Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Morning Of

(Kay's POV)

“I absolutely love these dresses!” Carina gushed as she spun in a circle causing her skirt to poof up.

Kelly, who was in a robe still getting her makeup done, smiled despite the woman blobbing foundation on her fair skin. “I'm glad I have good taste.”

“The color is beautiful too.” Eva said with a sweet smile. “Good choice, love.”

“If Kay didn't mention the idea of an apple themed wedding, none of this would have been possible.” Kelly admitted with a laugh. “She's knows me too well.”

“Says the woman who eats applesauce with everything.” I said with a shake of my head and a smile on my face. “I'm just thankful it's warmer today. Otherwise these dresses might not have been a good idea.”

“Says the woman who chose a short dress.” Kelly shot back jokingly.

I rolled my eyes dramatically before collapsing into the chair beside her. “Whatever.”

My sarcastic reply caused giggles to break out between Eva and Carina. I ignored them as the hairstylist started on my hair. I was going with an easy and cute autumn style. My long auburn hair was going to be curled and left down. I didn't want to have to worry about it and curls would be the easiest thing to do. Kelly, on the other hand, was going dramatic for the first time I've known her, and was putting her long wavy blonde hair up in an enormous bun where every curl the woman had put into her hair would be noticeable. Kelly was forgoing the traditional veil and instead had decided to put a clip of a bright red apple into her hair.

Carina, who's hair was already finished, had decided to leave the majority of her bright blonde hair down with waves, but part of it was french braided from the front around her head and ended on the other side. Red flowers were strewn through it and it looked beautiful. Eva had decided to do an up-do like the bride, but in many ways very different. Her dark hair had been parted on the left side while the hair was all gathered at the base of her neck on the right side. The hair was tucked underneath and secured so it wouldn't fall out. Her bangs, which had grown out since March, were swept to the side where the bun was and secured in little spirals.

“Where is Aimee?” Eva managed to ask in between her giggles a few minutes later. “I haven't seen her since last night.”

Kelly was the one to answer. “I actually sent her on a Debbie retrieving mission. The woman got herself lost in downtown Philly and I can't go myself.” I could see she wanted to desperately roll her eyes, but she curbed the desire. “The damn woman would forget her head if it wasn't attached.”

“Sometimes I wonder if it is attached.” Carina said out of nowhere which created another round of the giggles.

Aimee hurried in not long after with her hair already finished, but her makeup not. “I swear I'm going to kill Gabrione!” She almost looked on the verge of murder. “If she doesn't show up for the wedding, Ten Year Vamp might actually need to look for a new singer.”

“Nice hair.” I said, not even acknowledging the fact she'd spoken. The last thing we needed on Kelly and Dan's wedding day was a murdered bridesmaid.

Aimee lifted her hands as if to smooth it down. “Does it look alright? I swear I lost half of it in my stress driving around downtown.”

“It's gorge.” Carina said with a flip of her hand. I gritted my teeth at the stupid way she'd been speaking as of late. I didn't know if it was her college friends who talked like that or if she didn't even realize she did it.

Aimee's burgundy hair was straightened and pulled halfway back. The pulled back portion was in a ponytail with a bump on the top of her head. A pretty black headband with red rhinestones was the finishing touch and I had to admit it looked great together. Parts of the front of her hair kept falling into her face, but it still looked beautiful. Aimee grabbed a glass of champagne from the table before settling down next to me.

“Plus Bam took forever in West Chester. I swear that man worries about his appearance more than I do.” Aimee muttered as the second makeup artist started on her.

The statement made me think about Chad and I smiled. “What are we going to do with them, Ames?”

“Who?” She asked, obviously not realizing where my thoughts had gone.

“The guys.” I said with a shake of my head. My hair was finally done and it was perfect. “Bam and Chad?”

Aimee put on her thinking face while taking a sip of her drink when Eva spoke up from behind us. “Umm... Marry them?”

At those words, my mouth dropped open in shock while Aimee nearly choked on her champagne. Kelly laughed at our reactions while Eva just struggled when we turned our eyes on her. I guess the girl had a point there.