Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Clubby the Fool

(Aimee's POV)

April 1st had turned from a nice spring day into a full on prank war in about an hour if that. Everyone had seemed to be in the area so of course they stopped by. Kay was supposed to be helping make a cake for Shitbirdz birthday and Abbey was our supplier since we were still banned from the grocery store in town and the other store was doing renovations. It was supposed to be just the three of us but Abbey brought Novak, who called a couple people on the way.

By noon the house was full and then it started.

Novak had tripped and spilled his beer on Heather and she thought it was on purpose. To retaliate, she went onto the balcony and into my bathroom. There, she and her random friend from her Easter stunt, dumped the small garbage pail. After it was filled with water, the idiots walked onto the balcony and dumped it onto the people who were standing where Novak had just left.

Deron, Chad and Jess looked up with soaked heads causing Heather to bolt back into the bathroom and lock the door. Going to run after her, Chad attempted to run up the stairs but knocked Jimmy on his ass.

After all that it turned into two teams: Bam, Novak, Deron, Chad, Jess, Matty J. and myself on one team while the other team consisted of Clubby, her friend Lisa, Abbey, Kay, Jimmy Pop, Evil Jared and Dico.

***

Managing to pop open the door to Dico and Heather's room, I walked towards the bed and dropped my duffle bag of supplies to the floor. I had much work to do and the quicker I got it done, the more shit I could set up at the other houses. Heather had dumped the garbage pail all over me and Bam's bed so now I was going to return the favor. The only thing getting in the way was my cell constantly ringing. But it kept showing the Guitar Central number so I simply ignored it and got to work.

It was maybe a half hour into my creation when I heard footsteps coming. "Babe are you almost done? They spotted Novak and the others at Duffers so-" His steps stopped at the doorway. "I'm confused."

The room had looked like it had been cleaned, but it was quite the opposite. "Just about 10 minutes more and we are good to go."

"The purpose was not to go all Ape and clean the mess and call it a prank." He walked in closer and I held my hand up at him. "You have been spending too much time with my mother."

I shook my head as I placed the lampshade back on the bedside lamp. "You almost set off the catapult of tacks." Pointing under the bed, Bam's face turned into one of appreciation. "Mayo bomb bed since you know they will be shitfaced drunk and won't realize it right away, the lamps have strobes to blind them and I switched their shampoos with dog soap."

"I think I love you."

I shooed him out before switching the room's electronics to French. The TV would only play the French channels, which were only two channels, the computer was in French, I even replaced the remote with a French universal one. It was going to take them forever to fix it all.

Strolling back to the Audi, I hopped in. "Didn't you have a bag?"

"Remember when Kay used to work at a bank and joked about the dye packs that you put in with a robbery bag?" He nodded once. "I figured since Heather tried robbing a bank …"

My phone went off again and as before it was Guitar Central. Finally giving in, I raised the phone to my ear. "Yeah?"

"Ames, it's Benny." The assistant manager informed me. I hadn't talked to him after Heather and I got fired, but I assumed it was mostly because he had been working his ass off with doing the new store manager's job. "Can you come get Heather before Todd shows up?"

Even in the middle of a prank war we sped off to help the enemy escape being arrested. Maybe the real reason was to see what the moron had actually done, but I was sticking to helping if anyone asked.

She had completely wrecked the store and I wasn't sure if she did it as a prank, even though no one on our team gave a shit, or if it was revenge for getting fired. Either way, we had arrived at the same time as Todd and got her out in the nick of time. Pointing her and Lisa into the trunk, we closed it and drove off. On the way to Duffers, I had gotten a phone call from Benny saying he had gotten fired for defending Heather.

After the war was over, we had realized how bad our room and house was and opted to sleep at Phil and Ape's. Even if it meant helping them search for the rotten eggs that were missing somewhere in the house. The only trace of them was the disgusting smell.