Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Countdown

(Kay’s POV)

Last day of work before my vacation. And of course I can’t get a moments rest from the craziness we were about to embark on.

“Kay!!!” The scream pulled me from the vault area of the bank where I was getting money from the manager.

The sight that greeted me wasn’t welcome. Not in the least. Clubby was standing there in her Batman costume with the grappling hook in her hand. The weapon was pointed at me and I almost dropped the money in my hands. Luckily Amid was standing there and he put a hand on my shoulder in a show of support.

“We are all here for you.” He said sweetly.

My eyes met his face in confusion. Then I glanced back to my friends who had begun to fill the bank lobby without anyone’s permission. Jaimie stood there in a Robin suit obviously enjoying the view it gave some of the male customers. She winked in my direction before walking over to talk to a random guy who had begun to stare at her openly. Her daughter stood there dressed in a mini version of Jaimie’s outfit, but instead of being slutty like her mom, Melody was adorable in her little red and green dress. The little girl ran and jumped into Clubby’s arms. The Batman ripoff lifted the girl onto her back before aiming the hook back at me. Then I noticed my only sane friend was there too. Kelly walked up to my window at the counter and smiled at me. I could see her blue eyes beneath the eye mask she was wearing. The rest of the outfit was what freaked me out. Instead of being a Batbitch she was a Ninja Turtle in a short dress and high boots. I really didn’t know what my friends had drunk that morning, but I was positive it was illegal.

“Two days left before we leave!!!” Clubby screamed at me while Melody giggled from her place on the crazy one’s back.

I was silent as I walked to my teller station and placed the money into my drawer. Then allowing myself to assess the situation, I decided it was safe to comment.

“What the hell are you guys doing?”

Kelly waved her hands at the other three before explaining. “We are superheroes and we’ve come to spring you from the joint.”

“Excuse me?” None of this made any sense to me at all.

“We even got you a costume Kay!” Clubby shouted in happiness. She held up an obviously altered Jokeresque costume. I stared at it dumbfounded. Why was I the Joker?

“Clubby…”

“I’m Batman!”

I paused before continuing. “Batman… Why are you springing the Joker from prison? Aren’t we enemies?”

Clubby paused for a moment as if she hadn’t thought this completely through. “Um… Hold on.”

Amid started to chuckle and I glared in his direction. I was going to stay something mean back to him, but apparently Clubby had her own version of payback. Sometimes the girl was a good person to have around… I did say sometimes.

“We got you one too Amid! You don’t have to be jealous.” Clubby held up another costume only this one was obviously Harley Quinn made a few sizes too big for anyone but the man.

Amid’s laughs stopped as fast as they had come. His wide eyes looked at me in silent plea. I smiled widely at him and turned back to Kelly as if she was a customer and this was any normal day. My mood had shot up suddenly at seeing him unsure of what to do.

“So what are we doing tonight?” I asked my friend as I strapped the money in my drawer.

“Sleeping. We have a long trip ahead of us and with this one,” She pointed over at Clubby who was now teaching Melody how to work the grappling hook, “We are gonna need all of the sleep we can get before this trip.”

“True, but we still have another night to go. Plus Aimee works late. She’s at the bar tonight.” I reminded her as I watched my boss walk out of his office and stare at Clubby and Melody. The girls had begun to shoot the grappling hook at the teller counter.

Seeing the manager, Kelly gave me a wide eyed glance. “Are we going to get you in trouble? That wasn’t my intention when I dressed up with them.”

“No… just Clubby.” I assured my friend with a smirk. “Watch as it unfolds.”

My manager put his hands on his hips and stared down the Batbitch. “Heather Dolbey!”

Clubby put Melody down onto the ground and the little girl ran for the safety of her mother. The Batman freak turned to face my manager and stared him down. “I don’t work here! You can’t fire me!”

“Get out of my bank!” The manager pointed at the door and Clubby, looking glum, began to walk towards it.

Once at the door however, she turned to face him. “You haven’t won Dent! I will find a way to bring you down!”

The door swung close behind her and I couldn’t help it when the laughing started.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank everyone who is reading! If you're wondering where Bam and Chad are, they will be appearing again soon!