Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Something There

(Chad's POV)

The ceremony was nice and quick. I mean, I wasn't saying that it wasn't enjoyable to watch two people I kinda knew marry one another, but the open bar was calling my name. Bam and I had made a pact to get to the bar before the rest of the insane ones could. Of course, when that group included Dico and Clubby, anything was possible. I was thankful that Dico was the best man which meant he'd be otherwise occupied while the rest of us got wasted. Plus Debbie Gabrione, the lead singer of the Albany band, Ten Year Vamp, had taken to drinking out of the flask she'd somehow managed to shove into the bouquet she carried. The woman was literally me in female form. It was a little creepy.

Sitting at the table I shared with Clubby, Jesse Margera, his wife Kelly, Beth and her boyfriend, Chris Raab, I glanced at the doors where the wedding party would be announced. Glancing at my cell, I noticed they had less than five minutes before that would happen.

“You're so impatient.” Beth said as she glanced over at me. “The bar will be there in an hour too ya know.”

I glared at her, but I wasn't seriously mad at her. She knew me too well for that. “I was looking for Kay.”

“Sure you were. It's why Bam keeps texting you right?”

Damn it. She caught me. “Fuck.”

She laughed quietly and turned back to whatever she and Kelly had been talking about. Clubby kept bouncing in her seat in her desire to see Dico and Jesse, who was trying like me to ignore her, was drowning himself in the water that had been on our table. I had to keep from laughing at the horror on his face. I don't know why Kelly had put the crazy one in between us, but I was pretty sure Aimee had something to do with that. Chris had taken off sometime earlier to use the restroom, but I hadn't seen him in a while.

“If I could have your attention please, it's time for the announcement of the bride and groom.” A man with a microphone said, capturing everyone's attention. I glanced and watched as one by one, the wedding party filed in. Finally, Kay walked in on Brandon DiCamillo's arm looking as if she were about to burst into laughter. Her hair was down and curly, the way I loved it. She practically glowed as she joined the rest of her friends on the side of the room. Kay was a remarkably strong and independent woman. I knew how lucky I was that she'd chosen me and I knew she was the one I wanted a future with. The thought still shook me as it echoed in my mind, but it was true. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else nor did I want to.

Kay finally caught up with me around halfway through the four hour reception. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and kissed my cheek, her long hair brushing over my cheek. I turned and glanced up into her blue-green eyes which practically sparkled in her happiness.

“Having fun?” She asked me as she pulled back. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her onto my lap. She breathlessly laughed at the move and met my gaze.

“Now I am.” I pressed my lips to hers and tasted her lip gloss. Apples, just like the theme. When I was finished, I pulled back so I could stroke her hair. When I could find my voice, it came out in a growl. “You look amazing.”

“Oh God.” Kay groaned as she made to leave my lap. My grip at her waist tightened so she couldn't move. “Are you seriously thinking about sex right now?”

“When don't I think about sex?” I asked seriously though it was clear she didn't like the question. “So what do you say to a quickie in the bathroom?”

“Umm... no.” She said as I finally allowed her to stand. I knew what her answer was going to be, but if I got enough whiskey in her that answer might change...

“Woohoo!” Dico's distinct voice cut through the room. Both Kay and I glanced up to see Dico and a very drunk Heather run from the room.

“I wonder what they're up to now.” Kay said with a sigh. She sank into Heather's vacant seat and glanced at me. “Actually I don't want to know.”

I chuckled before gulping down my whiskey. I knew how lucky I was to have her, but I didn't know what she truly wanted out of this relationship. Was it time to go to the next level? Did I tell her how I felt? That I loved her...

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as she talked to Kelly and Beth across the table. I really truly did love her. I had no idea when or how it happened, but I couldn't live without her and I had to do something about it. I knew that. I was just lost on what.

“Oh my God.” Beth's voice cut through my swirling thoughts. I glanced up to see the horror and disbelief on her face. I turned to look at what she was staring at and nearly died from laughter at what I saw. “What is he doing?”

Chris Raab had joined Dico and Heather in their drinking games. This was going to be a night to remember.