Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Eggster

(Aimee's POV)

I snuggled up with my Kindle and opened up the novel I had been reading. Believing I had solved the story's mystery, I wanted to reach the end and find out if I was right. Such stories helped take my mind off the stress going on around us.

VLB had become MTV's most watched show. You would think it would mean we wouldn't have as much promoting to do, but not with my luck. Flying between Philly and LA so much had caused me to memorize where each terminal was inside each airport. I could almost navigate the Californian city with no problem. As it was, everyone thought we were in Cali filming promotional shit.

The water in the bathroom turned off just before the sound of a towel being removed from the rack echoed into the room. We just needed some down time and it had taken a lot of effort to convince everyone we weren't in town on a holiday. I mean, we had no kids, why would we really do anything for Easter? But Ape had tried for a whole month to get us to skip filming and be with the Margera clan. To be honest, I would rather sit on a plane than deal with a house full of screaming over sugared children and the likes of Vito.

Sipping from my nice warm cup of coffee, I attempted to ignore my boyfriend's flashing attempt. Why he had run into the closet when he had already taken clothes into the bathroom was beyond me, but I wasn't going to remind him. "So what should we do today?"

Raising my Kindle up in the air as a form of answering, I was given a sigh. "Unless you have something better in mind."

Before Bam pitched his idea, the sound of glass shattering from the floor below us caused both of us to freeze. No one should have been here.

Without words, both of us lunged for the bedroom door, Bam only wearing boxers and me in my PINK pants and a HIM shirt. Someone had walked down the stairs to the kitchen as we looked over the banister. Then we went into pursuit. Not only was this person not supposed to be in our house, but what if they spread word of us being home?

Reaching the kitchen first, Bam stopped himself early and sighed. The only thing was that I hadn't known he had stopped. I bumped into him and pushed around to see our intruder.

"Rake and his wife said we couldn't do this at the house anymore so we came here to finish."

She was kidding right!?!

Heather and some random girl I hadn't seen before were covered in dyes that were obviously meant for the four dozen eggs that were already hard boiled on various counters. Probably less with how many broken eggs were on the floor.

"I don't want to know." Bam spun around me and started walking back up the stairs. He had been shaking his head the whole way up. "Find somewhere else to do your eggs."

A smirk grew on Heather's face that told me Bam had fucked up. "I'll just go to Ape's. I wonder what she'd say if she knew you guys lied about LA."

Before I knew it, we were getting dressed and heading to Ape's. Since the Audi was way faster than Heather's beat up SUV, we had time to stop and grab coffee on the way and still beat the 30 mph junker. But then again, Heather had been riding the thing to Guitar Central every day she worked there before she got fired.

Surprised was an understatement when we got to Ape's house with our warm lattes to find Heather waiting for us. In the driveway was the blue Lamborghini. How she had gotten the keys was beyond me until I remembered that they were next to the vase in the living room. It must have been what the moron broke.

Climbing out from the car, I took in the sight before me. She had one of the lawn chairs out and was relaxing with a beer, bunny ears on her head and a basket of eggs next to her. She wore an Easter shirt and a pair of jeans, both covered in dye.

"You might want to find the 15 dozen eggs we hid before Ape and Phil get back from their Easter breakfast." Her new friend sat next to her grinning as the sound of an engine approached. "Too late."