Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

All My Friends Are Dead

(Chad’s POV)

Kay disappeared down the stairs with Jacaso leaving me alone at the bar. The little douche seriously just ruined any chance I had with Kay at all that night. I'd hoped we would get passed the last few times we'd run into each other and start over. I really wanted to start over with her.

Sliding me a new Jack on the rocks, Bethany Rose, the Note's resident bartender, glanced me over with a critical eye before giving me that look she always gave Bam.

“What?” I snapped at her not wanting to be her new 'project'. For the last six months, Beth had been trying to get Bam away from the crazy sluts and back to a 'nice girl'. I so didn't need that kind of interference in my life.

“Chad- don't do this.” Beth said with a slight frown to her lips. The woman never learned how to fully frown so whenever she was upset or sad, she did a weird half-frown. It drove me nuts whenever I saw it. She was always too damn happy with life.

“You know how I feel about you-” I began, but like always, she was one step ahead of me.

“Sticking my nose into your business.” She finished in that annoying way she did. “Yeah yeah I've heard it plenty of times. Just stop acting like a jerk when things don't go your way. At least when Bam is miserable, he is still nice to people.”

Beth didn't say anything else as she grabbed a rag to wipe down the counters. Sighing, I downed the drink without a pause. I desperately needed to get the image of Josh and Kay together out of my head. I never liked the fitness freak to begin with, but now he was just pissing me off.

A sound from the stage caught my attention. Leaving the bar where Beth was ignoring me, I walked downstairs to join the crowd so I could see what was happening. The girl they called “Clubby” was on stage with Hank from Hell and a microphone was in her hand. Watching the pirate freak walking around with the object that would allow her to talk to the masses scared the shit out of me. I met this girl once and even I knew Clubby should never be allowed to hold an audience.

“My name is Captain Clubby Sparrow-from-Hell and I have a confession.” She paused for the dramatic effect and I rolled my eyes. “I don't deserve to be up here! My birthday was a couple weeks ago! Today is my life partner’s birthday! Her name is Ames and she is-”

I heard Aimee threaten Clubby and I hid the smile that almost exposed itself. From where I stood, I could see the birthday girl attempt to hide herself behind Bam. Then I knew how I'd keep myself entertained for the rest of the night.

“FOUND HER!” I shouted as I grabbed Aimee and carried her to the stage. She tried to kick me the whole way and the constant struggling made it difficult to keep my grip around her. Suddenly, on stage, X-tina and Megan appeared out of nowhere. They weren’t even wearing their outfits from the hotel. They were wearing Turbonegro shirts that said ‘Staff’ on the back.

“Ames don't fight us, the band just wants to sing you happy birthday. Then you will be back to drinking your liver into non-existence. There is no need to-”

“Just move!” I screamed at them. Aimee was getting heavy. They scattered as I finally managed to toss her onto the stage with the band, Clubby and the Bopsy twins. Somewhere behind me I heard Kay laugh as if she couldn't help herself. It brought a grin to my face.

Aimee, grabbing the microphone from Clubby, pointed directly at her friend while she spoke. “Kay’s birthday is in a few days!”

Aimee gave me a pointed look that I could only take as a threat. I sighed quietly before turning to Kay. She gave me a wide eyed stare as I approached her. I put my arms out as if asking if it was OK for me to lift her up. Shaking her head, a smirk appeared on her lips.

“I can walk. I won’t fight. I promise.” She said before allowing me to lead her to the stage in that hot lace dress and leopard print heels she thought it was a good idea to wear.

Once she was onstage, I stepped back in order to watch her and Aimee do whatever it was Clubby had planned for them. Kay glanced at her best friend before rolling her eyes.

“How did we end up here?” I heard her ask.

Aimee laughed. “I blame you, bitch.”

The Bopsy twins set up a single stand with a microphone before they disappeared behind the curtains. At least they wouldn’t be onstage the entire show. We weren’t so lucky with Clubby. She was Hank from Hell’s right hand bitch and she made sure everyone knew it.

“So thanks to Captain Clubby Sparrow from Hell, we will be singing a du-- eh…. A triplette!” Clubby clapped at the made up word Hank just thought of. “So help me in welcoming two gorgeous ladies, Aimee and Kay!”

The crowd clapped as the band began to play the beginnings of a song that was just too perfect for the situation. I was pretty sure the girls wanted to kill all of their friends at the moment. Clubby must have known this song was next and decided it would just be too hilarious to have them join in on it.

Hank grabbed his mic and began the intro into the song. “Where're your friends? Where're your friends? Where -are -your -friends, man? What? What? Where're my friends?”

I had joined where Bam stood watching from the crowd. I couldn't believe the crowd was eating it up... who was I kidding. Two hots chicks on top of a girl who could give Dico a run for his money were on stage singing with one of the greatest bands to exist. The people surrounding Bam and I had started to clap in unison. The sight of how excited everyone was, our friends included, made me happy to be there to experience this night. There was no way I'd forget this.

