Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

A Fiery Wakeup

(Kay’s POV)

Bam was the worse influence on me and my friends. He had mentioned something probably horrible to Aimee, who thought it was a good idea, and suddenly I was being pulled down the hallway of the hotel towards the exit.

“Where are we going?” I asked a little late. We’d made it to the parking lot and the jackass immediately went to the trunk of his car. Turning to my best friend, I raised my eyebrows up in question. “Ames?”

My friend shrugged as Bam searched the trunk of the Audi. Sighing, I watched as he smiled as he found what he was looking for.

“Are you ladies ready for an epic wakeup?” Bam asked, an evil smirk spreading across his face.

“Oh God.” I said before he produced what he’d found. When Bam showed the object he was going to use in his plan for this ‘epic wakeup’, I cringed at the chaos I knew would ensue. “Oh God.”

“I’m not quite God, Kay, but I’ll take the nickname.” Bam laughed as I scowled at him. He was such an idiot. “What do you say we shoot these off in the room to wake up the morons?”

“I’m in!” Aimee cheered with a small jump into the air. “How do we sneak them in?”

“This is a really bad idea.” I said with a shake of my head. “Can this get us arrested?”

“Probably.” Bam answered without a glance in my direction. “Do you think I can fit these ones in my pockets?”

Rolling my eyes, I knew it was no use. We’d already been kicked out of the hotel for the water damage Heather had caused and now we were going to get arrested for the fireworks. Unless I somehow managed to spin it into Bam’s fault and get us away clean…

Aimee tossed a few poppers at me. Catching them, I stared down at the tiny plastic explosives. They wouldn’t do any real damage, but were going to be loud as hell.

“Just think of it as payback for all the shit Heather’s put us through on the trip.” Aimee offered with a grin. “Come on, Kay… You know you want to.”

The thought of Clubby waking up to all this going off put a smile on my face. This was going to be amazing. “I guess you’re right. What else do you have?”

Bam, seeing my determination, lifted a bag out of his trunk. “I have grenade firecrackers, smoke bombs, jumping jacks, hmmm…” He lifted something that looked like a stick of dynamite from the plastic sack. “I don’t know what this does, but what the hell?”

Taking as much stuff as I could carry without being caught or looking suspicious, I followed Bam and Aimee back up to our hotel rooms where the others had passed out after destroying the one bathroom. I was getting Heather back for everything she’d done to me and this poor town. Aimee was doing the same, but Bam was just having fun… more fun then he’d probably had in a long time if I thought about it.

The morons were still completely passed out and hung-over. Heather was lying on Amid’s bed, still in her pirate costume and Turbonegro makeup. Brandon DiCamillo was lying across the foot of the very same bed with his face buried in the pillow he had. Kelly and Eva had taken the other bed and both were sleeping so peacefully that I felt sort of bad for this wakeup they were getting… only just a little. Not enough to stop from doing it.

The entire band of Turbonegro had apparently been unable to make it to their own hotel rooms at the end of the night since they were all scattered on the floor. At least the others had thought to give the floor sleepers some blankets and pillows. I giggled under my breath as I stepped over the half-dead people and towards Clubby and Dico’s bed. Jaimie was on the small fold out cot the hotel had given them since Jaimie refused to bunk with any of the others who she shared the room with. A guy I had never seen before was sleeping on the cot with her. The two of them were practically sleeping on top of each other since the cot was only a single person. I shuddered at the thought of what they had done there.

Megan and Xtina were sleeping across from each other in the only two chairs in the room. I smiled at the sight. Megan was curled up in her comfy chair while Xtina was sitting as if she’d been drinking and talking to the others before she passed out in the same position.

Bam bent down beside Hank from Hell’s head and lifted the blanket covering him a tad. “Are these the blankets from their rooms?”

Aimee counted the comforters in the room before laughing quietly. “It looks like it. There are six comforters in this room.”

“So the idiots went to their rooms just to get blankets? Why didn’t they just sleep on their own beds? It’s got to be better than the floor.” I whispered to my friends.

Aimee shrugged as Bam stood back up and glanced at the two of us. “We only get one chance to do this and we have to do it right. Kay- you get Clubby and Dico. Ames- get Xtina, Megan, Jaimie and… the random guy.” Aimee smirked at that while Bam assigned himself. “I got the band. Hank’s gonna get it.”

Positioning ourselves near our targets, we lifted the lighters we had bought at the small store down in the hotel lobby to the rockets in our hands. Bam was about to start the countdown when the door opened behind him. We froze in our spots as Amid walked in on the chaos that was about to reign down on our friends. He paused as he assessed the situation. Then he lifted up his bag that had already been packed and waiting by the door.

“Carry on.” He said before closing the door quietly behind him as he left the room.

I wanted to laugh, but bit my lip to stop myself. I couldn’t ruin this. This had to go perfectly. Payback had to happen to those who got us kicked out of our lovely and expensive hotel. I met Aimee’s eyes and she gave me a playful smile. It was clear that she was enjoying this as well.

Setting the smoke bombs onto the nightstand, I lifted the rocket up again.

“Three…two…one…”

The three of us lighted our rockets simultaneously. The sound of them was so loud I almost dropped the firework so I could cover my own ears, but I held onto it. I quickly lit the smoke bombs as Bam threw the poppers on the ground. Aimee tossed grenade firecrackers to the ground which exploded as the smoke from my bombs covered the room. Xtina and Megan jumped at the same time as the grenade went off. Megan fell over the back of the chair trying to get away from the grenade while Xtina stared in confusion at Aimee. Jaimie and her random guy woke with a start. Jaimie screamed and I’m assuming to get her out of his face, the guy pushed her off of him and onto the ground. She moaned as her ass hit the ground hard. She would definitely have a bruise after this.

“What the fuck?” Jaimie complained loudly as she knocked the guy off of the cot and onto the ground as well. He hit the ground with an ‘oomph’.

The poppers crackled near the heads of the band of Turbonegro. The members all sat up at the same time. Their head collided with another member of the band. Bam lost it at the sight of Hank and his minions holding their heads from the impact. He was sitting on the ground against the TV stand laughing so hard that he couldn’t sit up on his own. Kelly shot out of bed and into the bathroom. She closed the door and a second later, she ran from the bathroom and out of the door of the hotel room, soaking wet from the mess Clubby had made during the night. Eva sat on the bed she was sleeping in with a straight spine as she took in the chaos surrounding her. It was obvious she didn’t know how to react so she grabbed the blanket in front of her and covered herself as if it would protect her from what was happening.

Clubby, who had been apparently sleeping with her fucking pirate sword, jumped onto her feet and swung the sword without looking. She knocked me right in the face with the plastic weapon before she had recognized me. The sword hit me right above my right eye and the blow had almost knocked me off my feet. I sank to the bed Heather had just vacated to stop myself from falling over. Clubby, still batshit crazy, lifted her sword at me in a threatening way. I threw my hands in front of my face to avoid another blow.

“It’s me, Heather!” I screamed at her so she wouldn’t attack again.

“Oy I feel a wee bit hung-over.” Clubby said as she dropped the sword to the bed and copied me by gripping her head. She had suddenly adopted an Irish accent? What the fuck was wrong with this girl?

Feeling the tender spot on my face where she’d hit me, I knew there would be a mark in a few moments. “Bitch.”

Clubby gave me an apologetic smile and shrugged. I shook my head as I assessed the situation around me. Everyone was confused but it was slowly dawning on them. Then I noticed something I hadn’t in the midst of the insanity.

Dico hadn’t even woken up.