Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Getting Ready

(Aimee's POV)

The shower had been the best part of my birthday. With the water running, I couldn't hear any of the hotel employees get yelled at. Or the managers trying to blame Dico for starting the whole thing. I didn't even hear the managers' theory about how Heather was an innocent guest he had corrupted. If they only talked to the grocery store security guards...

For close to an half hour, there was nothing else but the music playing on my cell phone or therapeutic shower head pulsing on my still sore back. With how bad it had been hurting, I couldn't believe I had been at a spa the night before. Taking in a few more moments of hot water on my back, I felt defeated when the time came to turn the water off. Instantly I heard Clubby in the next room jumping on Amid's bed as he got ready.

Normally I would have no problem changing in the main part of the hotel room, but since there was company, I opted to change in the small bathroom. Every few seconds I knocked into the toilet while attempting to yank my skinny jeans up. Then came the process of getting my top on without getting it soaked or over heating in the now sauna like room.

Still drying my hair with the towel, I barely got out of the room before Kay bolted in, shoving me out of her way. “THANK GOD!”

“Wait til she finds out I used almost all the hot water.” Winking at Eva I caused her to pause her search for shoes. “You should wear the wedges right there.” Pointing at my blue ones, I watched Eva grab them and try them on. “Will definitely go with your dress.”

Eva strutted in them for a few moments before nodding to my side if the bed. There Bam had been sitting and playing on his phone. But of course he would have to been actually looking at the screen. He had been looking at my jeans and backless shirt since I left the bathroom. “Well Love, I have to get a second opinion from Amid.” before walking out the door she spun around quickly as I grabbed my make-up bag from my duffle. “Now behave you two.”

A snicker from the bed caused me to look up. “So how is this whole group getting to the Note tonight? Doubt you have any willing designated drivers...” Applying foundation in a few spots, I looked through the mirror at Bam. “Let me see what I can come up with for you.”

Eye liner and some mascara were next. “Being as how your friend caused a huge pirate academic?”

“Yup!” actually focusing on his phone for once, I watched him here and there. It was so strange seeing Bam Margera sitting on my bed. If a few weeks ago someone had told me I was going to run into him again at a grocery store only to have him come back to a hotel to hang out, I would have called them insane. “Got a lead.”

Shaking my head I held back a chuckle. Had no idea what his plan was and his effort level was scaring me. That and it was about time for the hot water to run out. Hey, Kay had opted to be the last one to shower. She decided to not wait for the hot water to build back up either. My last touch was a small amount of purple eye shadow with some gray fading into it. It was more make-up then I normally wore yet knew if Jaimie saw she would have Heather hold me as she added to it. “So who is playing at the Note tonight?” Laying in Clubby's spot, I made a mental note to get the pirate a cot. Mean she was the one pushing the idea she was a pirate, and they didn't have nice beds!

Instead of using words, Bam showed me his cell phone. The cover art caused me to screech a little bit. They were totally one of my favorite bands. “Guessing you approve?”

I nodded my head causing some of my still wet hair to come free from the hair tie. It reminded me I wasn't done getting ready yet. “Now I can't wait to get there.” Hopping up, I turned the room's straightener back on. Myself, Kay and Eva had been abusing the poor thing since we arrived there. Hair dried and half straightened, I heard the water turn off. “She's not gonna be happy.”

“Got transportation for everyone.” Getting off the bed, I watched the cell phone go into his front pocket. “You don't have to worry about anything else for the rest of the night.”

Smiling I was grateful. “Not even about the pirate wonder and her new found first mate?” the last strand of hair flowed through the straightener and I placed it back on the counter.

“Didn't think of that...” stopping in front of me, Bam had a weird look on his face. “I have to go get ready.” Nodding I thought he was going to say see you later or something to that effect. Instead I quickly found myself thrown over his shoulder. “KAY” Banging on the door with his free hand I was still in shock “Make sure everyone is ready on time. Your transportation will be here in two hours to get you!” Leaving the room, I could hear Kay asking what the hell was going on.

Not in the mood to fight, I let Bam carry me onto the elevator with Dico silently in tow. He did throw me a couple random looks only to laugh after each one. It scared the crap out of me. Once in the lobby, I felt my feet hit the lobby's carpet. “That was funny and all but I still need my cell phone, id, money, I don't know, maybe some shoes.”

“I don't think you need any of that.” in a sly voice, Bam looked away quickly.

Guess I was going to have to barter my way “I'll help you get ready and go willingly if you let someone bring down my shoes.”

“Agreed.” putting his hand out for me to shake, I looked at him questionably before taking it. “Now lets call the room.” Leading me to the lobby's desk, he dialed the phone for one of the rooms. “Eva, go into the other room, grab Ames a pair of shoes for tonight and bring them down, please?”

It took her a few minutes, but Eva came down with socks, my heeled ankle boots, and cell. “Here you go love.”

Putting the socks and shoes on, I looked up to see Dico had vanished. “Thanks poppet. Make sure Dico plays nice with the others, we do have a couple more days in this place.” holding my cell, I walked to where Bam had been watching and waiting.

“Make sure you guys actually make it to the party.” her accent rang out as she walked back towards the elevator.

Having the bright sun kill my eyes, I realized I should have made sunglasses part of the barter. Live and learn I guess. “So you guys are going to be here for a couple days?” Nodding, we reached the Audi quickly. Least the thing had tinted windows. “What are you guys doing in that time?”

“Well tomorrow we are going to just walk around town, maybe go to the battlefield.” Opening the door to the expensive sports car felt so weird. “Then finally have a nice night in- but get dragged out to another bar.” My pants were far too tight to maneuver into the seat as quickly as it's owner had. “Then the last day Kay is heading up with most the girls to set up for her party in Albany while Jaimie and I do some-” Crap wasn't ready to tell him I was moving into the area yet. “Shopping in Philly.” that was a good save right? Mean it wasn't a complete lie.

“Shopping for what?” the car started right up and Bam began the drive to his house, I assumed. “Maybe I can make some suggestions.” I knew he was just trying to help, but I didn't want to scare him off.

Think it was past that point though. “An apartment. Jaimie is moving into Philly because of a custody issue with her daughter.”

“Makes you a good friend for helping her.” Turning the stereo nearly off, Bam managed to see the red light in front of us. He had blown through the last one. “If you want, I could show you around to the right areas.”

A green light gave me the courage to get the rest of it out there. “The apartment is probably going to be for her, her six year old, and me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for still reading!!!