Hank began to sing his part of the song while Ames and Kay joined in on the clap. “All my friends are dead. All my friends are dead. You got kicked in the head. All my friends are dead. All my friends are dead. All my friends are dead. You got smacked in the head. All my friends are dead.”

Hank pointed to the girls as a signal for them to start singing. Kay and Aimee glanced at one another with uncertainty before they leaned into the microphone to join the Norwegian legend.

“I always knew that they would end up like today. They bought the bullet and they paid with hand grenades. Hey, hey, hey…”

Five minutes later, the girls stepped off of the stage with huge smiles plastered on their faces. Bam and I went to meet them at the edge of the stage before they could disappear in the crowd.

“That was amazing!” Bam gushed as he pulled Aimee and Kay into a hug before he settled his arm over Ames’ shoulders. Behind us, Hank got his band started with another song.

“You ladies were great.” I said with a huge smile. “Good job. Maybe you have a new career?”

Kay laughed at the question. “I don’t think so. My little sister- maybe- but me? Never.”

“Never say never.” Bam said with a sadistic smile. He disappeared into the crowd a moment later leaving me with Ames and Kay.

Aimee, with a sigh, glanced at her friend. “You had to open your mouth, didn’t you?”

“What?” Kay asked, not sure of what she had done. Oh the poor girl had no idea what was in store for her and her friends. Bam was relentless.

With an equally mischievous smirk, I echoed Aimee's statement with my own. “You’re gonna get it now.”

“What are you talking about?” She asked in frustration. I guess she didn't like being in the dark. I only shrugged and glanced up at the stage. The smile was still on my face. I didn't think it would disappear anytime soon.

Once Turbonegro’s song had ended, I turned towards the stage with the girls when Bam had appeared and the crowd went nuts. The smile on his face, plus the fact that Clubby was beside him looking completely in heaven, worried me for what he had in store for them.

“I’ve decided to give Turbo a little break and to ask some of my lady friends to come up here for a song.”

The crowd began to woop and Kay covered her face with her hands. This was going to be absolutely mortifying... for her. I couldn't help, but laugh at her reaction.

“Kay! Ames! Come on up here and join Clubby!” Bam called out. We weren’t far from the stage to begin with so the crowd pushed them forward. Hank and his band mates helped the girls back onto the stage.

Each of them got a microphone. I didn’t know what song was going to play and I could see Kay was terrified to find out what one Clubby had chosen. Once the music began, I almost lost it. Of course Clubby would choose something so out there for the crowd in front of us.

“I've got a boyfriend. He likes to fight a lot. We got a lot in common and he thinks I fucking rock. We like to break rules. Both got tattoos. We tend to smash things and we like to scream things.” Clubby began to scream into the mic before Ames or Kay even got the chance to decide who would sing first.

Clubby was so serious, but all I could think about was her singing about Jack Sparrow... or Hank from Hell.

Ames and Kay joined up on the chorus. “You don't want no problems. You ain't got no beef. I don't wanna fight, tonight. Hey hey. But I ain't going home for no one. I don't wanna fight, tonight. Hey hey. But I ain't going home for no one.”

Aimee took over the next verse and to give her the chance, I noticed Bam cut off Clubby’s mic. Clubby, once she realized she couldn’t sing in her microphone, she attempted to steal Kay's, but out of nowhere, Hank from Hell appeared and pulled her backstage. The crowd lost it at the sight.

“Some say I'm a black sheep cuz I like to sleep late. Wake up round 3 o'clock. Drinking till my tummy aches. You think I'm a rebel cuz I keep making trouble. Get here on the double 'fore I break a little something down.”

A brunette girl who I believed was named Eva climbed on stage to pick up where Clubby had failed. I smiled at the sight of the English girl shedding her uncertainty and joining her insane friends on the stage.

Kay picked up for the slower part of the song and nailed her lyrics. “I'm daddy's little girl. But when you kiss this I'm just a princess. Little miss perfect and everyone knows it. But that's another day. There's rules to break, yeah!”

The song ended and Clubby returned to the stage with Hank and Bam trailing behind her. It was clear to me that she wasn’t going to behave at all that night. The crowd was going wild from the crazy show that was just given to them. I could see Kay smiling at me from the stage. I smiled and gave her a small wave. For the first time in a long time, I was looking forward to the future.

“AMID!” Clubby screamed into her microphone. Apparently it’d been turned back on. My gaze swept the crowd and I noticed he was sneaking out of the club. “DON’T LEAVE!”

The Indian man glanced at the pirate freak, looked terrified, and then ran from the bar. I laughed as she screamed for vengeance against the man who had just deserted her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter of Chad's POV! There will be more in the future so this won't be the only time you get to hear and see what Chad is thinking and feeling. This chapter ended up being really long, but there was so much I wanted to cover that it was necessary. I hope everyone enjoyed it, however, and there are plenty more chapters on the way. -HardcoreChick96