Status: I'm working on it

Somewhere in This Lonestar State

Chapter 24

Briana's POV:

I left to answer the door and when I went back it was gone. I knew I couldn't be pregnant so I wasn't to freaked out about it and if I was pregnant I would have known by then. That monday I started noticing Jax was acting different. On Monday we to the staff meeting at the school. We were sitting listening and Jax kept coughing.

"Mr. Presley are you sure you're okay over there?" The principal asked.

"Yeah I'm Fine." He said. After the meeting we walked to the band hall and I called my doctor.

"Hey you have an appointment at 12." I told him.

"No I don't."

"Yeah I just called my doctor." I gave him a hug and walked out. I went to the house and Cameron was there waiting to drop off Liam.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Yeah want something to drink?" I asked walking to the kitchen.

"Just water." He said. I got him a water bottle then walked to the living room.

"What are you going to do next week?" I asked.

"I'm going to take the kids to Hawaii."

"Oh for the family reunion?"

"Yeah My girlfriend katie is going to meet us there she has her friend's wedding in Dallas then shes flying to Hawaii."

"Oh you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"yeah we just started going out kind of."

"And she's already meeting the kids?"

"Yeah she's okay with it." He said excited.

"Oh Do you have work today?" I asked.

"No I got today off." He said. He stayed with me and we talked about the kids.

"So for Josh's birthday It's my weekend so Katie and I planned on taking him to the basketball game. Could you watch the kids and I'll pick them up and take them to church with me on sunday?"

"Yeah That's fine. When did you meet Katie?" I asked.

"I met her the first day of the month." He said. "Yeah she loves kids but doesn't want to do the giving birth thing so she's fine with just having my kids and that's it."

"Oh Thats's nice." I looked at my phone and it was one in the afternoon. I started waiting for a call from Jax.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"It's 1:30." I said.

"I have to go." He said. He kissed me then left leaving me in shock. I ran up to him before he got to his car grabbed him and kissed him. My phone started ringing and I pulled away from him. "I'm going to go now."

"Hello?" I said answering the phone.

"Hey I'm coming home I have the flu." He said.

"The flu?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in 30 minutes." He said. Cameron drove off and I walked back inside. I put Liam down for his nap and I hear Jax walk in. "Bri! Where are you?"

"I'm putting Liam down the kids hallway is off limits I don't want you getting them sick." I said.

"Oh okay. You'll pick up Peyton right?"

"Yes I'll pick her up when I pick up Sutton." I picked up the kids and brought them home. I was making dinner later and Jax was getting worse when Troy got back from practice I took Jax to the hospital.

"I'm fine I just have the flu." He said.

"No you don't." He got checked and He had to stay over night they didn't know what was going on with him. I was going back to the house and I stopped by Cameron's house. He opened the door and let me in.

"Hey it's midnight what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Jax is sick they don't know what's wrong with him. I just can't help but thinking the worse and that I'll be alone again!" I said.

"You won't be alone. You have the kids there's 6 of them!"

"Just in raising them! I know Jax to his ex is so messed up she can't even see peyton and He'll leave her to me the same way Christine did to us."

"Well I've always helped you. Jax's family would help to. Why do you always think the worse about everything?"

"Because I always have the worse happen to me. I lost my first child. My first marriage failed my SECOND fiance cheated on me."

"If the worse always happens to you then why are you one of the most successful people in your family. How did you end up with kids when you always thought you weren't going to be able to." He said. "The worse doesn't always happen to you."

"but it always feels like it." I said. "And after the bad stuff that has happened how could I not help but think the worse."

"It's going to be fine." He said hugging me.

------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up in Cameron's bed. I ran out and went home. I showered and got the kids ready for school. I took them to school and went to see Jax in the hospital. I got there and they moved him. I went to where they told me where he was and it was the cancer patients section.

"Why is he in here?" I asked his nurse.

"He has leukemia." She said. Jax just looked at me.

"why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"What am I supposed to do call you in the middle of the night and say hey um I have cancer and I'm fine just go back to bed." He said.

"Well different but tell me!" I said.

"Well I'm sorry." He said. He had to stay in the hospital and they started him on the treatment. I didn't want to tell anybody but of course he had to tell the school. That day I got to the class and all the girls said they were sorry.

"Sorry about what?" I asked.

"Mr. Presley Yall made it pretty obvious and they let it slip in 2nd period on accident." Giovanni said. "So all of us know."

"Alright I'm fine. Just go get ready!" I said. After school I was walking out and Troy came up to me.

"What's going on? Everybody keeps telling me sorry for my step dad. What's wrong with Jax" He asked.

"He has cancer they let it slip in a class and now everybody knows."

"I thought they didn't know about you and him."

"Yeah supposedly we made it obvious!"

"Well can we see him?"

"I don't think so." I went to pick up Liam Sutton and Peyton from Day Care and the teachers started to tell me that they were praying for me and asking what type of cancer and all this other stuff. "How do you know about this?"

"Oh We have the tv on in the office and I walked in and They were talking about it."

"Just don't say anything in front of the kids." I said I got the girls and liam and took them home. I called Brandon and He tried to act like nothing happened.

"Hey What's up?" He asked.

"I can't believe you let it slip in front of the students! It's all over the news. We haven't told his family or the kids!" I said.

"I'm sorry I was talking to Lisa and one of the kids over heard me." He said.

-------------------------------------

It had been a few weeks Jax was out of the hospital but was having to go back every once in a while. By then everybody knew about Jax. My dad had bought a house just outside San Antonio. He moved out there just in case I needed help with the kids and my step mom would be there. We were getting ready for Zach's birthday dinner and The door bell rang. I opened it and Cameron was there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to pick up the pasta salad and the kids that are ready." He said.

"Oh um The Twins and Sutton are ready and it's in the refrigerator." I said. He got the Pasta salad and I got the kids out from the backyard. They left and I saw his girlfriend helping him put them in the car. When we got there Zach was laughing at Cameron's new girlfriends jokes. I was so annoyed with her and I hadn't met her.

"Oh my gosh thank you for making the pasta salad I totally forgot." Desi said.

"Yeah no problem." I said. "I need a drink."

"You can't have one." Jax said.

"Yeah I can!" I said.

"No according to the positive pregnancy test I found behind the toilet you can't."

"What are you talking about. I haven't taken a-" I had forgotten about the pregnancy test. "It was a false positive I can have a drink."

"Here's a drink I made." Kat said handing me a drink and walking away. I drank the drink and went to the restroom.

"Hi I need the next open appointment for Doctor Lin." I said.

"yes monday at 11."

"Okay Thank you." I walked out the restroom and Desi was standing there.