Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Unbelievable

(Carina's POV)

It was the day before Kelly and Dan's wedding. The wedding party and their significant others were supposed to meet at a shooting range for some gun play. I was a part of the wedding party along with my sister, Aimee, a newly Americanized Eva and Ten Year Vamp's lead singer, Debbie. I had to admit that Kelly had good taste when it came to picking out her bridesmaids and I was excited to see who Dan had made his groomsmen.

I already knew that Dico was Dan's best man. It was odd to say the least. The two men didn't know each other very long, but their friendship was definitely one for the history books. They, along with the help of Captain Clubby, reigned terror on both West Chester and Albany that I heard had been epic. Kay, who was the maid of honor, was going to have her hands full walking beside Dico. It was going to be the highlight of my night.

Bam Margera, Aimee's love, was a groomsman and would be walking down the aisle beside his girlfriend. It would be nice to see them together in some kind of formal wear. I think this might be the first time since meeting Bam that he'd be dressed like a normal person. Dan had also invited two of his old high school friends down to Pennsylvania to be in the wedding party. Mike Davidson would be walking with Debbie and considering they were nearly the same height, it was going to be funny to watch when Debbie put her heels on.

Eva had to walk with a man by the name of Rob Alloway. From where I stood beside my sister and her boyfriend, I could study him without being noticed. He was a fair man with dusty blonde hair and blue eyes. He was cute to me, which was a pretty difficult feat in itself to acquire, but Eva and he didn't seem to get along. Whenever he said something funny, she would either roll her eyes or walk away. I didn't see what was so annoying about him, but then again, I was the fun one in the group.

Speaking of fun, my eyes found the guy I was walking with tomorrow. This was the first time I'd ever met Jimmy Pop, although I felt like I already knew him through all of the stories Aimee and Kay had told me. Jimmy wasn't a good friend of Dan's, not like Dico was of course, but his antics and all around silly nature drew the men together. After meeting Jimmy once, Dan was immediately adamant that he was to be in the wedding. I was pretty sure it was so that Jimmy could help plan the bachelor party.

“You're awfully quiet.” Kay said from beside me. She was looking at me with that big sisterly concern. It was irritating. She reminded me too much of our mother when she did that. “Is something wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong, Kay.” I told my sister with an eye roll. “I'm people watching.”

“If your sister could refrain from staring at me, I'd appreciate it.” Rob said to Kay with a laugh. “I mean- I know I'm beautiful-”

Eva scoffed and walked to Kelly's side, trying to avoid Rob. With a wink in his direction, I turned away to wander around the range. Aimee and Bam were busy having a shooting competition leaving the rest of us waiting for our turns. Dico had the great idea of girls vs. guys in a shooting competition. So far, the girls were winning.

“There's my partner.” Jimmy said as he descended on where I was. I smiled at him brightly, glad for his company. He knew how to make people laugh. Tossing an arm over my shoulders, he glanced down at me with a goofy smirk. “Where are you off to?”

“Going to stalk Bam and his woman. Care to join me?”

“Join you in stalking Bam's girlfriend?” Jimmy asked, putting his free hand to his chin in contemplation. In the next moment, he put a finger up with excitement. “That's my favorite thing to do! How did you know?”

I doubled over in laughter at the look on his face. I had no idea how I never met this man before, but I was grateful I had.