Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Cheaters, Sluts and the Hardcore Chick

(Kay's POV)

The opening song was a hit. Even though the crowd was primarily made up of CKY fans, for some reason, seeing two young women in tiny outfits and dancing around onstage brought cheers from even the most hardcore of males. We strutted off stage to chants and catcalls. It was beyond what I'd ever thought to expect of the night. Grabbing a bottle of beer from Carl's hand, I chugged it while Aimee settled herself in a seated position on the stage with her own beer. She had taken to staring down Deron and I was tempted to join her, but I needed to get out of the spotlight.

I had decided to wear a pair of denim shorts since the weather had taken on a warmer temperature recently. My green t-shirt sported the logo for the Boston Celtics and my Converse sneakers were black with green shoelaces. A pair of tall white socks with green strips were on my feet. A fake shamrock tattoo had been applied to my right cheek. My long waves had been thrown into a messy ponytail and swung back and forth with each step I took.

Leaving the backstage area, I made my way through the crowd towards the main bar. I could see Megan's mass of curls and Eva's dark ponytail over the heads of the crowd. They had parked themselves there when they arrived and hadn't moved since. Skipping over to them, I threw my arms around them excitedly.

“My girls! Oh how I've missed the two of you!” I called out over the loud banging of Jess' drum kit.

Eva grinned at my words. “Hello, love. How have you been?”

“Wonderful! Well as wonderful as I could be!” I laughed when Megan rolled her eyes at my enthusiasm.

“You're nuts.” She said before taking a sip of her drink.

“That's a compliment to a person from West Chester.” I said with a shrug. I put my bottle of beer to my lips and took a long drink.

“I will have to take that to heart.” Eva said with a shy smile. “I was thinking of getting a work visa and moving over.”

I nearly spit my beer out at her words. “What? For how long?”

Eva shrugged and looked away as if she were uncomfortable. “Maybe permanently.”

“What?!” Megan and I said at the same time.

“You're abandoning me?” Megan asked while I inquired, “When?”

Eva began to gulp her beer so that she wouldn't have to respond to our questions. I chuckled to myself at the reaction. Eva had no idea how much her life would change if she truly moved to the US permanently.

“If you moved here, we could have fun all the time!” I said with a wave of my hands.

Megan leveled her with a glare. “Don't even think about it.”

Eva glanced between the two of us, obviously nervous that she'd done something wrong. Before I could open my mouth to let her know otherwise, a voice appeared out of nowhere.

“Kay! It's been a while!”

I felt my spine stiffen at the grating sound of Jaimie's voice. Turning to face her, I raised my eyebrows up in expectation. “Why are you here?”

Jaimie looked taken aback by my nasty response. She waved her hand towards the stage where the guys played their set, unaware of what was taking place by the bar. “I'm here to support my friends.”

“You have friends?” I asked with a snort. “That's a shocker.”

Jaimie's lips thinned at the shot I took. After a moment, those lips turned into an awful smirk. “I happen to have plenty of friends. Even ones you thought were yours for a long time.”

I didn't like what she was insinuating. “What is that supposed to mean?”

Megan and Eva watched the exchange in silence, but I could almost feel their anger radiating from their forms. Neither of them wanted this girl near them and I didn't blame them at all.

Jaimie, picking at the hem of her tank top as if she were bored with our conversation, continued, “How was your Valentine's day this year?”

Her gaze found mine and all I could muster was a glare.

Her smile widened extensively. “Oh that's right. Josh was with me that night. Not you. It must have been really lonely with your boyfriend warming my bed.”

My hands clenched then relaxed twice before I could find my voice to respond. “I know you were the one Ethan cheated on me with.” Jaimie's eyes seemed to register shock which she tried to hide. It was clear she hadn't intended on me ever finding out about that. “He was a dick and after a few weeks, I didn't give a shit. You slept with Josh and it's only been a short time since I ended it with him, but he was a dick too.” Her eyes narrowed as she realized what I was getting on about. “I don't really care what you do with assholes, Jaimie. You've actually done me a favor. Both times.”

I turned to the bar once more in order to ignore her when she spoke out again.

“Well how about this? I slept with Chad about a week or so ago. Does that hit a sore spot?”

My head swung back towards her at that. She smiled as if she knew the answer to that question without having to really ask me. My eyes swept to the stage where Chad was busy playing his heart out to the crowd. His dark hair hung in his eyes as he jammed away, his leather jacket reflecting the light surrounding the stage. My hand curled into a fist of its own volition. Finally returning my gaze to Jaimie's smug face, I pulled back my fist and let loose on her.