Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Oh, It Was Nothing

(Aimee’s POV)

“So why are we here again?” it was my second time asking the same question since we had gotten out of the car. A pair of blue-green eyes rolled at me as I pretended to stare forward. Gotta love sunglasses. “Mean I thought our trip to Philly was just to get shitbag wasted. Now you have me in West Chester and- they have a Lemoncello store?” Loved the liquor, but didn't think anyone had as much dedication to the stuff as me. Mean a whole retail store for Lemoncello!

Kay Brannigan; best friend, emotional sister, voice of reason; had gone from rolling her eyes to a look of joy in record time. “It looks pretty!” Locking her arm with min, she tugged me forward. “We shall visit it afterward. We have an important meeting up the road.” of course she increased her speed, pulling me faster.

“Shall?” why were we using fancy talk? “Wait! What appointment!! KAY!!”

A line of people emerged out of no where on the side of the street. “Did not think there was going to be a huge line already!” the mumble went nearly unheard as both of our sets of heels clicked on the brick sidewalk. Normally Kay was a flats or sneakers kinda girl, yet she had insisted on borrowing a pair of my heels. Looking over her denim shorts, cute white flowing shirt, and matching white bag, I began wondering what she was getting me into.

“Why are there so many people out here? Never seen a line before drinkin' time.” Readjusting my loose sliced up Sailor Jerry tank, I made sure it was still in place over my black shorts. “Do I get a little heads up on what this is all about?”

Pointing to the cell phone next to her ear, Kay finally stopped walking. “So just walk right up and-” looking up I could tell she was being told a crap load of important shit. “Ok I will see you in a few moments … yes.” Staring at me Kay smiled as she put her iPhone back into her pocket. “Let's go Ames.”

“I hate when you're enthusiastic!”

Cutting to the beginning of the line, I thought someone was going to kill us. Each person we passed looked more and more pissed off. Comments like Really? or You have to be fucking kidding me! flew at us for what seemed like no reason.

A big massive bouncer looking dude stood at the door with a even bigger looking friend in a matching security shirt. “Is this a muscle milk commercial shoot or something? You brought me to see hot dudes take their shirts off?”

“No, Ames, no.” Kay attempted not to laugh cause apparently the first bouncer had heard me. “But if you behave afterward …” She looked to the bouncers after patting my shoulder. “Hi, my name is Kristin Brannigan here to see Tony Arku.. um … Arku...”

Grinning the bouncer moved out of the way. “Tony is up in the balcony waiting for you girls.”
Pointing up the massive stairway as we walked into the building, I elbowed Kay “forgot his last name huh?”

“Least I don't forget it cause I was too wasted.”

Had nothing as a come back. Instead I quietly followed behind as we reached the upstairs. A small bar sat on the opposite side of the area where the only other person up there stood. Walking towards us we met halfway across the room. “Hello, Kristin right?” reaching a hand out to her Kay shook it. “My name is Tony, we had spoke on the phone.” nodding at each other I was surprised when he reached his hand out to me “You must be Amie. I am so happy you made this trip down from Albany to visit the location.” Yeah that's a great way to kick off a conversation. Thanks for driving down five hours for some unknown reason. Oh wait, I was the only one who didn't know why we were here.

“Oh it was nothing.” Kay tossed her hand in a careless matter. “So this is the space we would be reserving?” being so use to being left out, I instead wandered off and stood by the a railing. Down below a stage as being filled with what seemed like a whole band set up. Mics where hooked up to cords before being placed on stands, a drum kit was being assembled, and more cases where being rolled in place. “So that all sounds good. Any idea what the entertainment is that night?”

“Not yet, but as soon as we have it lined up, I will send you an e-mail.” turning around I was thankful I missed out on all their professional crap. “But you girls are more than welcome to spend your evening here and enjoy tonight's band. I would tell you the band name but I just can not pronounce it.” Shrugging, I headed to the bar. “And you can remain up here as a sample of how your event will be.” Shaking our hands each one more time I raised a brow at him. “And you can also enjoy a drink on the house for your long ride here.”

“Oh it was nothing.” I tossed out before sitting down at the bar. “How can we have a free drink without a bartender.” Tapping my fingers on the counter, I only stopped once Kay sat next to me. “So you mind telling me what the deal is?”

She looked away quickly “The girls and I got together and decided to have a joint birthday party.”

“And?”

“Look a bartender! Can I have a Jack on the rocks? Ames, want the same?” before giving me a chance to answer, my best friend looked back to the bartender “Stupid question, she wants a Jim on the rocks.” Staring at my friend, I took a sip from my drink before shaking my head and looking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
We have been working on this story since ... 12:30 AM February 2, 2012. This is an extreme re-write of a story we had on Quizilla back in the day. Some things have been changed, but HardcoreChick96 and I[ have tried to keep it as on track as possible. If you read Time With You you will notice that his is about 3 to 4 times longer with more details :) Hope everyone who read the previous version loves this re-write and new people fall in love with it as much as the rest of us loved the original!
-Irishfighter96