Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Coffee Break Hi-jinks

(Aimee's POV)

“So you are sure we can get everyone into the hotel?” releasing the buttons from the walkie talkies I had grabbed from my parent's house, I waited Kay to come back. Everyone thought we were running off the first channel, but whenever we had a serious moment, Kay and I met on the fourth channel. It kept the newest car from the line up from listening in. “Like I am all for sneaking an extra three people into the room, but where are they all sleeping?”

“She knew I was coming, Luv.” Eva wiped a tear from her face while sitting in the passenger seat. I had banned Clubby to Christina's car and even forced her to take half her bags to the other car. Stretched across the backseat Jaimie nodded. “She arranged for me to fly over with Megan from London.”

“I've never been there before.” Jaimie commented from her mini bed she had created. “Would love to go one day.”

Eva turned towards her “Well, I had always wanted to come here and now I am going to Pennsylvania!” Smiling ear to ear, Eva took a second “So I am pretty sure one day you will get to visit my side of the pond.”

A beep sounded on the walkie. “Sorry, Clubby was screaming into the radio and Christina started tailgating me cause no one was answering them.” Looking in my mirror, I saw Amid yelling at them from Kay's car. Could even make his voice out in the background of Kay's walkie. “They are seriously demanding a coffee break before getting onto the interstate. Like it was the plan to begin with.”

“I know, never said they were smart.” raising the device to my mouth I prepared to speak “There's a dd right up here, we can stop here and maybe they will behave.”

Parking outside the coffee heaven, I got out and lead the way inside. “SODA!” Heather ran into the place and to the soda cooler. Grabbing a bottle of Mountain Dew, she walked right up to the counter. “Aren't you guys getting stuff?”

“Oh, I forgot. Eva, that's Clubby.” Eva smiled slightly before approaching where Kay and Amid talked with Kelly. It was clear they were trying to seam like other customers and I couldn't blame them. After doing Heather's, X-Tina's and Meg's orders, Jaimie and I walked up trying out the others' strategy. “That group is so weird.” I motioned towards mostly Heather, causing the clerk laughed a little. “I need two giant coffees with a shitload of sugar in each.... And milk.”

Giggling broke out from the troublemaker's circle. Looking their way, I tossed a look at them. They stopped for a few moments as Kay and the others made their way up to the counter. “So is it really wise to have them all in the same car?” Jaimie placed her coffee on the table behind us as we waited for the last four coffees.

“You want one of them in the same car as you?”

Clubby and Meg sat down at the table Jaimie had put her coffee down on as X-Tina walked up to Kay and licked the side of her face while ordering. “No, I think they are perfect all in the same car.” Kay chased X-tina away as Jaimie raised her coffee to her mouth. “Why is the lid loose on here?”

“RUN!!” Clubby and Megan bolted as Kay continued to chase X-Tina.

Walking up to the counter, I walked in front of Amid and Kelly. “I need a cup of ice.” Reluctantly, the clerk passed me the cup and I walked over to Clubby. Pouring it down her shirt she started jumping around like a maniac. Tossing the cup into the garbage, I stepped next to Jaimie and shrugged. “Wanna share mine?”

Out of no where I heard something being poured into my hair. Shaking it out, I saw sugar packets fall from Meg's hand. Kelly, Amid and Eva left the place quickly with nothing to drink as Kay headed out right after them. As for the rest of us, management wasn't too happy with us being there anymore.

“So” Eva climbed into the back of the Mercedes as I attempted to get more sugar out of my hair. “I'm guessing it will be a normal trip?”

Shaking my head, all I had to do was point to where Clubby, Meg and X-Tina had been trying to climb into the window's of the car. “I wish.”

“JUST GET INTO THE CAR ALREADY SO WE CAN LEAVE!” Amid screamed from inside Kay's car causing me to bust into laughter.