Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Jim Beam

(Aimee's POV)

It had been almost a couple weeks since meeting Ape and I had filmed just a little bit more with Bam here and there. Dico had gone up to Albany which meant West Chester was Clubby free and safe. My apartment was completely set up finally and since Bam refused to let my fridge stay bare I had enough food to last a good four people a month. The plant I had received when I first moved in had already died and so had the vase of flowers which were meant to replace them. After a good week of nice relaxing silence I felt amazing.

And also bored out of my mind.

The apartment never really got dirty, and I had found myself cleaning stuff out of the need just to move around. My office was completely set up and reorganized a good three times already. I could always just call Bam to hang out with but with how much time I had been spending over there I didn't want to seem like a leech. I hated when I felt people saw me as a needy person so naturally I avoided it.

Placing the last of the guitars back on the wall, I stared at the three six strings and two basses. I just wasn't in the mood to play. Normally it was an activity to saving me from just this kind of boredom, but after playing non-stop for so long …

It left one activity, and thankfully part of Bam's version of grocery shopping was buying a shitload of liquor. A bottle of Mr. Jim Beam somehow fell onto my lap and opened all on it's own. With a good portion gone, I heard my phone beep and jumped. Making sure to place the bottle onto the coaster, which took a few seconds to accomplish, I looked at my phone to learn I had a new E-mail. A few clicks on the touch screen opened it up to let me know there was building issues so the store was going to open up even later. If sober I would have started drinking at that news, instead I grabbed the bottle and took another swig.

With my phone in one hand, and the bottle still in the other, I decided I needed to tell something to someone. Who or what was beyond me so I closed my eyes and picked a name at will then called it. It rung a little bit before a voice answered. “This is the Wolfe Road TD Bank branch. Amid speaking, how can I help you?”

“AMID!” excited I forgot I had more to say. “I forgot why I called, oh wait, I didn't have a reason.”

“Aimee?” his voice questioned “Have you been drinking?”

Waiting I slowly answered, well kinda. “The bottle of whiskey came to me and I felt compelled to drink it. Maybe Ian Smolderholder of Vampire Diaries did it!”

“Ames, It's three in the afternoon sweetheart. Put the bottle down and take a nap.” Amid's voice sounded strained. Probably because he was so thrown off.

A stubborn, Irish, drunk girl at 3pm is not the right person to tell to stop drinking and sleep. “I WILL NOT.” After being hung up on, I laid on the couch staring at the ceiling in a drunken state. I started off thinking about what I could do to pass time. Maybe I could come up with a song about getting bored and blowing my brains out.

The next moment, the apartment was dark as hell and there was something banging. The sound got loader and loader as I stumbled towards the source. Reaching the stained glass door, I finally realized I had involuntarily taken Amid's advice. Damn him!

Muttered voices on the other side had me confused. Why was there trick or treaters mid fucken October? Didn't they know they were early?

Opening the door slowly, the sight in front of me was confusing. Bam's knuckles was just about to hit the screen door again while two other people stood off to his left more confused then me. “I thought you said she was going to be ready!” Novak complained. “She doesn't normally dress like that, right?”

I looked at my outfit of fleece Playboy pj pants and a Clutch shirt. To me, the two matched up perfectly. “Where am I being ready to go to?” I placed the bottle of Jim down on the nearby table and attempted to seem serious.

“Why don't you guys go ahead and we'll hang out tomorrow night.” Nodding to Bam, Novak took the girl next to him and headed up the road. “One of those kinda days, huh?” Making his way into the apartment, he grabbed the bottle and sat on the couch. “You need a TV for movie nights.”

Joining him, I shrugged. “Would probably help with my boredom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Think this is honestly the latest I have ever updated a chapter. With that in mind I would like to place all blame on my 5 month old son. Just can't tell him no when it comes to cuddle time.