Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Interior Designer

(Aimee's POV)

For a week or so after the break in, I had stayed at Phil and Ape's house. By then Bam had returned to PA, but after fighting over the safety of the house, I decided to stay longer. It wasn't until Tammy was arrested that I would have even considered living there again. It was the first fight we ever had. It was another reason I stayed at his parents.

Driving through the Dunkin Donuts in the LFA, which Kay finally returned after receiving a few too many speeding tickets, I ordered my coffee and waited to pull up to the window. Think the main reason Kay had kept the car so long was because she somehow knew I wasn't ready to be noticed yet. For the past few weeks, I only left when I had to and when that happened, I disguised myself. I didn't want to be hounded for details.

I pulled into the driveway of the house and attempted to view it as I had a month ago. The way I saw it before the first break in. To forget that night I left with four broken ribs. I didn't blame Bam for not being there as he assumed... just for not understanding how I couldn't sleep in that room again. I had missed my boyfriend the past few weeks and tossed and turned each night without him there.

Walking in the front door, I looked around and saw no one there. A crashing noise from the upstairs caused me to jump and begin to shake as I couldn't help but scream. Maybe I wasn't ready for this yet.

Before I could crash to the ground, arms caught me just in time. "Babe, I didn't know you were coming home today."

"I texted you an hour ago." Regaining some composure, I looked into those blue eyes and forgot all the fighting. Voices from Chad and Jess rose above the music that was blaring upstairs. "What are you guys doing now?"

Lips that I had wanted for a month finally landed on mine, yet pulled away too quickly. "Come find out."

Looking around the bedroom, I was in complete awe. It was completely changed around and painted differently. The bathroom was now a huge walk in closet and the p;d closet was now a nice sitting area with books on the shelves. The room to the left was converted into a huge bathroom with a beautiful Jacuzzi tub. The walls were a lighter purple than the royal purple bedroom. It was all beautiful and the fact that Bam had thought of this project on his own caused tears to roll down my face.

After spending the rest of the day planning out how to switch around the rest of the house, I started to bake some well needed treats for my hard workers. The only down part of the day was watching interior designer Chad map out the living and dining rooms. It was just a scary experience when you are used to him as CIG.

"I'm going... to the bathroom." Jess mentioned out of nowhere. The weird part was Chad getting up to follow him. Before I could question them, the reason for their actions stood in front of me.

Carina Brannigan.

Placing the cookie sheet into the oven first, I then sat on the stool to finish stringing the guitar I had bought to replace the one broken in the break in.

"Do they even know how good you are?"

At baking?

"Yeah. Jess ate the whole last batch I made before they even got to cool down."

Pointing at the guitar, my adopted younger sister shook her head. "You know what I meant. You played in so many different bands in college and play really well." Walking down towards the bathroom, she leaned on the door. "Bye guys!" Strutting back towards the door she came in, though she waved to both myself and Bam, who had come down after hearing the oven door open. "I have work to do."

Seeing his brother and his friend exit the bathroom, Bam smirked. "Found a new employee."