Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Rum and Juice

(Aimee's POV)

Being at Duffers the night before had been too weird when everyone was gathered around Heather. Complete strangers had even started talking to her causing most of us to drink on the opposite side of the bar. At midnight the skank even had the nerve to tell all her new 'crew members' that it was my birthday so shots kept finding their way to me.

Since sleep was a rare thing in my life, I was enjoying the ability to sleep in until a breath hit my face. It smelt of rum, so I didn't have to guess who it was. “What Heather?”

“Happy Birthday!” Screaming into my ear, she giggled before slamming her rum bottle onto the nightstand. How it didn't wake everyone was- oh yeah, I had passed most the shots to them. “I need juice!” Throwing the blanket off from me, I looked at my roommate and felt the urge to down her rum bottle. She was dressed in a different pirate outfit, this on with boots and everything. “Wearing my nice outfit as your birthday present.”

“Thanks Heather. I'm assuming there is a reason you woke me up early right?” my fingers navigated through my hair as I thought of what to throw on for this 'emergency' store run.

Beginning to tap her foot, Heather rolled her eyes. “It's 11 in the morning!” a swig of her rum bottle put a smile back on her face.

A Metallica tee and sweat pants was going to have to work. “and you are already drinking at 11?”

“It's a pirates' life for me!” Skipping. The moron was skipping out the door. Seeing my pocketbook, I grabbed it quickly before heading out after her. “I wanna get you a birthday card while we are there too!”

She thought she was going? “Why don't you protect the others from scoundrels and thieves while I go get juice.”

It almost worked until she ran ahead of me “You are the birthday girl so I must protect you on your journey to the grocery store!”

The Acme grocery store was never going to be the same again.

Once the electric doors opened, Heather was gone. Not caring too much, I strolled down pushing the shopping cart towards the juice section. Then I figured it would be nice to have some fruit salads and bagels for breakfast so I began grabbing enough for everyone. A full dozen bagels, couple different cream cheeses and a thing of butter landed into the cart before I headed over towards the fruit and produce section. It felt like I was being followed, but I ignored it.

Adding a couple different melons, some strawberries, and a thing of grapes to the growing cartload, I thought about how I was going to prepare a melon in a fucking hotel room. It was just not going to happen. Taking all the fruit back out, I instead grabbed a prepared fruit salad thing. Bending over the cart, I attempted to place the huge bowl down without ruining the fresh bagels. Out of nowhere I felt someone grab me. “Hey Ames- holy shit, you have food.”

Turning to face Bam I saw him shuffle through junk in the cart. “It's usually what you buy at a grocery store.” receiving a half grin, whatever comment was about to come out of his mouth was silenced by the sound of an oranges and apples avalanche. “You weren't trying to scare me right?”

“Little bit, normally I jump and kick people in this situation.” making a gesture with his hand, the skater got distracted by a thing of juice spilling across the floor. “Think coming up and pinning you to the cart was better.”

I couldn't help the smile that had started to form on my face. “Good to know you saved me from-”

“I AM OVER TAKING THIS MARKET OF GOODS!” With her pirate hairstyle still fully intact, Heather stood on a display table and pointed her pirate sword upwards.

Taking the cart, Bam motioned for me to follow him. Reaching the junkfood, where security couldn't find us, he started whispering. “Sorry about that, whenever I go out, this stuff happens.” Nodding I looked around the corner to see Security was making a circle around the pirate who had them at sword point. “They try to impress me or something. Not quite sure anymore.”

“She has no idea you are even here.” stealing another look, I watched as she actually fought them off while talking on her cell phone. “She's been drinking rum since about five or so last night.” The table broke causing Heather to slide down and to the ground. Perhaps sober she wouldn't have landed on her face. Bam too watched as she stood up and started yelling my name. “I really don't- quick we have to hide back there!” pointing down towards the frozen goods, I pushed the cart as fast as I could.

We both slowed down to a normal walk as we reached where other people had been hiding from the crazed mental pirate. “So I'm guessing she's part of your group.” nodding I didn't want to confirm it verbally. “Are the others sane or am I losing a night club tonight?”

“Your insurance is up to date on the place right?”

“I WILL NOT LEAVE WITHOUT MY LIFE PARTNER!” Heather's voice echoed as security pulled her out the door.

Sneaking to the store's huge glass window, I saw Kay's car parked in the fire lane. Once outside Heather climbed into the backseat of the car and Kay was talking to the security guards. It was obvious Kay was attempting to keep them from calling the cops.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heather's Birthday was actually a couple days ago ...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CLUBBY YOU PIRATE BITCH!!!!