Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Truck Stop Hi-jinks

(Aimee's POV)

Hated driving in Jersey. The only thing I hated more was letting other people drive my car. Was never one for being a passenger no matter the situation. “So you are moving out here?” Eva and Jaimie had both sat in the back leaving me to have the front of the car to myself. “Least you two will have each other.”

“You should so move over here too! Like why haven't you just moved to the States Eva?” as they girl talked, I had to focus on the asshole drivers around me. Plus had to make sure no one got between us and the rest of the girls. “Can you change the cd Ames?”

“Course, my lady, I shall allow us to wreck while I fight to reach the cd organizer on the other side of the car.” both of them laughed but neither moved. “Thanks, guess we listen to Joan Jett again.”

A beeping sound came from the walkie causing me to turn the song down. “Um, can we attempt to grab drinks and gas from the stop up here?” Kelly's voice asked causing me to turn my turn signal on. “Thanks!”

Parking at the pumps, most of the people sprinted inside for snacks and such. I started pumping before looking at the others. Was going to ask Kay about what she was wearing later when laughter came from the doors to the store. What I saw caused me to cringe a little bit. Jaimie was the one laughing, because X-Tina was drenched in what seemed like soda. Soon more people from our group came out. Heather was carrying her camera and a bag of stuff, while Eva did the same with my camera. Amid and Kelly walked out ignoring everything that was going on around them. Wasn't surprised to see them climb back into Kay's car. Least it was remotely safe in there.

Figuring that Jaimie got her revenge in for what had happened in Dunkin Doughnuts, I finished pumping and replaced the pump thing back into the cradle. I saw Meg approach out of the corner of my eye but didn't see what she was holding. A window squeegee thing was hurled at me before hitting the pavement and splashing window cleaner all over me. Guess she thought she won cause Meg returned to pumping gas.

I cleaned the windshield to get the bugs and shit off with the once projectile. Then I figured I might as well return the favor since the Ford Focus X-Tina had shown up in had bird shit on the windshield. It didn't give off as much cleaner as it had with me, but it was enough to get Meg pissed. “Just think Meg, least it was clean when it got me!”

Starting the car up, I was watching Meg in my mirror scream as Heather dunked the squeegee thing into the cleaner and wiped her off. Least for once Amid was laughing hysterically at them. Probably cause they had locked the doors, but who knows.

“I really do want to look into moving to the states.” Overhearing Eva and Jaimie back to their chitchatting, I was a little happier one was finally sitting in the passenger seat for once. “What is this?”

Shrugging I watched Eva show me the front. “What does it say?”

“You always listen to this so I made you a cd?” looking up to me she placed it in the cd player anyways. “Guessing Heather made it for you?”

The sounds of Lacrimas Profoundere blared out of the speakers causing me to smile a little. “What the hell is this shit?” Jaimie questioned from the backseat, already laying down comfortably.

“Kay told me about how you met Bam last month.” with a sly grin, I knew I was in for it. “And I know this is one of his favorite bands. This is going to be a great trip.”

It seemed like the whole day was gone by the time we reached the hotel. Glancing at my phone, I took notice to the time. “We got here right on time somehow.”

“I wanted to be early.” Kay walked up to the counter. “Hi, My name is Kristin Brannigan, I reserved a room.”

Placing my license and credit card next to hers, I watched as Kay signed paperwork. “I'm Aimee McCluskley, I reserved a suite.”

The two of us took the elevator up and texted Amid about which door to pull up too. Bringing the others through the main entrance was not a good idea. Not with how they had been that day. “So you ready for all this?” Kay was playing with her necklace “Like I found out what band is playing.”

“We will be fine regardless of what band is playing.” Walking off the elevator, we passed a window of the parking lot below. There Heather was waving out of the roof off the focus like a queen or something. “Besides, we have people repellant.” shrugging I kept walking. “Think me, you, Eva, and Heather take the smaller room. Kick everyone else into the other room.” nodding with a evil smile Kay took my bag to mark our room. “I'll let them in.”

I reached the outside door where everyone was waiting and laughed. They had every bag on them, all at once. Heather had all four of hers hanging off of her and Amid was a close second with two bags and a rolling case. Both looked furious that I stopped to catch my breath from laughing too hard at them.

“Is this spa worthy?” Twirling Eva showed off her yoga pants and long heartagram tee once the unpacking had started. “I've never been to one before.” I nodded at her before putting my yoga pants over my shoulder. “She always do this?”

Heather was sitting on the bed, completely staring at Eva with and expression that was odd. “It's your accent. It's European.” Thankfully Kay was in striking distance since I was on the other bed. “What was that for?”

“Stop being creepy or you sleep in the hallway.” Placing a camisole on over my yoga pants, I noticed Kay had a pair on too. Instead she was wearing a Ten Year Vamp tee. “Change into your spa clothes Heather so we can leave. Behave and we will stop for ice cream afterward.” The strategy normally worked with Mel when I had to take her shopping.

A weird face came onto Heather's face causing Eva to go 'check on the others'. “I don't do spas. Thought we were going to a bar!”

“Get changed Heather or no bar later!” pointing her finger at the pirate wanna-be, Kay was obviously stressed. “We are leaving in five minutes. Meet us in the lobby!”

We gathered the others and stood in the hotel for around ten minutes before starting a search for Heather. Rounding a corner, I couldn't believe I didn't look at the bar first. “What are you doing?”

“Drinking. It's more fun then that crap you are going to go do.” She even began shooing me away. Rolling my eyes, I left her there knowing full well she didn't have a room key.

The others had moved outside and stood by the cars. “Just us, the crazy one is barside.” Tossing my keys to Jaimie, I let her drive the forty minutes to King of Prussia where the spa was. Kelly drove Kay's car and we ditched the third at the hotel. Was so ready for the relaxing potion of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just reading this makes we want to go to the spa!