Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

London to the Rescue

(Megan's POV)

The St. Patrick's Day show was upon us. Eva stood beside me at the bar near the entrance of the Note. We'd just gotten our first drinks of the night: Eva with a Guinness, me with a Jack Daniels on the rocks. Yeah, we were awesome.

Considering the fact that Eva had been born in Ireland, she was way more Irish than I could have ever been, but that didn't bother me. For one night, I could pretend to be Irish all I wanted. That's really what St. Patty's ended up being and no one really cared who was Irish and who wasn't. We all just got drunk and partied together.

Eva's dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail, her bangs brushing against her light eyes. I smiled at her as I smoothed back a few of my stray curls. I'd gone natural with my hair and it was already driving me nuts. Eva had assured me it was adorable. I'd believed her and was now regretting it. “Ready for an American St. Patty's?”

Her wide blue eyes met mine with what I could almost deduce as panic. “Is it going to be mad?” Her English accent was sharp as she took a long look around the slowly filling club. She was totally out of her element here.

I took a sip of the Jack in my glass and shook my head at the same time. “With Bam and crew? Never.”

Eva got the hint and frowned. “What have I gotten myself into?”

“Yes.” I agreed with a smirk. “What have you?”

Sticking her tongue out at me, the young woman glanced at the arriving guests. She was looking for our friends, but I knew the rest of them were going to arrive late while Kay and Ames were already setting up for their opening sequence. I was so looking forward to it. I took another sip of my drink when suddenly a man appeared to my right. Taking my glass away from my lips, I glanced over at him with a smug expression.

“She's not over here.” I told him at his dumbstruck face.

Chad, the moron, wiped the look from his face and cleared his throat. “I have no idea what you mean.”

I rolled my eyes to the ceiling then back to him. “You came over here to see if I've talked to Kay. I haven't, but I know where she is. She's getting ready to open for your show.”

“I didn't-”

“Stop the excuses, Chad. You didn't come all the way over here to make small talk with me and Eva. You've only ever met us like once or twice.” I felt accomplished as he stared at me speechless. “Exactly.”

His eyes darkened at the accusation, but he didn't respond. Instead, he completely changed the subject. Typical male. “What are you supposed to be doing? Guarding the door?”

I sent a smile that spoke volumes. Pretty much it said I was better than he was. If the shoe fits... “As a matter of fact, Eva and I are watching for crazies.”

“You've failed. Clubby's inside already.” Chad chuckled to himself before he sipped his beer.

I stared at him as the smile danced across his lips. He was so full of himself. What Kay saw in him I had no clue... “It's not Heather I'm protecting everyone from.”

Chad's brown eyes looked at me in mock surprise. “Really? I guess you didn't hear what happened at the bank with Kay...”

“I did and Heather apologized for it. She even tried to make amends. I-” I paused in my speech when Eva gripped my arm. A warning shot through my body at her touch and I moved my focus towards the front door of the Note. The group of people I noticed enter made my blood race. “Actually they just walked in.”

Chad had already seen the group and took off at a run through the crowd... towards the stage. He was obviously desperate to separate himself from the women who had arrived. I gritted my teeth in anger at the sight before me. Jaimie had shown up at the show, where she was clearly no longer wanted, with an entourage trailing behind her. A group that included women I'd never seen before and one I had. Christina.

I stared at my once close friend in disgust. Why did she trust Jaimie? The woman was completely batshit crazy. The things she'd done to Kay, Aimee, even her own daughter. I couldn't even to begin to describe how horrible she was. I wondering where her daughter was at this very moment.

“Hey ladies!” Jaimie called out as she made her way to where I stood with Eva. The European woman looked so confused that she continually glanced between the whore and I. “Seems I'm not the only one out looking to score.”

“Speak for yourself. None of us have to score. Men actually want to spend time with us outside of the bedroom.” I snapped at her before putting the empty glass I'd been drinking on the bar for a refill. If Jaimie was around, I was going to need it. My attention went to Christina next. “What the fuck are you doing here with her?”

Christina puffed herself up as if she were braver than she actually was. All I remember her being was a mouthy, yet persistent follower of Kay and I ever since we were kids. She'd never learned to make her own decisions. “Since you and your other friends ditched me by moving away-”

“Ditched you?” I repeated in disbelief. “Is that what people are calling 'growing up' now?”

Christina didn't get the opportunity to respond to my angry retort. In the next moment, Aimee's burgundy hair moved past me towards Jaimie before I had a chance to react. She pulled back her fist as if she were going to strike her when I jumped into action. Gripping my friend's arm as tightly as I could, I pulled her away from Jaimie before she had a chance to land her attack. Aimee spun on me next.

“What are you doing?” She asked angrily, trying desperately to pull her arm from me. I wouldn't let go.

“Saving you from spending the night in jail.” I told her honestly. “Besides- you have a show to do.” I motioned my head towards the stage where the roadies were finishing the setup. “Go.”

Aimee glared at me, but I know she didn't mean anything by it. She walked into the crowd towards the stage, her burgundy hair disappearing into the dark of the club. I took in the expression on Jaimie's face and caught myself smiling despite the situation.

“Next time I might not be there to stop her.” I told Jaimie with a grin.

My old friend jerked back to reality and faced me with a disdainful countenance. “Whatever. Let's go girls.”

She walked into the crowd with her posse following her. I couldn't help it when I called after her. “Be careful Jaimie! You might not be so lucky when you cross her again!”

Jaimie flipped me off as she walked away. She was safe for now and she knew it. But I knew this night was far from over. Kay still hadn't seen her yet and God only knew what that would bring up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my final update for this week. I'm going away for the holiday and I won't be able to post any chapters. IrishFighter is busy as well so we've decided to postpone any new chapters until next week. Have a good holiday everyone! (To anyone who celebrates American Thanksgiving)