Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

A Pirate's Life

(Kay’s POV)

I was going to kill them… all of them. Well, at least X-tina’s carload. The interstate opened up in front of our procession and I figured that if we had cops and witnesses that the crap would stop. Why would I say that when I knew damn well what the freaks would do?

I had made the mistake of turning the walkie talkie back on. I heard it beep before the insanity ensued. Clubby started out singing her song quietly and I heard Amid take a quick breath. I could tell he was getting pissed again, but I ignored him and his huffing. He wasn’t the one who had to drive four hours through three states while being tailgated by three psychos.

“Can you say something to her?” Amid asked me through gritted teeth.

“What do you expect me to say? Anything I do say will only make her worse.” I reminded him before changing lanes. Aimee was passing the car in front of her and I didn’t want to lose her.

“She’s right, Amid.” Kelly chimed in. “Heather isn’t one for rules.”

Amid grumbled and crossed his arms as he sank back into his crowded as hell seat. He said nothing else though so I turned my gaze back to the road. Flashing lights blinded me in my rearview mirror. Glancing back, I saw Meg flashing the lights of X-tina’s car at me. Rolling my eyes, I tried to ignore them.

It got worse.

The singing turned to screaming when Clubby realized we were ignoring them.

“Can we turn the station to channel 4 and tell Aimee?” Amid asked though he didn’t move from his angry posture. “Or at least turn music on to drown them out?”

“Amid- do you want to drive?” I asked instead of responding to his questions.

“No… but-”

“Then don’t tell me what to do!” I shouted at him. My anxiety was growing quickly and Clubby was really pushing it. If she didn’t get into a fatal car accident on the way down, I’d kill her once we got into the hotel.

Amid fell silent as I turned my attention to the walkie talkie and shut it off. The silence was golden. He didn’t speak, but I knew he was grateful that I finally shut off Clubby’s connection to us. The drive was peaceful for about twenty minutes. Then the car following must have figured out that our walkie was off.

Meg drove the small Ford Focus into the lane beside us. I didn’t realize they’d done this until Amid pointed it out.

“Uh… Kay?”

“Yeah?” I said, glancing in the mirror to look at him.

“Look out your window.” He said, but his expression was wary.

Confused, I glanced to my left and noticed what he had seen. The car was driving side by side with mine. The windows to the passenger and the back seats were opened completely. Clubby was practically hanging out of the passenger window with her pirate sword in her outstretched hand. She kept making a hacking motion towards my car though she wasn’t close enough to hit it. X-tina was in the back seat waving at us.

Opening my window, I called out the window into the Jersey air at them. “What the fuck are you doing?”

“You’re ignoring me!” Clubby shouted as she continued to brandish her sword. “But you aren’t anymore!”

“Get into the car before you get pulled over!” I told her unhappily. We didn’t need to bust Heather out of jail on top of everything she’d already done. And it’d only been an hour into the drive.

“I’m a pirate!” She called back with a huge smile. “The law can’t do anything to me!”

Seeing Heather hanging out the window of a car driving eighty mph only had two endings in my mind… either her being arrested or her falling onto the road and getting crushed. Terrified, I turned to glance at Kelly desperately.

“What can I do?” I asked her. I had no idea how to handle this type of craziness. Clubby was absolutely mental if she could do this and have no whims about dying or going to jail.

Kelly put a finger up and picked up the walkie talkie. “Clubby- the talkie is on… please get inside the car.”

I glanced out my window to see Clubby slide into the car and pick up her walkie talkie.

“Yay! Now let me start the song over.”

As she started her song, Meg let go of the gas and got into line behind me once more. I breathed a sigh of relief even though Clubby’s voice was going on and on.

Kelly turned the walkie onto Aimee’s channel next, cutting into Clubby’s little musical. “Um, can we attempt to grab drinks and gas from the stop up here?”

Smiling, I didn’t know how we’d have survived without Kelly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chad shows up in another two chapters! I know most of you can't wait for Bam to return either. :) Soon!