Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

LFA

(Aimee's POV)
Cars started looking the same after an afternoon of shopping. I had sent the Mercedes out again for work and I didn't want to keep beating on it as my daily car. The mechanic I was taking it to was getting way too comfortable with my car and with it being a vintage, I wanted to baby it.

I didn't want another Mercedes and felt like I was replacing my baby for another newer one. Audi didn't have anything that jumped out at me and the same with Ford, Chevy or Dodge. A Lamborghini would be overkill since there was already two of them in the driveway and both had issues. "Let's stop at the Lexus dealership and then get dinner.”

Nodding, I was on the verge of giving up. I didn't feel picky as much as I felt like not wasting my first new car opportunity on something I wasn't going to like. "Sounds like a plan."

The second we pulled in the lot, I felt my jaw drop.

A super sexy pink sports car stared at us and I jumped from the Audi before Bam had even come to a full stop. There were black accents in just the right places to balance the perfect shade of pink that consumed the body. The lines of the car were perfect.

"Hi. How are you doing today?" A car salesmen approached with a sly smile. "I see you are looking at-"

"I want this car, how soon can I drive it off the lot?" I got it out quick, not being in the mood for the gimmicks. So many of the salesmen we had met that day just didn't know how to shut up. Bam's laughter only frightened the man. "I know you have an answer for me in that head of yours."

Fumbling for words, the older man looked at my car and back at me "Miss, this isn't for sale. It's a touring car in support of breast cancer."

"Which ended in October. Every car on a lot is for sale, where is the manager?!?!" I caused Bam to go into further hysterics as the guy almost ran inside the building.

Placing an arm around my waist, Bam planted his chin on my shoulder. "I'm guessing you found the one?"

The theme from my new obsession started playing from my bag. The Walking Dead ring-tone caused Bam to roll his eyes.

"Hey Ames." Kelly's voice greeted my ears in a nervous tone. "Things happened and Heather might have been arrested."

Was I suppose to be surprised? "What is the charge this time?"

"Aggravated Assault." Silence filled the line as I turned and stared at Bam. "Are you still there Aimee?"

Shaking the shock from my head, I managed to answer. "I think I am. What the fuck happened?"

Kelly told me how Heather and Dico had shown up at her apartment and questioned her and Dan about how Ethan cheated on Kay. They knew it had happened, just not that Jaimie was his whore. But then again that was news to all of us. Heather went out for an alleged walk and never returned. The police called Dico since Heather had given him as her emergency contact and he rushed out the door.

"Alright Kelly, let me finish here and I'll grab some stuff before I come up." I promised when I saw the car salesmen approaching with an older man who seemed to be of some relation to the first one. "You have keys ready?"

After looking to his younger relative, the older man looked at me then at Bam as if he held the clue. "I would have no problem selling you this car, but the paint on it... well isn't paint. It's only a wrap."

I stared at him in disbelief. “What-”

“A wrap is almost like a huge sticker” The salesman started to explain only to stop when Bam started laughing again.

"I know what a wrap is and I know it will hold up while I use it until you can get my custom version in." I spat it out quickly with attitude lacing every word. "I think this will make a perfect rental car and the sooner you guys get your work done, the more of the wrap I'll keep on it."

Bam followed me home as I tested the car's handling, or at least that is what I had told the three police officers that pulled me over. After our constant police meetings, I had started supporting the PBA and it had been paying off. By giving them money to there PBA, I had saved a lot of money on speeding tickets. I honestly think 2 out of 3 cops pulled me over just to check the car out. One even asked if he could sit in the driver's seat.

I had called Kay and told her to meet me at the house for an Albany trip so I wasn't surprised to see her waiting outside the house with a book-bag. She was more than shocked to see my car though. "Where the hell did you get this from? Play Grand Theft Auto too much lately?" I opened the trunk for her to toss her bag in before heading towards Bam for my good-bye kiss. "Did you steal this?"

"No. Wanna stop in Philly first for road trip cheese steaks?" Kay's eyes widened at my idea and it actually caused us to never get to Albany. Instead, we ended up calling backup in for a night of Philly drinking.