Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Call Me Maybe

(Kay’s POV)

It had been a super long night celebrating my birthday with all of my best friends and Debbie of Ten Year Vamp. Debbie was probably one of the only people who was normal enough looking, but could be as crazy as Heather in a fucking instant. I had gotten home around 3 in the morning and passed out directly after. I woke up to my cell phone ringing.

Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here’s my number so call me maybe. It’s hard to look right at you baby, but here’s my number so call me maybe.

Groaning at the sound of my new ringtone courtesy of Clubby, I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed it in an attempt to stop the music.

“Hello?”

The music stopped and I smiled inwardly. Thank God.

“Hello? May I speak to Kay?” A male voice asked as if unsure.

“Speaking.”

The guy let out a long breath before speaking again. “Thank God. Did I just sound like an idiot asking to speak to you on your own cell?”

I had no idea who this was.

“That depends. Who is speaking?” I asked sharply. A quick glance at my clock showed it was barely nine in the morning. Ugh, only six hours of sleep?

“Oh geez. I’m sorry. It’s Josh.” He really did sound sorry.

Despite the situation and how tired I was, I actually smiled. “Hey Josh. It’s fine. I just had no idea who was talking to me.” I paused for a moment feeling like a complete tool. “So how are you?”

I heard a chuckle before he responded. “I’m fine. How are you? You sound like you just woke up.”

“I did. You woke me up.” I couldn’t help, but laugh when he gasped and started to apologize. “It’s fine. I had a long night is all.”

“Long night? Any antics happen that I have to know about?” He asked interested. I hadn’t had a guy be interested in what I was doing for a long time. It made me grin like a fool.

“If you’re alluding to Heather and her crazy ass I’d have to answer that with a negative. She was actually very well behaved.”

“Get out of here.”

“I’m not kidding. She was too busy texting someone in West Chester.” I was positive about that one. Aimee told me and I just laughed about it when I watched her for part of the night. She was so into her phone during the party.

“Hmm… I wonder who?” Josh laughed again. “Did you have a good time?”

“I did. Thanks for asking.” I decided to turn the tables on him. “Did you do anything half as fun as I did last night?”

“I don’t think so. I got my schedule ready for my classes today.” He said happily. “I wouldn’t have minded spending last night up there though. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.”

“I did.” His response to my question made another come up. “Classes? Are you a teacher?”

“Yeah right.” Josh responded. “I wish. No, I actually do physical training and fitness classes. It’s fun, but definitely different than being a teacher.”

“Oh.” I hope I didn’t sound too disappointed.

“So- when did you plan on coming back down to visit? I heard your friend was moving down so that means you’ll be visiting a bunch, right?”

He almost sounded… hopeful.

“I’ll definitely be down for Hellview.” I hesitated before asking the next thing on my mind. “Will you be there?”

“Definitely.”

My heart picked up speed and it scared me a bit. I enjoyed talking to Josh and the brief encounters we’d had in person were enough to make me like him.

Was I crushing on a guy I barely knew?

Yes. Yes I was and I didn’t care who knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of our readers! I hope everyone is loving this story so far.