Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Anything but Ordinary

(Kay's POV)

“HEATHER!” I screamed at the Pirate wannabe. “You can't drink anything from the bar!”

Aimee appeared out of nowhere lifting the drink from the woman's hand. Clubby frowned before putting her hand on her belly. This was the third time tonight we had to stop her.

“This is going to take some practice.” She admitted a little sheepishly. “I wish I could drink.”

“I know, Heather, but you and Brandon decided to have a child. That means no drinking at all.” I told her while trying to fight a smile. “It'll get easier.”

“It will?” Heather looked so hopeful that I just nodded.

The crazy one skipped over to her husband who was talking to Jess Margera and Chris Raab. I laughed as she collapsed onto Brandon's lap and full on made out with him in front of the guys. Jess, who looked disgusted, walked away. Chris stared at them as if he were studying a new species of animal.

“I cannot believe they reproduced.” Aimee responded before drinking Heather's drink. “It's literally terrifying.”

“I'm more concerned with the fact that nature let them reproduce.”

Aimee choked on her drink. All I did was wave goodbye to my friend before walking into the crowd looking for my boyfriend. I spotted him drinking and chatting it up with the guys from the 69 Eyes. It almost made me laugh. Chad was so weird at times. First he'd complain about the guys and the next thing I knew, he was hanging out with them. He really needed to learn how to be consistent.

He noticed me when I was about to join their group. “Hey babe- Have you met the 69 Eyes? This is Jurki-”

I waved my hand to stop him from continuing. “We've met many times.”

Chad glanced between the band members and myself with a look of shock. “Really? Where was I?”

“Avoiding me.” I told him with a laugh. Chad's eyebrows were drawn together as if it bothered him to be reminded of that time in our relationship. I smiled at him. “It’s alright. I’ve forgiven you.”

Chad rolled his eyes making Jurki and Bazie laugh. Jussi smiled while the other two looked confused. I guess they didn’t realize how Chad and I were before we were a couple. My boyfriend kissed my forehead before smiling. “I’m going for another drink. Need a refill?”

I shook my head. He left for the bar leaving me alone with the Finnish rockers. I looked at Jurki who was watching me with a smirk. “What?”

“You finally got him. Congratulations. What was it that Bam said?” The thick accent made it a little hard to understand him, but I’d had spoke to the man multiple times and could work out what he was saying. I didn’t like that Margera was talking about me to Finnish rock stars though. “Oh yes. Getting the two of you together is like getting teeth pulled.”

I scoffed. “Bam’s an ass.”

Jurki nodded as if he agreed with me. “He is at times, yes.”

I stood and chatted with the guys for a moment more before glancing towards the bar. Chad hadn’t returned yet which was odd. The man got jealous easily and me talking with a bunch of attractive Finnish men was bound to drive him nuts. He was still by the bar with his drink in his hand.

He was arguing with Jesse.

The two of them were having trouble concerning CKY and couldn't stay out of each other's way. Now it looked as if it might finally come to a head.

“Shit.” I said as Chad, leaving his drink on the bar-top, walked outside with Jess. Glancing at the men who now looked confused, I smiled weakly. “I have to go.”

I rushed out after the two men before anyone could stop me to ask where I was going. I needed to stop the two of them from making a huge mistake and putting their friendship so deeply in the hole that they’d never be able to come back out of it again. Once I was outside in the spring night air, which had cooled down considerably since the warm day we had, I shivered as I searched the dark for my boyfriend and his band-mate. When no sign of them appeared, I continued farther around the house to where the forest waited. That is when I noticed Chad standing at the edge of the property looking at the night sky.

Hurrying to where he stood, I stopped a few feet away when I realized Jess wasn’t with him. Glancing around, I didn’t see the tall Margera anywhere. In terror, I ran to the edge of the forest and looked in.

“What are you looking for?” Chad asked with humor in his voice.

“Did you stash Jess' body in the woods?” I said in panic. “If you committed murder Chad, I swear to God-”

His arms wrapped around my waist halting my tirade. Glancing over my shoulder so I could see his face, I noticed he wasn’t even looking at me.

“Where is Jesse, Chad?” I asked next, suspiciously.

He chuckled causing my whole body to vibrate along with it. “He’s fine.”

“Then why did you leave with him like that? You scared me half to death!” I told him, turning around to level a furious glare at him.

Chad’s gaze left the star studded sky above us to look into my eyes. His mood was light and happy so why was I so terrified? He hadn’t killed Jess, but none of this made any sense. “Jess went back into the party. I didn’t need him anymore.”

“You didn’t need him anymore? Chad- what is going on?”

My boyfriend didn’t speak. Instead, the next thing I knew, he was bending down on one knee with my hands in his. Understanding came over me then.

“Oh my God. This was a setup.”

“Babe- can you stop talking?” Chad asked with a laugh.

I shut my lips together tightly and nodded.

With a chuckle, he continued. “I love you. I just never realized how much I needed to be with you until recently. I want you to be my wife. I want us to have a family together, Kay. I know there are a millions reasons I don’t deserve you, but I only needed one to know you were the One.” He paused to pull out a ring box. When he opened it, I nearly cried. “You make me a better man, Kay, and I love everything about that. I love everything about you and the life we’ve built together. Will you be my wife?”

The ring was simple. It was me. A white gold band was polished to its brightest shine with a center stone of blue sapphire. Small white diamonds were dotted along the band on either side of the sapphire. It was perfect.

“Chad- you don’t even have to ask. Of course I’ll marry you.” I said, tears of happiness spilling over to my cheeks.

He slid the ring onto my finger before standing to pull me into one of the best kisses of my life.

I was going to get married.

I was going to be Mrs. Chad Ginsburg.

I was finally getting my happily ever after and it was anything but ordinary.
♠ ♠ ♠
IrishFighter96 and I started this story back in the days of Quizilla. It was around 2008 and we were still just beginning as fan fiction writers. The story had started out as a one-shot that just never seemed to end. Every time we though of a way to end it, something else would happen in our lives that would inspire us to continue on.

This version of the story was started in February of 2012 and only covers a third of the original story line. With that said, this is the same number of chapters as the original version. We poured our hearts and souls into this story and even added a good friend into the mix.

To say that the story ends here is a complete lie. We're not entirely sure if we'll ever pick it up again, but I won't say that it'll never happen.

Thank you to all of our readers, our subscribers and to those few who left comments. It's appreciated and we'll see you around.

-HardcoreChick96, IrishFighter96 & Goldgirl15