Fear

The Battle For East Gotham Part 2

I need not tell you on the hour that the march of the Cybermen began I was afraid. A fear that I can admit is not that unreasonable. I have seen what they can do, how they can strip a whole world of its inhabitants and force them to become Cybermen themselves. The horrors never end. Not in the city where Satan himself dare not enter.

-From the journal of the Detective

The Detective turned slowly. The sound of metal moving smoothly but still mechanically resonated off of the buildings of the enclosed area. The march that had haunted the Detective since the never spoken of, Sector 458 Massacre. The march of the Cybernen.

The Cybermen's bodies were the color of chrome. They moved slowly in a row of five, the ones at the front halted. They scanned up and down the battlefield until the leader fixcated its vision on the group of heroes huddled together in the center of the enclosed area. 

"Surrender or we will be forced to eliminate you." the Cyberman Leader said robotically. A small black bar, that was beneath two eyesockets on a helmet object that was placed where the head should be, glowed blue with every word that came out.

The heroes looked around at each other before a ball of flame hit the Leader right in the chest. Singing the armor the tinest bit. The Cybermen raised their arms to reveal laser blasters attached to the front of their arm platting. A red streak zipped across the battlefield before being reflected off of Captain America's shield.

The Cybermen began to chant delete over and over again. Second only to the Dalek's in terms of ethnic cleansing as they poured their firepower onto the heroes. 

The sound of bending steel and ripping wires filled the air as Superman and Supergirl began to rip them apart. Another hero known as Starfire began to shoot green fire from her hands but she was shot down  and fell to the ground with a sharp crack. 

Right now the only thing between the heroes and the Cybermen were the two super people. But they were tiring quickly and every other trick was failing to even pierce the armor of the steel plated cyborgs. 

The Detective looked around and noticed a fallen satellite dish that was pointed at the Cybermen. If he could charge t it could be used as a makeshift  EMP charge and could deactivate the Cybermen. All he needed was a source of power. 

The Detective looked around and spotted a set of jumper cables that were hooked up to a car. After making the modifications to the dish he ran over and attached the two ends of the jumper cables to the satellite dish. He stood back and waited until the dish was humming with energy. 

Looking over the Cybermen were fast approaching. Not much stopping them anymore. The Detective knew it was now or never he flipped a switch and a pulse of energy flew across all of Gotham. 

The Cybermen began  to power down and fall to the ground lifelessly. Without the life support mechanisms that kept them alive they would all die. Horrible yes, necessary? For Gotham, yes. It was. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanna thank everyone who has commented so far and subscribed. I appreciate it. I hope you will continue on though after the next chapter t could be considered done if you really wanted it to be.

I have two story arcs in mind one involving the Green Lantern and the Detective. The other will be focused around the Detective and Batmans hunt for te joker after another nefarious plot. Please comment on what you want to read.