll take it but I have a to start a movie in the summer Can I have the kids fun raise and I take them with me for a week to see what goes on on a movie set." I said.

"If you can fun raise for enough money to fly them out get a hotel and come back."

"Okay." I nodded. I went to the car and John asked me why he wanted me in the office. "I'm working at the school here."

"Since when?"

"Right now. I'm going to fun raise to take the kids with me to the movie they are having me teach theater." I said.