Status: I'm working on it

Somewhere in This Lonestar State

Chapter 4

Cameron's POV:

It Was My birthday and Briana had this scared look on her face. She had just finished talking to Zach and he seemed Mad at her.

"Hey Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm good."

"SO How about the show are you going on?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm going Shane is too but the day after the Premiere." She said. I got up and went to get sutton. I went to get her and Josh was in his room bored out of his mind.

"Yo Josh you okay?" I asked.

"Uh Oh yeah."

"I thought you invited Friends?"

"I don't have any they all are at my old school."

"Briana said you had some at the school?"

"Yeah They have a track meet today. I can't play sports with them because I'm too little."

"What?"

"There's a age limit on the players." Briana said from behind me.

"My brother couldn't play because he failed and was to old to play in middle school."

"wait you can't even play till your in seventh grade you're a sixth grader."

"The Coaches let him practice with the guys so he made friends way older then him." Briana said.

" but isn't one of the reasons you got moved was because you're a prodigy in everything Even Sports?"

"Yes but they still can't play him the other schools say it's not fair." Briana said.

" well let's go play basketball outside!" I said to him. He got up and got the ball.

Briana's POV:

Zach Was still hammering me on the pictures. I was scared I didn't want to tell Cameron. I didn't want to even Think about it. That's Why I never told him. He knew about the time I ALMOST got raped but not about the time I actually did get raped. I remembered When I gave birth to the twins I mumbled "They're alive" Cameron heard me a asked what I said. I never told him. But I couldn't handle having to lose more babies I had already lost one I could lose 3. Cameron was talking to josh and he didn't know Josh was not able to play with the High school students. The Next day Cameron went with me to take the kids to school and he got off with Josh.

"Cameron What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to talk to the principal." He said.

"For What?" I asked

"Josh He wants to play and he can't"

"Cameron you don't understand he's to small."

"Why would they move him up if he couldn't interact with other students?" He asked.

"Either way you would have to talk to the superintendent." I said.

"alright Take me there." he said.

" Fine. hold on." I said. I pulled out my phone and Called derick."Hey If we aren't here by the time practice ends can you take him home and pick up the others for us because cameron has gone crazy."

"Yeah Why is he crazy." He asked.

"He's making me drive him to central office to talk to them about them appoving josh to get moved up because of how smart he is and his athleticness!"

"Writer making up a word never heard that happen before!" Derick said.

"Whatever."

"Well Yeah it's true he's really good and he can't play with us even next year when he's allowed to." Derick said.

"Josh wants to move back down to elementary and I really want him to move up!"

"He told me because he can't even do what he loves which is play sports." Derick says.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yes Seriously! He told me He said not to tell but you want to keep him from doing what he loves. you always say follow your heart blah blah blah! stand up for what you believe in! and we really need him on the team next year he would help us a lot!"

"I have to go!" I hung up drove Cameron to central office. We got there and they made him wait for the longest time. I Got really hungry so I went to get Fried Pickles for myself I had been craving them. When I had finally got back they were barely letting Cameron meet with the superintendent .

"They will see you now." the lady said. walking us to the room.

"Hi Nice to meet you Dan Michaels how may I help you?" he asked.

"Yes My Son has been bumped up to 6th grade and he is 7. he was bumped up by you because of his intelligence and his strength. Next year he is not allowed to play sport because of his age. if you moved him up mostly because of his strength then why isn't he allowed to play!" Cameron says.

"Josh Martinez-Quiseng?" He asked. josh wanted his last name to be Quiseng too so we added it to his list of names.

"Yes." Cameron says.

"according to his records his dad died and his mother." Dan said.

"And According to his records he had adopted parents Cameron and Briana Quiseng!" I said.

"OH yes. Well I can't do anything about him."

"Then We want you to move him back to elementary!" I said.

"WE can't do that you can only move him up!" He said.

"NO You can move him down!" I said.

"With how smart he his and how he is in everything at the school taking it to state it makes the district look good."

"Alright then we are going to withdraw him and move him to North side!" I said.

"NO You can't do that!" He said.

"Yes I can We have been planing on moving to a better district so, might as well if they aren't helping us much!" I said.

"Fine He can play and every other very athletic child that is not in the age limit." He said.

"Alright thank you!" I said.

"oh and You are Fired you can not teach at the middle school or work with the guard!" Dan said. I got so mad I got to the car and cried. I loved my girls and I loved working with joaquin. and today I was going to start teaching them for their last performance for the seniors that we do at the the end of every year. I went to the High school and told Brandon The Band director that they fired me.

"Hey You're class isn't until later." He said.

"I Just got fired!" I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"My son josh got moved up to 6th grade at the beginning of the year part of it because he is very athletic and next year he can't play. Cameron went to central office and told dan that it wasn't fair. now after all that negotiating We got josh to play fir next year but I got fired."

"But That's not right if he's that athletic he should be able to play and you shouldn't have got fired!" He said.

"I know but I can't do anything about it now. I make enough money as it is I will still donate money to the school." I said.

"Thank you um I can get all the girls to come right now so you can tell them bye!" He said.

"No Um I'm coming back it's not like I'm banished off the campus." I said.

"okay we still have joaquin right?"

"Well He was going to go back to New York Next year." I said.

"oh do you know of any one else?" He asked.

" I think so." I left then went home and Joaquin was practicing with the flag.

"Hey!" He said.

"Hi Um I need to talk to you!" I said. We walked inside the house and I finished eating my fried pickles.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I got fired." I said.

"WHAT WHY?"

"Josh wanted to play sports with the other students so we went to go talk to the superintendent and I got Fired."

"Why don't you go get you're job back!"

"I love it but It's not worth it we make more then enough as it is and I can Still donate to the band and school." I said.

"What about next year I have to leave!" He said.

" I know My sister Needs a job and I can give her that one." I said.

"But I don't like you're sister she's a traitor."

"Look I know but I'll still go back and Help the girls as an unofficial director." I said grabbing my phone. I dialed my sisters' number and waited."Hello."

"Hi how are you?" She said.

"Good Um did you still need a job?" I asked.

"Yes. I do." She said.

" you are a sub with neisd right?" I asked.

"Yes."

" I want you to take over my spot as guard Director. I got fired and My partner won't be able to stay all year he was just going to stay till I was off maternity leave." I said.

"But you love that Job."

"I know But You are amazing with guard stuff you'll love the job."

"But it's not right!" She said.

"I stood up for what I believe in It's okay I do want to help out every now and then though." I said.

"Alright." She said.

"SO can you come meet me at the school." I said.

"Yeah sure I can." She said. I napped for a while then went to the school for guard class My sister was talking to Brandon He was band director when we went there.

"HI Rebecca." I said.

"Oh Hi."

"This is my assistant Joaquin He'll help you for a while." I said.

"oh okay." The girls started coming in and they saw that we had our serious faces so they automatically sat down.

"SO Um...uh... I don't know how to put this..." I say.

"Just say IT!" on girl yells out.

"I am not going to be Head Guard Director any more I do not work with the district any more. My sister Rebecca Will Take over my spot and She is already cleared with the district. I will stop by and see yall every now and then." I said.

"Wait what about our end of the year show?" One girl asked.

"My Ideas I will teach to Joaquin and he'll teach them to you." I said."He'll start teaching you tomorrow."

"Are you going to visit us when the baby comes so we can see it?" They asked.

"Yes I am." I said.

"But if you don't have this job how are you going to make money?" one girl asked.

"She a big movie star Now she makes alot of money!" Rebecca says.

"What She's a movie star?" One girl asked.

"Yeah We weren't telling them that!" I said.

"oh Sorry."

"What Movie?"

"some where in this lone star state." I reply."I wrote part of it."

"we're going to see that for Guard Retreat." The Commander Mimi said.

"I have to Go I'll come visit." I said walking out
♠ ♠ ♠
Josh